Discworld

DWCon 2018

Announcements & information regarding the Discworld Conventions.

Re: DWCon 2018

Postby Nonny Mouse » Thu Aug 09, 2018 05:49 pm

Hear hear! :sunny:
Outmaneuvered on all counts, I opt to change the rules.
- Never Cry Wolf
Nonny Mouse

Postby Penners » Fri Aug 10, 2018 08:35 am

chrisboote wrote:I usually wait a week before commenting, just so any minor delights and niggles fade to nothing, and only the big things remain

But this time, why wait

I didn't bother going to the ConCom "So you think you can do better" this year because ...
No
I couldn't
Nobody could

The only negatives (heat, humidity, inexperienced bar staff, limited breakfast items, giant fire-breathing hornets of doom) were nothing concom could have fixed (well, the sight of Jelmer Graafstra hoovering up a GF-BHoD will last for the rest of my life) and everything within their control was bloody fantastic!

From rewriting the entire Saturday program to avoid some 'big ticket' clashes, to putting on the smoothest, best organised, best menu-ed, gala dinner I've seen in 22 years of DW conventions, everything they did was perfect

I have so much love and respect for them all

You took the words right out of my mouth. :D
“In theory it was, around now, Literature. Susan hated Literature. She'd much prefer to read a good book.”
Penners

Postby Librarians Apprentice » Tue Aug 14, 2018 07:53 am

Oook!

Chris, you are a poet!

ConCom really did an amazing job - from the enactment of the Opening Ceremony to the nomination of the new Chair, they were amazing.

Even though I was robbed at the Maskerade; I mean no offence to the three who won in my category, but I was bloody BRILLIANT - I made my amazing costume from scratch and not only got the whole audience to sing along, but also got overwhelming applause afterwards!
after_maskerade_1_s.jpg
IMG-20180224-WA0003.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
What ape? Oook! :book:
X-Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett
Librarians Apprentice

Previous

Return to Discworld Convention