Discworld

Spring Fling 2016

News of Hogswatch and other events in Wincanton

Re: Spring Fling 2016

Postby Frank the Younger » Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:39 pm

OK who is/is anybody coming on the bank holiday weekend?
Grandad III Frank The Younger :-)
Frank the Younger

Postby phalarope » Mon Feb 01, 2016 03:19 pm

Frank the Younger wrote:OK who is/is anybody coming on the bank holiday weekend?

phalarope :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
Cheers -
Carol (phalarope)
'The world is full of signals that we don't perceive.' -- Stephen Jay Gould, (1941-2002) paleontologist, evolutionary biologist, science historian

Oysters have 4 lips

X-Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett
phalarope

Postby chrisboote » Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:08 pm

A date has been booked, plans are afoot, accommodation is already being booked...

From Davina's fb posting

Here we go gathering Nuts in May, Nuts in May, Nuts in May…..
The Secret Squirrels have been checking all the Nuts and its time we can declare that he 2016 Gathering of the Loonies, (Nuts, Geeks, etc.) Wincanton Chapter - Spring ‘Thing’ will be the Whitsun Bank Holiday. Fri 27th May to Monday 30th May.

Slightly later than usual – but at the start of the Half term Holidays, end of Uni Exams, Warmer! And all the things that usually are on that weekend and might clash are not happening this year. And will be 6 weeks after the mystery date of April 14th that everybody is talking about, but know little about.

As was for the Xmas Bash, we have a few things lined up already, but there are gaps in the program, so if you have any ideas or suggestions of things to do, shout out and if we can make them happen , we will….

Come joins us and show your inner Geek – (being you Trekky – Whoovian – Discworld Fan whatever you like).

In the next week to two we will have more info and can tell you the provisional items that are already lined up, (we are chasing one bit of info for something on the Saturday afternoon, so watch this space…)
Reading: Staring at the remains of a dead tree and hallucinating
chrisboote

Postby phalarope » Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:24 pm

Well, drat! I'll be back in the USA. :(

OTOH, gives me more flexibility about when to visit Wincanton when I AM there. (lemonade :wink: )
Cheers -
Carol (phalarope)
'The world is full of signals that we don't perceive.' -- Stephen Jay Gould, (1941-2002) paleontologist, evolutionary biologist, science historian

Oysters have 4 lips

X-Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett
phalarope

Postby Frank the Younger » Sat Feb 06, 2016 11:55 am

chrisboote wrote:A date has been booked, plans are afoot, accommodation is already being booked...

From Davina's fb posting

Here we go gathering Nuts in May, Nuts in May, Nuts in May…..
The Secret Squirrels have been checking all the Nuts and its time we can declare that he 2016 Gathering of the Loonies, (Nuts, Geeks, etc.) Wincanton Chapter - Spring ‘Thing’ will be the Whitsun Bank Holiday. Fri 27th May to Monday 30th May.

Shame they seem to be ignoring this forum and only using Facebook <fx spits>.
Grandad III Frank The Younger :-)
Frank the Younger

Postby DrummerLady » Sat Feb 06, 2016 12:43 pm

Frank the Younger wrote:Shame they seem to be ignoring this forum and only using Facebook <fx spits>.

I use this forum and Facebook to promote Drummers and it does get draining. I neglect the website (reading this prompted me to check and realised that it needed amending) as a result. These days I get more responses via Facebook than here. I don't like it much but it is a brilliant tool for publicity.

The people organising the event have jobs and families and other things in their lives. The word always gets round, hence Chris posting it here.
DrummerLady

Postby steeljam » Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:36 pm

Frank the Younger wrote:
chrisboote wrote:A date has been booked, plans are afoot, accommodation is already being booked...
From Davina's fb posting

Shame they seem to be ignoring this forum and only using Facebook <fx spits>.
This doesn't have to be the only date.
We could hold a get-together of Flatalists on a different date and maybe agree the release of a LBE to mark the occasion.
I, for one, would prefer to avoid the half-term period.
Flickr Photos : DW Events : Discworld Stamp Catalogue : Motorcycle diaries
Register your birthday on the forum
X-Clacks-Overhead GNU Terry Pratchett
steeljam
Monitor

Previous

Return to Wincanton Events