Discworld

Spring Fling 2014

News of Hogswatch and other events in Wincanton

Re: Spring Fling 2014

Postby PeggyOgg » Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:56 pm

The theme is "Moving Pictures" so we need of course 1000 elephants.
COME ON FOLKS, ANYONE COMING TO SPRING FLING AT WINCANTON 3RD/4THMAY THE THEME IS "MOVING PICTURES" SO WE NEED 1000 ELEPHANTS!! PLEASE BRING AS MANY AS YOU CAN. They can be sketches, stuffed toys, knitted or sewn, old toys from charity shops, figurines, cakes, biscuits, chocolate, soap. In fact I'll give a prize to the 'most unusual form of elephant' and to the person who brings the most elephants. They can be loaned for the count up then retrieved or left to be sold on the 'Fifth Elephant stall', proceeds to the charity. Anyone who can't come but wishes to contribute please send your elephants to the Discworld Emporium, 41 The High Street Wincanton Somerset BA9 9JU with a covering letter. thank you. We can’t send any back but they will be included on the stall. Any leftovers will go to local charity shops. PS nothing alive or dead or life size, thanks! In fact small ones will give us more room.
Edible ones would be lovely cakes, cookies chocolates nom nom!
Can you please count up your elephants and tell us (truly) how many you have brought. We will count them but it helps initially to estimate the numbers. If you wish to take back your elephants please put your name on them and say "Not for sale".
THANK YOU
Mags
Morituri Nolumus Mori
Bigger Bottom is famous for two things - Elastic Fog and the Knicker Factory. Bigger Bottom knickers are world famous in Lancre.
PeggyOgg

Postby Vicky4Ecks » Sun Apr 06, 2014 07:18 pm

Got my holiday sorted for the year and managed to get spring fling weekend off and hogswatch weekend off :)
Vicky4Ecks

Postby Addengos » Tue Apr 08, 2014 05:05 pm

ImageImage
Addengos

Postby steeljam » Tue Apr 08, 2014 08:01 pm

Well Addengos you have done it now. You realise this means you will have to attend the Spring Fling and wear the outfit.
Flickr Photos : DW Events : Discworld Stamp Catalogue : Motorcycle diaries
Register your birthday on the forum
X-Clacks-Overhead GNU Terry Pratchett
steeljam
Monitor

Re: Spring Fling 2014 - Newbies!

Postby Vimesisnottoooldforme » Sun Apr 13, 2014 07:57 pm

This is my Fiance's and I's (Graeme and Hanna) first Spring Fling. We moved to Somerset and discovered the Emporium just in time for Hogswatch but didnt get a chance to meet people properly. But this time we're leaving our two year old with Grandpa and staying nearby for all the late night merryment. Any suggestions or tips from you lovely people? Already excited I am just in heaven at the Emporium and Graeme is a wannabee Assassin. Thanks guys x
Vimesisnottoooldforme

Postby Whos Wee Dug » Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:26 pm

Not as busy or as big as Hogwatch but still a lot of fun, I don't know if there will be any outdoor events this year as I wont make it down. Oh there will be lots of quaffing of certain beverages in places of ill repute Image :mrgreen:
A Midgie in yur hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Whos Wee Dug

Postby BrindisianGirl » Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:11 am

OK, I just had to delurk for this - Spring Fling sounds real fun, I'll be sorry to miss it but I really am kind of broke right now.
I really need to send you an elephant though! And, sorry but I have to ask: what exactly is a "covering letter"? :oops:
BrindisianGirl

Postby Beth » Mon Apr 14, 2014 07:01 am

A cover letter is one that normally accompanies something else whether it be an object or CV etc that explains what you are sending, who you are and what your intention is.
The world is so full of a number of things, I'm sure we should all be as happy as kings.
Beth

Postby BrindisianGirl » Mon Apr 14, 2014 09:18 am

Oh, I get it now. Thanks so much!
I have linguistic defaillances sometimes... :oops:
(OK, often...)
BrindisianGirl

Postby Grace Speaker » Mon Apr 28, 2014 03:11 pm

Does anyone know when the Spring Fling LBE's will be available online?

I wish I could come to the Spring Fling itself, but I'll have to content myself with getting my grubby little hands on some LBE's

P.S. if you're lucky enough to be going, please feel free to post any embarrassing photos :wink:
X-Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett
Grace Speaker

Postby phalarope » Mon Apr 28, 2014 05:00 pm

Grace, you can also request a personal shopper via the Forum, who will purchase however many you want and mail them to you. I have done this in the past, and been a personal shopper for a couple of folks myself. Most everybody can take PayPal these days, and other arrangements for payment can be made. I ususally start a topic in the Stamps thread, or here. (Now that I've sprung for a quantity of Season Tickets, I don't have to worry about completely missing any LBEs :wink: ).
Cheers -
Carol (phalarope)
'The world is full of signals that we don't perceive.' -- Stephen Jay Gould, (1941-2002) paleontologist, evolutionary biologist, science historian

Oysters have 4 lips

phalarope

Postby Murgatroyd » Mon Apr 28, 2014 07:08 pm

I was a tad concerned that I didn't have any elephants.... Then I located a fine shirt with over 1000 elephants on it... That will do nicely!
I can only conclude that I'm paying off Karma at a vastly accelerated rate.
Susan Ivanova. Babylon 5
Murgatroyd

Postby deedees » Mon Apr 28, 2014 08:07 pm

I have 1 and 3/4 of an elephants knitted lol might be able to manage a few more all for auction if you wish
:lol: :D
deedees

Postby Grace Speaker » Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:12 pm

phalarope wrote:Grace, you can also request a personal shopper via the Forum, who will purchase however many you want and mail them to you. I have done this in the past, and been a personal shopper for a couple of folks myself. Most everybody can take PayPal these days, and other arrangements for payment can be made. I ususally start a topic in the Stamps thread, or here. (Now that I've sprung for a quantity of Season Tickets, I don't have to worry about completely missing any LBEs :wink: ).

:thumbl: great idea - last year they made a limited number available at specific times online and I'm hoping they'll do the same this year, but if not I'll be following your advice :wink:
Grace Speaker

Previous

Return to Wincanton Events