Discworld

Dr Who

The bit of the forum where you can be the director, producer, and critic of anything that is movie related in a Discworldly sort of way.

Re: Dr Who

Postby Grace Speaker » Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:23 am

Just watched the first episode of the new series and actually really liked it :D

Bit of a daft, Predator type, story line, I grant you, but I guess they just needed a vehicle for the recently regenerated Doctor to run about a bit while Jodie Whitaker got her teeth in to the role. I rather like her in the role and just hope they come up with better and more meaty story lines, with less of the touchy-feely stuff in future. If only they hadn't killed off Michelle Gomez as the Master!

Didn't like what they did to the theme tune at the end though.

What did everyone else think?
X-Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett
GNU Stephen Hawking
Grace Speaker

Postby Darren » Mon Oct 08, 2018 01:17 pm

I'm still wondering why just because she's now female she seems to be immune to going splat when falling from a great height and using a train as a landing pad? And no, I'm not even going to theorise about airbags... :twisted:

Especially given such a scenario killed off Tom Baker's era (albeit at Jodrell Bank rather than Sheffield, and without the train).
Grumpy old mod.
Darren

Postby Grace Speaker » Mon Oct 08, 2018 01:26 pm

Darren wrote:I'm still wondering why just because she's now female she seems to be immune to going splat when falling from a great height and using a train as a landing pad? And no, I'm not even going to theorise about airbags... :twisted:

:lol:
She'd have to be the other way up for her, ahem, airbags to work in the train landing scenario. :wink: I thought that while the Doctor is regenerating they are pretty much indestrucrable? Didn't David Tennant fall off a spaceship when he was regenerating?
X-Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett
GNU Stephen Hawking
Grace Speaker

Postby Darren » Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:45 pm

I'd always thought it was the other way around (witness the Impossible Astronaut bit of Smith getting shot whilst doing the amber lightshow) but I guess that's during regen rather than just afterwards.

It still felt oddly out of place and rather quickly glossed over anyway, at least to me.
Grumpy old mod.
Darren

Previous

Return to Moving Pictures