Discworld

Discworld QI - a 2012 Convention CERTAINTY!!!!! Discuss...

Announcements & information regarding the Discworld Conventions.

Re: Discworld QI - a 2012 Convention possibility? Discuss...

Postby Jan Van Kverm » Wed Jun 27, 2012 09:35 pm

Thanks for the scoring clarify Chris - been a while since I watched it TBH :oops: That sounds much more workable anyway :)

Yes you're still Alan unless you and Pat want to swap? - the Stephen part can also be chief elf of course :wink:

mailing Eelco about the guests now :thumbl:
Jan Van Kverm

Postby Jan Van Kverm » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:36 pm

Jan Van Kverm on the other place wrote:Just heard back from Eelco re the guests - he's not able to let us know who they are until he's got them signed up, BUT he wants to recruit some QI Elves NOW to help at the Convention so he's sure that it'll all be achievable...

...so! If you're going to the Convention do you fancy volunteering to help with getting Discworld QI set up and running?!!!!!.

We have Chris and Pat on board as the 'resident' panellist and quiz master respectively and we'll be keeping to the QI format more or less, so the Elves are going to be the backroom peeps helping with setting the questions and other bits and pieces.

I've asked engineeringsimon (TP board) if he'll help out with a suitably arranged Discworld QI theme tune, so that's one bit sorted, but there's all kinds of other things to consider like General Ignorance and the panellists buzzers - stuff like that. Could be a lot of fun :D

Update - 2 volunteers from the TP board so with me that's 3 'not on stage' Elves so far :D

It has also occurred to us that of course Discworld QI Elves almost by definition can be of the nasssty persuasion . . . Image - something to keep you out of the bar and doing something constructive/destructive during the day anyhoo finding rude sounds for the buzzers perhaps? :wink:
Jan Van Kverm

Postby Jan Van Kverm » Sun Jul 01, 2012 02:16 pm

OK Chaps - as of yesterday Discworld QI is officially on the programme for the convention
and accordingly this thread will become a kind of drop in centre for the definitely signed up Discworld QI Elves who, atm are -

myself
Who's Wee Dug
Sjoerd
michelanCello
engineeringsimon (musical director)
Dotsie and

Chris Boote who is going to be our Stephen Fry/quiz master.

Pat is now playing the Alan Davies/panellist part in view of his other convention obligations (atm Discworld QI is probably going to be fixed for the early evening programme on Saturday)

If you want to contribute to the format we'll be working on pre-convention with specific ideas for questions etc can you please PM me rather than post in here as the Monks of Cool don't want everything going on in the open too much from this point, although the programme will be out soon on the convention web site :dance:

If you would like to be an Elf (whether or not you're going to the convention) you're still more than welcome to join us - again just PM me and I'll add you to the mailgroup we've set up :mrgreen:
Jan Van Kverm

Re: Discworld QI - a 2012 Convention CERTAINTY!!!!! Discuss...

Postby rentawitch » Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:26 am

why doesn't someone ask Stephen Fry if he could pop along and host?
:)
I know Mr Boote has the cheek!
As we journey through life, discarding baggage along the way, we should keep an iron grip, to the very end, on the capacity for silliness.

Saufen fur Frieden auf Erden

I love my computer, all my friends live in it. :)
rentawitch

Postby Jan Van Kverm » Mon Jul 02, 2012 01:20 pm

Don't think we haven't thought about it :P but the Monks of Cool have asked us to keep this strictly as 'fan-organised' - also I think the committee might not have the wherewithal to lure Mr Fry into an appearance... :meow:
Jan Van Kverm

Postby Jan Van Kverm » Sat Jul 28, 2012 01:02 pm

Long time, no post :lol:

Well things are ticking along now and we're starting to put together some visuals for the show which is now called 'Strangely Fascinating'.

CLICK HERE to have an advance preview of our opening titles sequence and 3 contenders for our theme tune - if you're a member on the TP forum you can also vote for your favourite tune as we can't make our minds up... :oops: :D
Jan Van Kverm

Postby Shivers » Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:41 pm

I can't believe I've never signed up for the Terry Pratchett boards before :oops:

Love the tunes!
Irish Discworld Convention 2015 - 6th-9th October 2017, Cork International Hotel
News and updates here: http://www.idwcon.orgTwittering on and on here: https://twitter.com/
And book of face here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/518719671644599/
Shivers

Postby Jan Van Kverm » Tue Jul 31, 2012 03:39 pm

Well it's all musical credits to engineeringsimon (and to michelanCello for one of them - UU theme) - they're both really clever musicians :D
Jan Van Kverm

Previous

Return to Discworld Convention