Discworld

Anyone managed to book yet?

Announcements & information regarding the Discworld Conventions.

Re: Anyone managed to book yet?

Postby phazedout » Thu Jul 13, 2017 09:58 am

Nonny Mouse wrote:Get on the wait list, lots of people drop.

If all else fails, come anyway and hang out in the bar, and then scamper around Derbyshire with me after :)

Edit: I'm dead serious, I'd love to show you the awesome things I"ve found up there.

That could be tricky unless Carol books the Spa....

https://2018.dwcon.org/faqs/membership/ ... embership/
[regarding Alan Rickman] He had Tim Curry's ability to save the day by putting literally all the scenery in his mouth and gnawing on it like a deranged woodchuck.
phazedout

Location: Ballina, Mayo the sunny west of Ireland (rimwards of wincanton)

Postby phalarope » Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:51 am

I'm thinking mid-May to mid-June if I don't get a Con membership. Would be delighted to visit Castle Harkin. :D :bounce: Also trying to figure out how to get to Spurn without a car ..... :? Not sure I'm ready to drive on the left in unfamiliar territory. Will find myself turning the wrong way on a roundabout.... :roll:
Cheers -
Carol (phalarope)
'The world is full of signals that we don't perceive.' -- Stephen Jay Gould, (1941-2002) paleontologist, evolutionary biologist, science historian

Oysters have 4 lips

X-Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett
phalarope

Postby Nonny Mouse » Fri Jul 14, 2017 04:34 am

phalarope wrote:I'm thinking mid-May to mid-June if I don't get a Con membership. Would be delighted to visit Castle Harkin. :D :bounce: Also trying to figure out how to get to Spurn without a car ..... :? Not sure I'm ready to drive on the left in unfamiliar territory. Will find myself turning the wrong way on a roundabout.... :roll:

I've actually managed pretty well with public transportation. I love trains and the buses aren't bad.
Outmaneuvered on all counts, I opt to change the rules.
- Never Cry Wolf
Nonny Mouse

Previous

Return to Discworld Convention