Page 1 of 62

What have you seen part II - the sequel *No SPOILERS please*

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 03:38 pm
by Darren
Time for a new thread, coming to a forum near you, umm, now...

Re: What have you seen part II - the sequel *No SPOILERS please*

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:01 am
by steeljam
Darren wrote:Time for a new thread, coming to a forum near you, umm, now...

Cue Pearl and Dean's Asteroids Dah dah-dah dah-dah-da ...

Re: What have you seen part II - the sequel *No SPOILERS please*

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 09:08 pm
by Catch-up
I've been watching the 4th season of Eureka - just as good as the first three so far. :D

Re: What have you seen part II - the sequel *No SPOILERS please*

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:03 am
by hansolobiker
4th Eureka starts next week over here.Looking forward to that and to Warehouse 13 s3 starting thursday.

Re: What have you seen part II - the sequel *No SPOILERS please*

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:19 am
by Pat
Harry Potter and the Second Half of the Story We've Already Charged You Full Price For.

As always, not having read the books, I was left guessing what was going on a lot of the time.

Still, beats the "review" I read on Twitter : "HP7b - In which it is revealed the whole magical story was a dream as Harry starves to death in his cupboard." ;-)

Re: What have you seen part II - the sequel *No SPOILERS please*

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 02:02 pm
by rentawitch
I like the HP7b better :D

Re: What have you seen part II - the sequel *No SPOILERS please*

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 03:27 pm
by steeljam
Pat wrote:Harry Potter and the Second Half of the Story We've Already Charged You Full Price For.
As always, not having read the books, I was left guessing what was going on a lot of the time.
Still, beats the "review" I read on Twitter : "HP7b - In which it is revealed the whole magical story was a dream as Harry starves to death in his cupboard." ;-)
The Metro of the 14th July 14 was forecasting record income.
In todays Metro the statement that
Higher admission proces meant the last of the eight films became the first in the franchise to hit that level.
seems to agree with Pat.

Re: What have you seen part II - the sequel *No SPOILERS please*

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:20 pm
by Catch-up
hansolobiker wrote:4th Eureka starts next week over here.Looking forward to that and to Warehouse 13 s3 starting thursday.


I've tried Warehouse 13, thought I'd like it but just couldn't get into it.

Pat wrote:Harry Potter and the Second Half of the Story We've Already Charged You Full Price For.

:lol: So true!!

Pat wrote:As always, not having read the books, I was left guessing what was going on a lot of the time.

Derek felt the same way. His exact words as we walked out were, "I feel like I was robbed."

Re: What have you seen part II - the sequel *No SPOILERS please*

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:52 pm
by Pat
Catch-up wrote:I've tried Warehouse 13, thought I'd like it but just couldn't get into it.

I've generally felt that "Eureka" is "X-Files Lite" and "Warehouse 13" is "Eureka Lite". I watch it when it's on but I don't mind missing it, whereas I buy "Eureka" DVDs!

Re: What have you seen part II - the sequel *No SPOILERS please*

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 02:20 pm
by Catch-up
I LOVE Eureka! :D

Re: What have you seen part II - the sequel *No SPOILERS please*

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 09:26 am
by Pat
Catch-up wrote:I LOVE Eureka! :D

I agree! X-Files was great - but there was barely a laugh in the whole nine seasons... ;-)

I first encountered Eureka on holiday in the US four or five years ago - they were advertising season 2 and at the airport a shop had the season 1 DVDs - what could I do?

Re: What have you seen part II - the sequel *No SPOILERS please*

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:11 am
by chrisboote
Apparently there's this stuff called 'willpower'
I put it in the same category as Yeti hair and Loch Ness Monster scales - largely mythical, only ever seen by other people

Re: What have you seen part II - the sequel *No SPOILERS please*

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 07:52 am
by chrisboote
Saw part 2 of Sherlock last night online

And ... well, what a crock!
There is no way the A-Z could be used for that type of code - and it WAS a code, not a frickin' cipher - because it doesn't have numbered pages with lists of streets like that
They missed a trick though - why not have it from a Chinese restaurant menu?

However, apart from that, still thought the writing was excellent again

Re: What have you seen part II - the sequel *No SPOILERS please*

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:50 am
by rentawitch
and Mr Cucumberpatch is rather gorgeous.. There is that too, she says reducing the tone to sub-zero temperatures :D

Re: What have you seen part II - the sequel *No SPOILERS please*

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:09 am
by Tonyblack
chrisboote wrote:Saw part 2 of Sherlock last night online

And ... well, what a crock!
There is no way the A-Z could be used for that type of code - and it WAS a code, not a frickin' cipher - because it doesn't have numbered pages with lists of streets like that
They missed a trick though - why not have it from a Chinese restaurant menu?

However, apart from that, still thought the writing was excellent again

I think episode 2 is the weakest of the three so far.

I rewatched episode 3 this morning (lots of places in Cardiff in there) - some clever stuff in there. :D