Discworld

Good Omens is being made in to a new TV Series . . .

The bit of the forum where you can be the director, producer, and critic of anything that is movie related in a Discworldly sort of way.

Re: Good Omens is being made in to a new TV Series . . .

Postby HansLac » Fri Jan 05, 2018 04:55 pm

Grace Speaker wrote:Oh blast, Neil Gaiman on Twitter as just hit me with the Onion Fairy again . . . :cry:

Aziraphale’s bookshop. There’s a little area of Books by one of his favourite authors, and a hat that one of the customers left behind and will be back for one day... #goodomens #terrypratchett

https://www.instagram.com/p/BcmVv3jFRQ0/

Neil Gaiman rules. So great to see authors like him cherish Pratchett's works.
HansLac

Postby Grace Speaker » Tue Jan 23, 2018 04:48 pm

X-Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett
GNU Stephen Hawking
Grace Speaker

Postby Pat » Wed Jan 24, 2018 05:19 pm

"The cult novel by Neil Gaiman and the late Terry Pratchett is being adapted into a six-part series starring David Tennant as the demon Crowley and the angel Aziraphale respectively."

Am I missing something in that sentence?
My next project is a book in which I explore the influence of the music of Beyonce on the writings of J R R Tolkien. It's called "It you write it, you have to put a ring in it"
Pat
Monitor

Postby Grace Speaker » Wed Jan 24, 2018 05:53 pm

Pat wrote:"The cult novel by Neil Gaiman and the late Terry Pratchett is being adapted into a six-part series starring David Tennant as the demon Crowley and the angel Aziraphale respectively."

Am I missing something in that sentence?
:lol: Typical demon trying to take all the credit!
Have you checked Michael Sheen's website to see it if says: "The cult novel by Neil Gaiman and the late Terry Pratchett is being adapted into a six-part series starring Michael Sheen as the angel Aziraphale and the demon Crowley and respectively." ?
GNU Stephen Hawking
Grace Speaker

Postby Grace Speaker » Fri Feb 09, 2018 01:03 pm

What an angelic selfie :D
Now I wonder where he put that sword, I'm sure he had it only a moment ago . . .

GNU Stephen Hawking
Grace Speaker

Postby steeljam » Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:15 pm

More castings - in a league of their own
Flickr Photos : DW Events : Discworld Stamp Catalogue : Motorcycle diaries
Register your birthday on the forum
X-Clacks-Overhead GNU Terry Pratchett
steeljam
Monitor

Postby Grace Speaker » Wed Feb 14, 2018 04:22 pm

A small glimpse into Hell, courtesy of Mr Gaiman, and it's 'motivational' messages . . .

GNU Stephen Hawking
Grace Speaker

Postby Grace Speaker » Thu Feb 22, 2018 09:53 am

I love the attention to detail that is going into the filming of Good Omens and Neil Gaiman for being so wonderfully and joyously excited by all of it, bless him :D

GNU Stephen Hawking
Grace Speaker

Postby Grace Speaker » Fri Feb 23, 2018 06:26 pm

Ooh I say!! :shock:

Neil Gaiman‏Verified account @neilhimself · 4h4 hours ago
I'm having to write on-set texts for prophecies we only allude to in the book, so we can shoot them (and the commentaries on them) tomorrow. I just wrote the one about Newt and Anathema having sex that gets all the cheers from ancestors & am still blushing.

I can't wait to read it . . . :D
GNU Stephen Hawking
Grace Speaker

Postby Grace Speaker » Thu Mar 01, 2018 04:09 pm

Neil Gaiman has Tweeted that he has a cameo role in Good Omens: :D

Neil Gaiman‏Verified account @neilhimself · 2h2 hours ago
Look for me in episode 4, drunk and asleep in a cartoon theatre.

GNU Stephen Hawking
Grace Speaker

Postby Grace Speaker » Sat Mar 10, 2018 03:58 pm

Last day of filming on Good Omens . . . now for 9 months or so of post-production . . .

. . . 'P'-word, 'P'-word, 'P'-word!!!

GNU Stephen Hawking
Grace Speaker

Postby Grace Speaker » Sat May 05, 2018 10:32 am

Neil Gaiman has just Tweeted that back in 2002 when Terry Gilliam was wanting to make Good Omens, he had cast Johnny Depp as Crowley and Robin Williams as Aziraphale, Hastur and Madam Tracy. :D :lol:

I love the current cast and production, but I would happily have paid good money to see Robin Williams, mayherestinpeace, let loose in Good Omens :D
GNU Stephen Hawking
Grace Speaker

Postby SANEAlex » Sat May 05, 2018 10:56 am

Grace Speaker wrote:Neil Gaiman has just Tweeted that back in 2002 when Terry Gilliam was wanting to make Good Omens, he had cast Johnny Depp as Crowley and Robin Williams as Aziraphale, Hastur and Madam Tracy. :D :lol:

I love the current cast and production, but I would happily have paid good money to see Robin Williams, mayherestinpeace, let loose in Good Omens :D

What is worse is the the story i heard was they had about half the money pledged to do it but the studio execs at that time that could have authorised the rest of the money said RW was a has been & JD only did arty movies and passed on it, admittedly this was before JD became Captain Jack so in a different trouser leg of time Crowley may have killed Captain Jack. :wink: :twisted:
Someone has to tilt at windmills.
So that we know what to do when the real giants come!!!!
X-Clacks-Overhead: GNU 'nk you Professor Sir“Mr”Terry Pratchett(pTerry)OBE #BlackboardMonitor #TheManInTheHat,Author #GuiltyOfLiterature !!!!
SANEAlex

Postby Grace Speaker » Sat May 05, 2018 11:17 am

SANEAlex wrote:
Grace Speaker wrote:Neil Gaiman has just Tweeted that back in 2002 when Terry Gilliam was wanting to make Good Omens, he had cast Johnny Depp as Crowley and Robin Williams as Aziraphale, Hastur and Madam Tracy. :D :lol:

What is worse is the the story i heard was they had about half the money pledged to do it but the studio execs at that time that could have authorised the rest of the money said RW was a has been & JD only did arty movies and passed on it, admittedly this was before JD became Captain Jack so in a different trouser leg of time Crowley may have killed Captain Jack. :wink: :twisted:
Oh, I don't know - I think they might have got on rather well and Captain Jack could certainly give Crowley a run for his money in the ingenious and dastardly naughtiness stakes, as long as the rum didn't run out and both of them completely ignored the Code . . . well, more guidelines really . . . :wink:
GNU Stephen Hawking
Grace Speaker

Postby Grace Speaker » Fri Jul 13, 2018 05:01 pm

Once more, with footnotes . . .

http://ew.com/tv/2018/07/13/good-omens-neil-gaiman-comic-con/?utm_campaign=entertainmentweekly&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com

Is it possible for Mr Gaiman to be even more adorable? I want to give this man a great big hug, just on general principles :D

And, he adds, he’s become much more protective over Good Omens than he ever was when someone wanted to adapt his own solo work.

“I was much, much, much, much more difficult than I ever would have been with one of my things,” Gaiman explains. “Because with my things, I tend to [react to changes by saying], ‘Oh, good! No, try it!’ Whereas with this, it was like, ‘People want to cut this scene?! But Terry wrote this scene! This scene is not going to be cut!’ And I got to be much more of a bastard.”
GNU Stephen Hawking
Grace Speaker

PreviousNext

Return to Moving Pictures