Discworld

Looking for Audiobook Advice

For literary discussions, of both Pratchett and other authors.

Looking for Audiobook Advice

Postby ehangeto4 » Sat Aug 28, 2021 06:10 pm

'Eyo. I recently got a job at a bookstore, and decided to make the most of my commute by squeezing an audiobook in. It's not really far there and back, but my workplace is big on giving recommendations, so the more I have to talk about, the better. I'm trying to cover a lot of the popular starting points for this reason (already read Mort, Moist Trilogy, and Small Gods) and figured Equal Rites sounds like it'd be good on an audio format. Not really asking for reading orders (plenty of great resources on that), but any advice or recommendations would be super helpful.
192.168.0.1 routerlogin 192.168.l.l

Anyway, here are my questions:

Is there any site you'd recommend, especially for Discworld audiobooks? I've seen Audible and audiobook.com pop up, and I'm fine with subscriptions, but I'm also not super satisfied with them quite yet.

Any books you recommend? I'd like to start off with the entry-points, but I'm happy listening to any once I get around to them.

Any (in)famous readers? I've heard that Celia Imrie (Equal Rites) is good but quiet, though that might be more of a technical problem.

Are abridged readings worth it? Pretty sure I already know the answer, but want to hear if anyone had a positive take on it, since most of the customer feedback wasn't.

Thanks for the help! Really appreciate it.
ehangeto4

Return to The Reading Room