Discworld

The Shepherd's Crown - WARNING contains **SPOILERS!**

For literary discussions, of both Pratchett and other authors.

Re: The Shepherd's Crown - WARNING contains **SPOILERS!**

Postby Stew d'Apples » Mon Sep 28, 2015 08:58 am

I like knowing that, despite his decline, Pterry was still coming up with idea. That we'll never know more about them (unless they are released as they are in a single volume) is sad but they do show that Terry's spark was still there.
GNU Terry Pratchett
Stew d'Apples

Postby Badgerwilde » Thu Oct 22, 2015 06:45 pm

It's hard to be negative knowing the surrounding circumstances of writing the final book for Terry, so i won't.

I will say i enjoyed it for what it was and i'm now reading ' Interesting Times ' like i usually do with the Discworld books....when i finish one, i'll grab another.

I'll continue to do so for the next 20 odd years, like i have for the past 20...

Peace.
Badgerwilde

Postby Catch-up » Sat Jan 09, 2016 02:10 pm

Finally got through the whole book after needing to put it down a couple of times. I pretty much sobbed through the first three chapters. Enjoyed the rest of the book without getting emotional. Got to the last chapter and Rob's afterward and I was sobbing again.
X-Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett
Catch-up

Postby Grace Speaker » Sat Jan 09, 2016 09:47 pm

Catch-up wrote:Finally got through the whole book after needing to put it down a couple of times. I pretty much sobbed through the first three chapters. Enjoyed the rest of the book without getting emotional. Got to the last chapter and Rob's afterward and I was sobbing again.
((hugs)) know just how you feel! Rob's postscript gets me every time too
X-Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett
Grace Speaker

Postby Gaspode » Sat Jan 16, 2016 05:12 pm

Badgerwilde wrote:It's hard to be negative knowing the surrounding circumstances of writing the final book for Terry, so i won't.

I will say i enjoyed it for what it was and i'm now reading ' Interesting Times ' like i usually do with the Discworld books....when i finish one, i'll grab another.

I'll continue to do so for the next 20 odd years, like i have for the past 20...

Peace.

Snap. but there are one or two books I never reread.

Have read through this book again and my original views still stand. And even knowing that this was unfinished still don't help, I would have preferred a 'finished' book by Terry or even none at all than one mucked about with by someone else.
As the last couple or so books were the same, Ive felt for a while that he had help putting the books together.
Just my 2p but Ive still got the early books to reread and most of the emails and all of the letters he sent me to do with jewellery ideas and other stuff. When I'm dead and buried someone can publish these if they want. But not on my watch.

To quote the master "Teef made into Jewellery, I knew you would be trouble, I feel sorry for the fans wallets"
Gaspode

Previous

Return to The Reading Room