Discworld

Big Thank You

News of Hogswatch and other events in Wincanton

Big Thank You

Postby pebble » Mon Dec 02, 2013 04:30 pm

I'd like to thank everyone who made our first ever Hogswatch such an enjoyable event. The numerous strangers who came and spoke to two obvious newbs, making sure we were enjoying ourselves and being involved made us feel welcome and part of something very special. My son really felt special with all the people complimenting him on his costume and wanting to take photos of Moist Von Lipwig, even more when he met up with Stupid Bloody Johnson and had to pose again and again as their photos were taken.

As for the Emporium staff, you are total and utter stars, from presenting Aiden with his special birthday gifts on friday, to saluting the Postmaster General when he arrived on saturday morning, you made a young fan walk ten feet off the ground.

We are now looking forward to the next event and Aiden is already designing his next costume, looks like more mask making for me lol.

But once again, thank you all for being so friendly and welcoming.

Chris and Aiden
pebble

Re: Big Thank You

Postby gnomi » Mon Dec 02, 2013 04:37 pm

This is how it is :) And it truely was a wonderful costume. I really enjoyed seeing all the clever, original costumes this year heh.

I've finally worked out that 2013 was my fifth Hogswatch and every year is like coming home :)

Thanks to everyone for getting stuck right in, thanks to Reb, Ian and Bernard, and Jo at The Bear for being truely awesome, and for the cast of theatrical masters for the entertainment :)

Thanks for the warmth, the welcome and the laughs :)

And congratulations to Dave of the Millers Inn on the birth of his son Charlie :)

See all you guys next Hogswatch :)
No'-As-Big-As-Medium-Sized-Jock-But-Bigger-Than-Wee-Jock-Jock
gnomi

Re: Big Thank You

Postby tifanny aching » Thu Dec 05, 2013 01:36 pm

You did a great job spraying Moist's suit gold! =) Rather you than me - the fumes must've been intoxicating... Look forward to seeing the next outfit creation! Shame I didn't get chance to take a proper pic of him though when we were making the death of rats - due to sticky fingers! but he knows i got a sneaky one of him when we were sitting in the memorial hall =) what a brilliant first hogswatch contribution!
tifanny aching

Return to Wincanton Events