Discworld

STOP PRESS:Summer Lady hosts Storytelling at Spring Fling

News of Hogswatch and other events in Wincanton

STOP PRESS:Summer Lady hosts Storytelling at Spring Fling

Postby Periwinkle » Fri Jan 17, 2014 06:26 pm

Using my considerable negotiation skills and a bit of bribery...pleased to announce that the Summer Lady will be hosting the Spring Fling Tales on Friday evening!
We had to talk nicely to the Wintersmith !

I need storytellers for this event - stories must be fae folk or folklore based and no longer than ten minutes - they MUST be submitted to me as soon as possible - you can send them via message on FB or here or by email to elfqueenevents@gmail.com - once I have the stories I can start to get a running order sorted!

Consider this the first request - and anyone who submits theirs by the end of January will win a small prize from the Summer Lady's bountiful cornucopia!
Jacqueline Simpson will be in attendance too and hopefully my guest of honour on the night!

Thanks folks -Periwinkle xx
Ears! What Ears??
Periwinkle

Re: STOP PRESS:Summer Lady hosts Storytelling at Spring Fling

Postby elaineandtony » Sat Apr 05, 2014 09:55 am

Periwinkle,
Finally written my short story, hope you've received it. It is about ten minutes. I'll stop mid sentence if it's longer :)
Elaine
elaineandtony

Postby Periwinkle » Mon Apr 28, 2014 02:34 am

Jacqueline Simpson now confirmed as guest of honour on Friday night. :D
She will be regaling you all with a folk tale or two and thanks to my generous DW mates we have an evening of stories, poems and maybe even a visit from the Cheerful Fairies - so flit along (costumes very optional :wink: ) and enjoy a relaxed and chilled start to the weekend.
Believe its after the meal in the Bear so about 9 I should imagine! These timings are always flexible at the events.
Ears! What Ears??
Periwinkle

Postby Shivers » Mon May 05, 2014 01:45 pm

Had a wonderful time on Friday night, a perfect start to the weekend, thank you so much for organising! And thanks to everyone who read a story too, I enjoyed them all, and of course tech and the cheerful fairies :)

*we believe in the words*
Irish Discworld Convention 2015 - 6th-9th October 2017, Cork International Hotel
News and updates here: http://www.idwcon.orgTwittering on and on here: https://twitter.com/
And book of face here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/518719671644599/
Shivers

Postby elaineandtony » Tue May 06, 2014 09:30 am

Just say No!
elaineandtony

Return to Wincanton Events