Discworld

Book Help II

For literary discussions, of both Pratchett and other authors.

Re: Book Help II

Postby chrisboote » Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:48 am

Suddenly remembered, it's Alan Dean Foster, in his short story collection "With Friends Like This" or "Who Needs Enemies"

Neither available to download :(
Reading: Staring at the remains of a dead tree and hallucinating
User avatar
chrisboote
 
Posts: 5224
Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2006 08:51 am

Re: Book Help II

Postby Whos Wee Dug » Tue Oct 25, 2016 01:39 pm

You can get on Kindle Chris. Amazon £ 4.99
With Friends Like These (With Friends ... Book 1) Kindle Edition
A Midgie in yur hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
User avatar
Whos Wee Dug
 
Posts: 3480
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2005 11:01 pm
Location: Bonnie Scotland

Re: Book Help II

Postby steeljam » Tue Nov 22, 2016 08:31 pm

Book scorpions patrol piles of old books eating up dust mites and booklice.

I wonder if they can also take care of 303 Bookworms?
Flickr Photos : DW Events : Discworld Stamp Catalogue : Motorcycle diaries
Register your birthday on the forum
X-Clacks-Overhead GNU Terry Pratchett
User avatar
steeljam
Monitor
 
Posts: 17118
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2005 06:54 pm
Location: Welling in Kent

Re: Book Help II

Postby Grace Speaker » Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:22 am

steeljam wrote:Book scorpions patrol piles of old books eating up dust mites and booklice.

I wonder if they can also take care of 303 Bookworms?
:lol:
X-Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett
Grace Speaker
 
Posts: 3686
Joined: Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:00 am
Location: London

Re: Book Help II

Postby Grace Speaker » Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:28 am

Caboodle/National Book Tokens are running another 'Guess the Book title' game again to win a year's supply of books: :D

http://caboodle.nationalbooktokens.com/

I got to 17/20 quite quickly, but then got stuck and had to go and make a couple of tea to get the old grey matter working. Got there in the end, but have to admit to not having read at least 6 of them in the list
X-Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett
Grace Speaker
 
Posts: 3686
Joined: Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:00 am
Location: London

Re: Book Help II

Postby chrisboote » Wed Nov 23, 2016 04:13 pm

Grace Speaker wrote:Caboodle/National Book Tokens are running another 'Guess the Book title' game again to win a year's supply of books: :D

http://caboodle.nationalbooktokens.com/

I got to 17/20 quite quickly, but then got stuck and had to go and make a couple of tea to get the old grey matter working. Got there in the end, but have to admit to not having read at least 6 of them in the list

I found this to be the easiest one they've set so far
Only one caused me a lot of headscratching - until I googled for the correct title
Reading: Staring at the remains of a dead tree and hallucinating
User avatar
chrisboote
 
Posts: 5224
Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2006 08:51 am

Re: Book Help II

Postby Grace Speaker » Wed Nov 23, 2016 05:16 pm

chrisboote wrote:
Grace Speaker wrote:Caboodle/National Book Tokens are running another 'Guess the Book title' game again to win a year's supply of books: :D

http://caboodle.nationalbooktokens.com/

I got to 17/20 quite quickly, but then got stuck and had to go and make a couple of tea to get the old grey matter working. Got there in the end, but have to admit to not having read at least 6 of them in the list

I found this to be the easiest one they've set so far
Only one caused me a lot of headscratching - until I googled for the correct title
I thought so too, the only one I had a real struggle with was the Gravediggers one. But they're still fun to do . . . maybe an idea for a future DWCon or Drummers quiz . . .? :wink:
X-Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett
Grace Speaker
 
Posts: 3686
Joined: Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:00 am
Location: London

Re: Book Help II

Postby chrisboote » Fri Nov 25, 2016 05:35 am

I like that idea.. :)
Reading: Staring at the remains of a dead tree and hallucinating
User avatar
chrisboote
 
Posts: 5224
Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2006 08:51 am

Previous

Return to The Reading Room

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

cron