Discworld

I came to the UK and I went to the theatre

The bit of the forum where you can be the director, producer, and critic of anything that is movie related in a Discworldly sort of way.

I came to the UK and I went to the theatre

Postby phalarope » Wed Sep 26, 2018 09:56 pm

London, had to see The Mousetrap, well because it is there. (And I had never seen it). Then saw The Play That Goes Wrong the next day. Laughed so hard that bits fell off. And then The Mousetrap made sense.

Onward to Oxford, with no plans to see a play at all. Stumbled over a production of King Charles III by the Oxford Theatre Guild, staged in a church. Very well done in the round, and quite eerie casting in the physical sense.
Cheers -
Carol (phalarope)
'The world is full of signals that we don't perceive.' -- Stephen Jay Gould, (1941-2002) paleontologist, evolutionary biologist, science historian

Oysters have 4 lips

X-Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett
phalarope

Re: I came to the UK and I went to the theatre

Postby Pat » Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:01 am

Both excellent shows. The Mousetrap was th efirst - and possibly only - play I've seen where the set has an intact ceiling.

The Play That Goes Wrong is brilliant. I saw it twice, first in London and then in Leeds. Marvellous. They also did Peter Pan Goes Wrong and A Christmas Carol Goes Wrong for th eBBC at Xmas (in successive years). I've got tickets to see The Comedy About A Bank Robbery next month.
My next project is a book in which I explore the influence of the music of Beyonce on the writings of J R R Tolkien. It's called "It you write it, you have to put a ring in it"
Pat
Monitor

Return to Moving Pictures