Discworld

Hogswatch 2015

News of Hogswatch and other events in Wincanton

Re: Hogswatch 2015

Postby Whos Wee Dug » Mon Jun 29, 2015 08:24 pm

:lol: :lol: Catches out someone every time, you have to be very careful with your wording. :mrgreen:
A Midgie in yur hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Whos Wee Dug

Postby Shivers » Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:57 am

I'm not averse to running it, but I believe Jo in the Bear may have said last time they could make it more 'official', so as long as someone local can double check with the pub that they don't mind us running it rather than them and what our conditions are to have it in the pub then I'm happy to make a poster/recruit vodka makers/write up the disclaimer for anyone going blind...
Irish Discworld Convention 2015 - 6th-9th October 2017, Cork International Hotel
News and updates here: http://www.idwcon.orgTwittering on and on here: https://twitter.com/
And book of face here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/518719671644599/
Shivers

Postby Margi » Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:08 am

Any updates recently?
Margi

Postby squashedladybird » Fri Aug 28, 2015 04:27 pm

I have an awful lot to organise (custard doth not make itself lumpy) if Hogswatch is happening this year. Is it an 'aye' or a 'nae' to the blessed event?
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life
squashedladybird

Postby Lady Nightshade » Mon Aug 31, 2015 02:59 pm

jane yes jane wrote:What about cake. There has to be cake.

Of course there will be cake - well if we all bring some ;)
I have chosen to sparkle today...
Lady Nightshade

Postby squashedladybird » Fri Sep 11, 2015 01:40 pm

chrisboote wrote:As it's NOT Hogswatch, instead of the Hogfather, what if we just have a big Turtle
Anyone who wants can throw a prezzy in, and take a ticket
Later on, there can be some sort of 'present a ticket and get a present' thing
I know it would lose some of the personalisation of the secret hogfather, but as has been said, the less 'hogswatchy'* we make it, the lower key it will be, and the less stress for Bernard, Isobel, Reb & Ian

* Finally, a DW word my spellchecker didn't recognise

I sincerely hope that we will NOT be 'having a big Turtle'. Mock Turtle soup, maybe, but even then I feel it lacks taste...
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life
squashedladybird

Postby Grace Speaker » Fri Sep 11, 2015 01:51 pm

How about a "Secret Sausage-inna-bun" ?
X-Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett
Grace Speaker

Postby phazedout » Fri Sep 11, 2015 05:33 pm

flights booke, in silly o'clock friday morning, out sillier o'clock monday morning will look at car hire options now
[regarding Alan Rickman] He had Tim Curry's ability to save the day by putting literally all the scenery in his mouth and gnawing on it like a deranged woodchuck.
phazedout

Location: Ballina, Mayo the sunny west of Ireland (rimwards of wincanton)

Postby phalarope » Fri Sep 11, 2015 07:05 pm

Will there be an opportunity for those who can't attend to do Secret Sausage-Inna-Bun?* Pity those of us in Forn Parts!

*Looks at Heather with intent.
Cheers -
Carol (phalarope)
'The world is full of signals that we don't perceive.' -- Stephen Jay Gould, (1941-2002) paleontologist, evolutionary biologist, science historian

Oysters have 4 lips

phalarope

Postby Whos Wee Dug » Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:53 pm

Accommodation sorted and flight booked just the Transport to Wincanton to sort out. Berrys coach from Hammersmith. :D
A Midgie in yur hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Whos Wee Dug

Postby chrisboote » Thu Sep 17, 2015 07:06 am

phalarope wrote:Will there be an opportunity for those who can't attend to do Secret Sausage-Inna-Bun?* Pity those of us in Forn Parts!

I'm happy to organise this if no one else is?
Would people prefer the 'traditional' way, with being given a vict... recipient, or a totally random gift giving/receiving?
Reading: Staring at the remains of a dead tree and hallucinating
chrisboote

Postby Grace Speaker » Thu Sep 17, 2015 09:20 am

chrisboote wrote:
phalarope wrote:Will there be an opportunity for those who can't attend to do Secret Sausage-Inna-Bun?* Pity those of us in Forn Parts!

I'm happy to organise this if no one else is?
Would people prefer the 'traditional' way, with being given a vict... recipient, or a totally random gift giving/receiving?
I don't mid either way . . . although random allocation would make it harder to prove 'motive' should there be any fatalities . . . :lol: :wink:
Grace Speaker

Postby DrummerLady » Thu Sep 17, 2015 09:33 am

I wouldn't bother to join in if it was random as I'd have no way of knowing what the recipient wanted and would have to choose something bland or a novelty amusement that is funny for 5 minutes. Likewise, I would probably end up with something that I didn't want and couldn't even use it as the Drummers quiz prize lest the giver be present.

I'd go for the traditional approach. I would be quite fun to do it with a smaller number of people and in a different format since the Hogfather cannot make it this time.
DrummerLady

Postby Grace Speaker » Thu Sep 17, 2015 09:49 am

Update from his Lordship, a.k.a. Mr Stephen Briggs, posted earlier this morning . . .

For clarity - I know we've clarified elsewhere - I am not aware of ANY legal interest in whether there is or isn't a Hogswatch event in Wincanton - nor whether fans do or do not dress as characters in this context. If someone knows otherwise, DM me and I will follow it up.

Chris - as the official organiser of the Secret Sausage-inna-bun, I think this give you the all-clear to dress up as the Hogfather, should the mood take you . . . :wink:
Grace Speaker

Postby chrisboote » Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:25 am

Noooo - nothing Hogswatchy at all, remember ;)
OK, I'll start a thread when I'm back from South Africa
Reading: Staring at the remains of a dead tree and hallucinating
chrisboote

PreviousNext

Return to Wincanton Events