Discworld

Hogswatch 2015

News of Hogswatch and other events in Wincanton

Re: Hogswatch 2015

Postby Murgatroyd » Mon Nov 23, 2015 03:15 pm

DrummerLady wrote:
Murgatroyd wrote:Are we costuming for "Not Hogswatch" this year, or are we going in mufti?

Not as far as I know. My understanding is that it's important that saying we are not having a Discworld event doesn't just mean calling itself something else and then doing Discworld stuff anyway.

Unless someone wanted to organise something with a non-Discworld theme, which could be fun but it's probably too short notice now.

Pirates are always easy, and I'm sure everyone could manage something along those lines? :D
(Seeing as we're running pirate :D )
I can only conclude that I'm paying off Karma at a vastly accelerated rate.
Susan Ivanova. Babylon 5
Murgatroyd

Postby Grace Speaker » Thu Nov 26, 2015 02:17 pm

For anyone looking to drop hints to their significant other about what they want for Hogswatch / Christmas: new in at the Emporium . . . :wink:

X-Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett
Grace Speaker

Postby Margi » Fri Nov 27, 2015 09:01 pm

Ok, I know I'm a bit late asking and I've missed Friday evening, but where and exactly when is everyone gathering and is anything (like a meal?) organised as a group or are we all arranging our own independently? Easy for me because I'm in town anyway. If you've put more details somewhere else, then I've missed it - please point... :? :sunny:
Margi

Postby Grace Speaker » Fri Nov 27, 2015 09:56 pm

Margi wrote:Ok, I know I'm a bit late asking and I've missed Friday evening, but where and exactly when is everyone gathering and is anything (like a meal?) organised as a group or are we all arranging our own independently? Easy for me because I'm in town anyway. If you've put more details somewhere else, then I've missed it - please point... :? :sunny:
Margi - at this time of the evening, they'll no doubt be in the pubs! Wander in to any of them and shout "The Turtle Moves!" and see who answers . . . :wink:
Grace Speaker

Postby Whos Wee Dug » Sat Nov 28, 2015 09:29 pm

Casting aspersions on our characters you are, insisting we are a bunch of drunken reprobates.
A Midgie in yur hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Whos Wee Dug

Postby Grace Speaker » Sat Nov 28, 2015 10:30 pm

Whos Wee Dug wrote:Casting aspersions on our characters you are, insisting we are a bunch of drunken reprobates.
:lol: as Nanny Ogg says "You ain't got nothin' if you don't have a reputation!" :wink:
Grace Speaker

Postby Murgatroyd » Thu Dec 03, 2015 06:42 pm

I'd like to thank the extremely kind Gentleman at the Bear who decided to award two beautiful framed prints as prizes for best costume... Pam got the best female costume, and for some strange reason I was awarded the male prize: A beautiful copy of "The New Start Club" by Paul Kidby. I felt a complete fraud, as I hadn't even changed into costume until after dinner, but Crivens, I accepted the prize nonetheless! (Well, wouldn't you?)
Susan Ivanova. Babylon 5
Murgatroyd

Postby Grace Speaker » Thu Dec 03, 2015 08:23 pm

Murgatroyd wrote:I'd like to thank the extremely kind Gentleman at the Bear who decided to award two beautiful framed prints as prizes for best costume... Pam got the best female costume, and for some strange reason I was awarded the male prize: A beautiful copy of "The New Start Club" by Paul Kidby. I felt a complete fraud, as I hadn't even changed into costume until after dinner, but Crivens, I accepted the prize nonetheless! (Well, wouldn't you?)
Congratulations!! :thumbl:
Couldn't happen to a nicer Igor :thumbr:
Grace Speaker

Postby Murgatroyd » Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:43 pm

Thanks very much!
Talking of unexpected gifts, I also seem to have got home with somebody else's cold.... I'd be glad to return it to sender... but I think it has claimed me for it's own... Bother.
I hope I'm human again in time for the Christmas dinner on Monday!
Susan Ivanova. Babylon 5
Murgatroyd

Previous

Return to Wincanton Events