Discworld

Thursday Next *SPOILERS*

For literary discussions, of both Pratchett and other authors.

Thursday Next *SPOILERS*

Postby Basement » Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:35 pm

Hi all, am looking for some help with regards to the Thursday Next series. There are spoilers in here if you haven't read the series yet!

I've just started reading The Woman Who Died A Lot so please be aware of any spoilers from that book. But I'm severely confused. Didn't First Among Sequels end on a cliff hanger with Thursday trying to escape from the fictional version of Felix8 who was trying to kill her? I kind of expected this to all be resolved in One of Our Thursdays is Missing but it doesn't appear to have been and there has been no mention of this so far in the next book. Have I missed something? Will it all become clear in the rest of Died A Lot or has Mr Fforde just ignored it?
GNU Terry Pratchett
Basement

Re: Thursday Next *SPOILERS*

Postby Molokov » Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:40 pm

I seriously can't remember... It's been a while since I read them, and to be honest, the Thursday Next series isn't my favourite Jasper Fforde.

I suggest you read on, it's possible that it may be explained/resolved later in the book, but they are all pretty much a blur to me.

(I watched the Last Dragonslayer TV movie over the New Year's break, and there was a lot in that I was going "Hang on, did this bit happen in the book?" I'm tempted to re-read it just to see how much of it got changed for TV).
Nullus Anxietas VI - The Discworld Grand Tour - The Australian Discworld Convention
4th-6th August 2017
The Lakes Resort Hotel, West Lakes, Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
https://ausdwcon.org
Molokov

Re: Thursday Next *SPOILERS*

Postby Basement » Mon Jan 23, 2017 09:54 am

Nope, no reference to it at all. So what the smeg was going on???
GNU Terry Pratchett
Basement

Return to The Reading Room