Discworld

Troll Bridge

The bit of the forum where you can be the director, producer, and critic of anything that is movie related in a Discworldly sort of way.

Troll Bridge

Postby Pat » Tue Mar 08, 2016 01:47 pm

The Snowgum Film is almost with us! (I think the first time I heard that it was in Latin) There's still time to pledge or add bits to your pledge. The site will now allow you to request both DVD and BluRay versions if you're a completeist (none of them around here) but since one of the things you get for pledging is your name in the credits, the site asks you what you want in the BluRay credits. And then it asks what you want in the DVD credits.

Only a real scunner would ask for different names in the different formats...
My next project is a book in which I explore the influence of the music of Beyonce on the writings of J R R Tolkien. It's called "It you write it, you have to put a ring in it"
Pat
Monitor

Re: Troll Bridge

Postby Molokov » Tue Mar 08, 2016 08:28 pm

Links: http://trollbridge.film

And to back it if you haven't done so already: https://troll-bridge.backerkit.com/hosted_preorders

And if you did back it - in either Wave 1 (2005ish) Wave 2 (Kickstarter in 2011) or Wave 3 (everything after the Kickstarter) be sure to log in to Backerkit with your email to answer the survey and choose your appropriate rewards.
Nullus Anxietas VI - The Discworld Grand Tour - The Australian Discworld Convention
4th-6th August 2017
The Lakes Resort Hotel, West Lakes, Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
https://ausdwcon.org
Molokov

Postby Pat » Wed Mar 09, 2016 01:53 pm

Ah, Wave 1. I had hair then.
My next project is a book in which I explore the influence of the music of Beyonce on the writings of J R R Tolkien. It's called "It you write it, you have to put a ring in it"
Pat
Monitor

Postby Darren » Wed Mar 09, 2016 03:51 pm

Pat wrote:Ah, Wave 1. I had hair then.

It was quite nostalgic to get their notification email, wasn't it...? :twisted:
Grumpy old mod.
Darren

Postby Pat » Thu Mar 10, 2016 02:16 pm

Darren wrote:
Pat wrote:Ah, Wave 1. I had hair then.

It was quite nostalgic to get their notification email, wasn't it...? :twisted:

I would have sworn Wave 1 was longer ago that 2005. Perhaps I moved offices more recently than I think!
Pat
Monitor

Postby Darren » Thu Mar 10, 2016 02:19 pm

It was certainly over 10 years ago, as it had our old address in it, which we moved from in January 2006.

So 2005 is possible, but I had similar feelings I must admit that it was before that.
Grumpy old mod.
Darren

Postby Molokov » Thu Mar 10, 2016 08:39 pm

Probably older... the earliest email in my Gmail account I could find was March 2005 from the (then) Troll Bridge mailing list. I suspect I was using a different email address before that.

Given that I think they said it was 12 years last year, that'd make it 2003 when the project was first started? Not sure when they first asked for money, however...
Nullus Anxietas VI - The Discworld Grand Tour - The Australian Discworld Convention
4th-6th August 2017
The Lakes Resort Hotel, West Lakes, Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
https://ausdwcon.org
Molokov

Postby phalarope » Mon Jul 04, 2016 02:07 pm

I had a look at the List of Missing and Incomplete Surveys, and these names looked familiar...

Adrian Emery
Barrie Wakeford
Sandra Battye

There may be other Forum members, but I didn't recognize names

Missing Backers

The vast majority of backers have filled in their surveys and are ready for the day when we start to ship. However, there are still many who remain Lost, who will not receive their shiny stuff. We call them the Missing.

​We are sending out reminder notices to fill in your surveys once a week to those we have, but we are mindful that time changes many things and one of those is possibly your email address, which is a vital key to receiving the pretty things.

If you think that you may have ever backed TROLL BRIDGE at any point in history, and have had the same email for years, please keep an eye on your junk folder and then leap into action when you see an email headed “Response Needed -- Get your reward for Troll Bridge”. Once you have that email it’s just a matter of following the simple instructions here in order to fill out your survey.

Then you can sit back and wait for the pledge items to come to you!

Below is a list of the current Missing Backers so you can find your name. Once you have done so, please email our resident werewolf Deb at backing@trollbridge.film and she will help you track down the email that you will need to log into BackerKit.

Then you too can follow the simple instructions here to be able to just wait for the shiny things to come to you.
Cheers -
Carol (phalarope)
'The world is full of signals that we don't perceive.' -- Stephen Jay Gould, (1941-2002) paleontologist, evolutionary biologist, science historian

Oysters have 4 lips

X-Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett
phalarope

Postby Joolz » Tue Jul 05, 2016 06:57 pm

I think that Kindra Jones (Kinniekat), Kiyomi Deards (Kiyomi) and Shaun Main (Vimesy) are also erstwhile members of this parish if anyone is in touch with them to let them know they are on the missing backers list.
X-Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett
Joolz

Postby Gaspode » Wed Jul 06, 2016 08:01 pm

Ive sent a reminder.
Having moved house 3 times and changed emails a couple more.
Add to the fact I'd completely forgotten about this, Im just wondering if my copy will be on BetaMax :D

Just have to be P P Patient now.
Gaspode

Postby steeljam » Sat Dec 24, 2016 02:25 pm

Joolz wrote:I think that Kindra Jones (Kinniekat), Kiyomi Deards (Kiyomi) and Shaun Main (Vimesy) are also erstwhile members of this parish if anyone is in touch with them to let them know they are on the missing backers list.

I have sent an email to Kiyomi.
The others do not now appear in the list, so must have been found :D
Flickr Photos : DW Events : Discworld Stamp Catalogue : Motorcycle diaries
Register your birthday on the forum
X-Clacks-Overhead GNU Terry Pratchett
steeljam
Monitor

Return to Moving Pictures