Discworld

Jingo 26-28 April 2018

The bit of the forum where you can be the director, producer, and critic of anything that is movie related in a Discworldly sort of way.

Jingo 26-28 April 2018

Postby Badger10 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 05:40 pm

Hi there,

Just wanted to let folks know that my local theatre group (Castle Players) based in Lytchett Matravers near Poole in Dorset will be performing the stage adaptation of JINGO later this month in honour of what would have been Sir Terry's 70th birthday.

The director (Steve O'Niell) is a big Discworld fan as am I and several of the cast (with the others enjoying the introduction to Sir Terry's humour and Stephen Briggs' valiant efforts to take one of the bigger and more complicated Discworld stories and turn it into a cohesive and enjoyable 2 hour play).

I have the honour, challenge and somewhat scary responsibility of bringing Commander Sir Samuel Vimes to life - no pressure then! :-)

Rehearsals are going well and we're looking forward to delivering a show full of interesting characters, intrigue, laughs, excitement and tension. Hopefully we will also be introducing the delights of the Discworld "world" to some new fans in the process.

We have evening performances Thursday, Friday and Saturday plus a Saturday matinee.
Tickets are on sale now - please follow the link below:

https://www.castleplayers.com/coming-up

thanks

Peter (PJ)
Badger10

Re: Jingo 26-28 April 2018

Postby Grace Speaker » Thu Apr 12, 2018 08:53 am

Sounds fantastic!! :thumbl: :thumbl: :thumbl:

Wish I lived a bit closer so I could come see you guys, but hope it goes brilliantly and please feel free to show us some photos of you in costume! :D
X-Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett
GNU Stephen Hawking
Grace Speaker

Re: Jingo 26-28 April 2018

Postby Badger10 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:34 am

I'll see if I can get some photos on here.
Badger10

Return to Moving Pictures