Discworld

Tent space for Hogswatch?

News of Hogswatch and other events in Wincanton

Tent space for Hogswatch?

Postby richtea » Sat Nov 15, 2014 01:09 pm

Hello good people
I am a total newby never been to a convention type thingy in my life and am looking forwards hugely to coming along and having a silly time. If only my bus driving collegues were to dress up in medieval costume, life could be so different. Maybe I should suggest it to them.
Anyway, I digress.
I am planning on sticking my tent up for friday and saturday night. I could just plonk it in some random field somewhere if it comes to it, but REALLY what would be nice, would be if I could put it somewhere near other people also attending, maybe in someone's back garden or similar? It would be nice to be able to have a shower too at least once over the weekend.
I would be happy to stump up some appropriate renumeration, or do a stack of washing up or something in return.

My tent is a tiny tiny tiny tiny bivouac thing. (Did you get just how tiny my tent is? Its practically a body condom.)
Also, a lift back to Castle Cary train station or Taunton would be fab too. (late Sunday if poss).

Am I likely to feel like a left-out numpty if I don't dress up?
richtea

Oh Crap; richtea/camping post another addendum

Postby richtea » Sat Nov 15, 2014 01:21 pm

Doh!
Whilst looking for a place to pitch my tent for Friday and Saturday, as well as forgetting to add my email address I also forgot to ask if there was anywhere that I might be able to plonk my rucksack during the day (in return for suitable renumeration, dish washing or similar favours)?

Richard Terry
richtea

Just checked head actually bolted on properly. Yes. That should be it now in terms of pfaffy emailing.
richtea

Re: Tent space for Hogswatch?

Postby Kelshandra » Sat Nov 15, 2014 05:56 pm

As requested, Richard's email is richardterry.alt[at[gmail[dot]com

Can't help you with transport/tent space- the commute from XXXX might be a tad excessive ;) but if you don't want to costume up you won't be odd man out. It isn't compulsory (well not unless something changed!). It is fun though, if you can work out a way.
The Geeky Goblin My irregular crafting inspirations
Currently working on the 2009 and 2016 Yearbooks- 2015 is ready to go!
GNU Terry Pratchett
Kelshandra

Postby SANEAlex » Sat Nov 15, 2014 07:31 pm

IIRC some fans have camped at the racecourse though I suspect more often during the spring event but if you don't get any offers closer in it might be a fall back plan as I think it is a bit of a walk in but doable.

http://www.caravanclub.co.uk/caravanclu ... csid=22015
Someone has to tilt at windmills.
So that we know what to do when the real giants come!!!!
X-Clacks-Overhead: GNU 'nk you Professor Sir“Mr”Terry Pratchett(pTerry)OBE #BlackboardMonitor #TheManInTheHat,Author #GuiltyOfLiterature !!!!
SANEAlex

Postby Ptim » Tue Nov 18, 2014 06:40 pm

Seem to remember a few years ago looking at the racecourse for Hogswatch but it was closed over the winter...worth checking though.
I'm Paranoid and logical...
...THEY are after me and I can prove it!
I'm Paranoid and schizophrenic...
...THEY are after us!
I'm Paranoid and Paranoid...
...THEY just want me to think THEY are after me! ;)
Ptim

Location: near Upminster London, UK, The Roundworld, Space, The Multiverse, Third Reality on the Left

Return to Wincanton Events