Discworld

American Gods

The bit of the forum where you can be the director, producer, and critic of anything that is movie related in a Discworldly sort of way.

American Gods

Postby steeljam » Sat Jul 23, 2016 07:44 am

Flickr Photos : DW Events : Discworld Stamp Catalogue : Motorcycle diaries
Register your birthday on the forum
X-Clacks-Overhead GNU Terry Pratchett
steeljam
Monitor

Re: American Gods

Postby Grace Speaker » Sat Jul 23, 2016 08:43 am

I've only just finished reading American Gods for the first time and really liked it! :D :D :D

Love the casting of Ian McShane - that old rogue is a good choice to play, well, an old rogue :wink:
Also love that Gillian Anderson is going to be the god of media and yer man who played Lincoln in the 100 is a good choice for Shadow (we'll skip over the fact that he was also in Hollyoaks)
X-Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett
Grace Speaker

Postby Stew d'Apples » Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:21 pm

Shouldn't Mr Wednesday have one eye? Been about sixteen years since I read the book so can't remember if he does in t'book.
GNU Terry Pratchett
Stew d'Apples

Postby Grace Speaker » Wed Jul 27, 2016 09:22 am

Stew d'Apples wrote:Shouldn't Mr Wednesday have one eye? Been about sixteen years since I read the book so can't remember if he does in t'book.
In the book Wednesday has a glass eye that almost exactly matches the other one, so it takes Shadow a little while to be certain that it is a glass eye. The eye takes on a minor life of its own later on in the book, however, when it gets separated from its owner :wink:
X-Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett
Grace Speaker

Return to Moving Pictures