Discworld

What are you reading when not on this forum IV

For literary discussions, of both Pratchett and other authors.

Re: What are you reading when not on this forum IV

Postby Pat » Sat Jun 24, 2017 02:41 pm

Stories of your life and others - a collection of short stories by Ted Chiang. One (the title story) was filmed as "Arrival" - decent film with a moderate degree of plot in common with the story...
My next project is a book in which I explore the influence of the music of Beyonce on the writings of J R R Tolkien. It's called "It you write it, you have to put a ring in it"
Pat
Monitor

Postby Grace Speaker » Sat Jun 24, 2017 03:21 pm

Pat wrote:Stories of your life and others - a collection of short stories by Ted Chiang. One (the title story) was filmed as "Arrival" - decent film with a moderate degree of plot in common with the story...
:thumbl: Thanks for this reference - I really liked Arrival, so would like to read more from it's author
X-Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett
Grace Speaker

Postby phalarope » Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:55 pm

I finally sat out in the garden with The Witch's Vacuum Cleaner last weekend, and really got stuck in and enjoyed the stories. I'm not a fan of children as a rule, but found myself wishing I had a kid to read them to (like my dad read to me when I was little).
Cheers -
Carol (phalarope)
'The world is full of signals that we don't perceive.' -- Stephen Jay Gould, (1941-2002) paleontologist, evolutionary biologist, science historian

Oysters have 4 lips

X-Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett
phalarope

Previous

Return to The Reading Room