Discworld

UA Cards on Amazon

Discussion and news on the ranges of Discworld picture trading cards.

UA Cards on Amazon

Postby steeljam » Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:02 pm

UA Cards soon to be on Amazon with special stamp.
See Bernard's Post here
Flickr Photos : DW Events : Discworld Stamp Catalogue : Motorcycle diaries
Register your birthday on the forum
X-Clacks-Overhead GNU Terry Pratchett
steeljam
Monitor

Re: UA Cards on Amazon

Postby Muba » Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:25 pm

Interesting

I'm not a fan of the trading cards but the 7p baccy tax interests me
You are welcome at The Discworld Stamp Collector on FaceBook and The Discworld Stamp Collector web site which has in-depth reviews of some issues and collectable items.
Muba

Website Announcements - No Digressions Please.

Postby Muba » Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:53 pm

steeljam wrote:UA Cards soon to be on Amazon with special stamp.
See Bernard's Post here

Bernard the Stout wrote: ..... I shall be a stranger to the dumpling ....

I had to re-read that. Ithought he said "..... I shall be a stranger than the dumpling ... "
You are welcome at The Discworld Stamp Collector on FaceBook and The Discworld Stamp Collector web site which has in-depth reviews of some issues and collectable items.
Muba

Postby jonty » Tue Oct 27, 2009 02:52 am

Unfortunately they are not available for sale until the 30th :( (as per facebook)
.Life is a sexually transmitted disease and there is a 100% mortality rate. ~R.D. Laing
jonty

Re: Website Announcements - No Digressions Please.

Postby nevermind » Tue Oct 27, 2009 08:48 am

Bernard should sell a stamp album on Amazon with a packet of back issue commons as a starter kit.. and a mystery LBE

New blood and all that.... of course everybody here would buy, just to have one.

Damn... what am I saying :?

However, it looks like Amazon can accomodate all the Discworld Emporium goodies that Bernard and Isobel can think of.... from the sub heading, a bit misplaced in Kitchen & Home, I would have thought.
nevermind

Postby unohoo » Tue Oct 27, 2009 06:17 pm

Wishing we hadn't ordered the cards with our last order now.
Hopefully, we'll have a chance of the 7p duty stamp, without having to buy another set of cards.
unohoo

Postby Muba » Tue Oct 27, 2009 09:03 pm

Thinking about this stamp, I'm a little disappointed that it seems I'll have to buy the cards that I don't want in order to get the little extra that I do. The stamp is more suited to being available to Journal subscribers in my opinion.
Muba

Postby sailor return » Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:55 pm

Muba wrote: The stamp is more suited to being available to Journal subscribers in my opinion.

I concur, having already purchased the set :cry:
Growing old is compulsory: Growing up is optional !!l
X-Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett
sailor return

Postby Squigglyx » Wed Oct 28, 2009 09:36 pm

I was hoping the cards would be availbale free with orders in the same way the other card sets were...

Come to think of it, I didn't get any with my last couple of orders :(

Just Giving Link
Liverpool to Leeds Canal
Ride in aid of Cancer Research
Squigglyx

Postby jonty » Fri Oct 30, 2009 05:31 am

They are now up for sale on Amazon, £12.99 for the set of cards and the album, plus the freebie tobbaco stamp.

Even though I had already bought a set from the shop, bought this also, not only for the free stamp, but so that I can have a complete album (cards stuck in ) and also a mint set and a mint album for my collection.

sad innitt :?
.Life is a sexually transmitted disease and there is a 100% mortality rate. ~R.D. Laing
jonty

Postby AshloreDarkShadow » Fri Oct 30, 2009 08:27 am

Cheers for the update -

Stamp and the missing cards sounds good :D
AshloreDarkShadow

Postby Ponders Apprentice » Fri Oct 30, 2009 04:28 pm

jonty wrote:Even though I had already bought a set from the shop, bought this also, not only for the free stamp, but so that I can have a complete album (cards stuck in ) and also a mint set and a mint album for my collection.

sad innitt :?

Quite normal I'd say - and the completed album will be quite rare because of the Waterstones specials.

All 4 of the Waterstones cards will be rarities in years to come as (it seems reasonable to assume) many could well stay fixed in the back of the books bought by non-collectors. This being the case I would guard against sticking them into the album with a permanent glue as this will devalue them straight way (not recommended when they have effectively cost £12.99 + a free book).

The best way I've been able to come up with so far is to remove the "non-sticky" part of a block of small Post-its and then glue the strips into the album with the sticky side up. They should then anchor each card into place but still allow them to be removed in future without causing any damage to the cards.
Ponders Apprentice

Postby Whos Wee Dug » Fri Oct 30, 2009 05:57 pm

I am a bit confused here is the Waterstones four cards that came with the book included, or is it just the two of Bernard and Paul same as some of the early packs from the shop. :?
A Midgie in yur hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Whos Wee Dug

Postby Joolz » Fri Oct 30, 2009 07:51 pm

Who's Wee Dug wrote:I am a bit confused here is the Waterstones four cards that came with the book included, or is it just the two of Bernard and Paul same as some of the early packs from the shop. :?
The listing on Amazon seems pretty clear that it only includes the base set of 20 cards plus the two (Bernard 'The Bolt' Pearson and Paul 'The Other One' Kidby) that are primarily available as an extra if you buy the hardback edition of UA from the Emporium (although some people got them by mistake in their packs of cards at the UA launch event as explained by Isobel and I think some people found them in LBEs). There’s no mention of the Waterstone’s cards in the Amazon listing. Maybe Jonty simply has two sets of the Waterstone’s cards already from buying two copies of the hardback edition of UA which included them from Waterstone’s.
Joolz

Postby Fi » Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:17 pm

Ponder's Apprentice wrote:The best way I've been able to come up with so far is to remove the "non-sticky" part of a block of small Post-its and then glue the strips into the album with the sticky side up. They should then anchor each card into place but still allow them to be removed in future without causing any damage to the cards.

NOOOO!!!! Buy some photo corners!! They're little see through bits of plastic, sticky on one side and with a little sleevey bit to put the corner of the card in. You stick one in each corner of the space left in the album for a card and then place the card in. Actually its a lot fiddlier than that but very theraputic.
Fi

Next

Return to Picture Cards