Discworld

knitting

News of Hogswatch and other events in Wincanton

knitting

Postby Sarah JF » Fri Oct 28, 2011 09:08 am

Hi there all, we have a sugestion for a knitting corner at hogswatch, will be confirming with Reb, I will bring some wool and patterns, the one Mags and I have used to make fegals, a seated elephant, and otheres all free downloads from the internet, and I will get some needles, do you want me to get crochette paterns in the same way? bring what you want, any thing creative, no plan yet , but posably looking to making a knitted disk in the future for next years hogswatch auctuon? come natter and knit, chance to catch up, or learn to knit, and if some one is there that can learn to crochet, all welcome all levals catered for, we hope.
well there the plan, will get back with confirmation and stuff later
Sarah ( one of thoes who wheares a leather hat)
Sarah JF

Re: knitting

Postby rentawitch » Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:59 pm

There is a crocheted disk pattern which I have and have started making. I think a plastic canvas disc on the top of knitted or crocheted elephants and turtle.
I'd love to design and make the disc map and circle sea and circumfence. :)
As we journey through life, discarding baggage along the way, we should keep an iron grip, to the very end, on the capacity for silliness.

Saufen fur Frieden auf Erden

I love my computer, all my friends live in it. :)
rentawitch

Postby phazedout » Mon Oct 31, 2011 03:57 pm

I haven't knitted since primary school and have no needles or wool but I'd like to give ti a go, care to try a rank amatuer who hasn't weilded needles in anger since ohhh 1983 or so?
Phaze
on the "It's not a sewing circle but I could give it a go, gotta be better than the mutant puppet I created when I was ten" ID
[regarding Alan Rickman] He had Tim Curry's ability to save the day by putting literally all the scenery in his mouth and gnawing on it like a deranged woodchuck.
phazedout

Location: Ballina, Mayo the sunny west of Ireland (rimwards of wincanton)

Postby ladyramkin » Mon Oct 31, 2011 05:39 pm

Sounds fun. Count me in :thumbr:
Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape.
ladyramkin

Postby Dragonlady » Thu Nov 03, 2011 01:05 pm

Assuming that the itinerararary has enough space, I could be persuaded to join in. I'm more of a happy hooker than a nit-wit, but I can do both.

Sounds like we're forming a Witch and Stitch group?
If you can't be a good example, you'll just have to be a horrible warning...

http://www.inspiredtowalk.co.uk/ Kilimanjaro 2013 or bust!
Dragonlady

Postby rentawitch » Thu Nov 03, 2011 01:21 pm

and there are lots of patterns for dish holders. where you can knit shapes in relief. just knit and purl squares for those who want something simple :) I can print what's needed but only in black and white.
As we journey through life, discarding baggage along the way, we should keep an iron grip, to the very end, on the capacity for silliness.

rentawitch

Postby Mitzykickstart » Thu Nov 03, 2011 05:42 pm

OOOOOOhhhh knitted feegles now theres an intriguing idea, knit one, purl one drop two, acchh crivens ye canny worry as it will make a fashin good buttonhole jobby.

Hee heee hogswatch is getting more and more appealing by the minute

xx :meow: xx
Mitzykickstart

Postby rentawitch » Mon Nov 07, 2011 04:37 pm

For people who really want the basics, I can bring some plastic canvas and you can make a picture. Like needlepoint or tapestry but solid sewn with wool. You can frame them. I am making a money box at the moment.

Just need a tapestry needle or ANY needle with a large eye. and some double knitting of whatever colours you fancy. :)

rentawitch

Postby Sarah JF » Wed Nov 23, 2011 03:23 pm

I have croshette patterns too now, free from net, Whitch and Stich sounds good title, drop in , drop out try not to loose stich. I have bag of wool, some stuffing needles, knitting and sewing to make stuff up. see you over the weekend.
Sarah JF

Postby Sarah JF » Wed Nov 23, 2011 03:36 pm

ah we will be in the sweatman hall, from 10am will try to grab cosy corner
Sarah JF

Postby demdike » Wed Nov 23, 2011 03:43 pm

I'll be the one knitting and walking, I've perfected it now. If only I could get the hang of knitting and driving, ah all those hours wasted :D
Death before Dishonour. Nothing before Coffee.
demdike

Postby Alifin » Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:15 am

Sally Pointer - she of Pointy Hat fame - has a pattern for the Death of Rats on her website
Alifin

Postby t_horne » Thu Nov 24, 2011 05:57 pm

I can cross stitch quite well, crochet in a line (grandma taught me), but have no experience of knitting. Would love to join in though :-)
Why is the rum always gone? *wobbles* Oh, that's why!
t_horne

Return to Wincanton Events