Discworld

UA Cards on Amazon

Discussion and news on the ranges of Discworld picture trading cards.

Re: UA Cards on Amazon

Postby Muba » Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:32 pm

If anybody buying from Amazon doesn't want the Duty stamp perhaps we can do a deal

I've got a pile of the other trading cards (no full sets) so I may be able to fill any gaps

Please pm me
You are welcome at The Discworld Stamp Collector on FaceBook and The Discworld Stamp Collector web site which has in-depth reviews of some issues and collectable items.
Muba

Postby Pete_of_the_bourne » Sat Oct 31, 2009 01:03 am

1 new and used from £12.99 available.....

Not anymore :)

they didn't last long did they? Whoop!
"I see" said the blind man. "It smells a funny colour"
Maker of "the pie"
so say we all!
Pete_of_the_bourne

Postby steeljam » Sat Oct 31, 2009 08:34 am

Fi wrote:
Ponder's Apprentice wrote:The best way I've been able to come up with so far is to remove the "non-sticky" part of a block of small Post-its and then glue the strips into the album with the sticky side up. They should then anchor each card into place but still allow them to be removed in future without causing any damage to the cards.

NOOOO!!!! Buy some photo corners!! They're little see through bits of plastic, sticky on one side and with a little sleevey bit to put the corner of the card in. You stick one in each corner of the space left in the album for a card and then place the card in. Actually its a lot fiddlier than that but very theraputic.

Only two photo corners are needed, diagonally opposite each other.
The easiest way to afix the cards is to remove the backing from the corners and position them on the card to be mounted. Hold the corners in place using the thumb with one corner and the index finger for the other. Press firmly onto the page.
Flickr Photos : DW Events : Discworld Stamp Catalogue : Motorcycle diaries
Register your birthday on the forum
X-Clacks-Overhead GNU Terry Pratchett
steeljam
Monitor

Postby Ponders Apprentice » Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:11 am

Fi wrote:
Ponder's Apprentice wrote:The best way I've been able to come up with so far is to remove the "non-sticky" part of a block of small Post-its and then glue the strips into the album with the sticky side up. They should then anchor each card into place but still allow them to be removed in future without causing any damage to the cards.

NOOOO!!!! Buy some photo corners!! They're little see through bits of plastic, sticky on one side and with a little sleevey bit to put the corner of the card in. You stick one in each corner of the space left in the album for a card and then place the card in. Actually its a lot fiddlier than that but very theraputic.

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! :o There are 2 main problems with photo corners (apart from them being very fiddly to use):-

a) They will result in pressure creases across the corners of the cards which, over time, can become quite marked (the album will also feel more lumpy than it needs to)

b) The process of inserting the cards will damage many of their crisp corners and, in some cases, can actually crease the cards quite badly - especially when trying on insert a card that backs onto one on the preceding page.

Ideally, any potential cause of wear & tear should be avoided if at all possible - and especially when it comes to the Waterstones "Luggage" card.
Ponders Apprentice

Postby annebn » Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:20 am

Just found out the cards from amazon can't be shipped abroad. Why on earth is that, when they come from the Artificers, who otherwise never have any problems doing that, and things directly from amazon are no problem either?
Humans are always slightly lost. It's a basic characteristic. It explains a lot about them
-Terry Pratchett, Lord and ladies
annebn

Postby Bernard the Stout » Mon Nov 02, 2009 05:32 pm

Sending to Foreign Parts.

There will be a way. We are talking with Amazon and working out a solution.
fear not.
b
Bernard the Stout
Cunning Artificer

Postby simone » Mon Nov 02, 2009 09:02 pm

annebn wrote:Just found out the cards from amazon can't be shipped abroad. Why on earth is that, when they come from the Artificers, who otherwise never have any problems doing that, and things directly from amazon are no problem either?

Thanks for that Anne- i was just about to order a set. i have purchased CDs and DVDs from Amazon UK, so what is so hard about sending some cards- 41 does it all the time! :? :roll:
In wine there is wisdom, In beer there is freedom, In water there is bacteria.
simone

Postby Chip » Sun Nov 22, 2009 02:52 am

Bernard the Stout wrote:Sending to Foreign Parts.

There will be a way. We are talking with Amazon and working out a solution.
fear not.
b

Still not shipping abroad. :(
Chip

Postby annebn » Sun Nov 22, 2009 09:08 am

The way around it I found was to have a friendly Forum member buy it and send it on. You know who you are, thank you once again! :D
Humans are always slightly lost. It's a basic characteristic. It explains a lot about them
-Terry Pratchett, Lord and ladies
annebn

Postby AshloreDarkShadow » Sun Nov 22, 2009 07:46 pm

Fi wrote:

Glue them in :!: :wink:
AshloreDarkShadow

Previous

Return to Picture Cards