Discworld

Help please! UA cards

Discussion and news on the ranges of Discworld picture trading cards.

Re: Help please! UA cards

Postby Skaven » Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:33 pm

What Steve is saying is to get them for you because you like them.There are still alot of them about so they aren't really something you'd buy to sell on at a profit.

As to putting them in the album, thats up to you.
New trades
Still got those pesky gaps to fill? See if I have what your looking for in My Stamp Trades
Missing that certain edge? Why not see if I can help you obtain it with My Corner Trades
Skaven

Postby Ponders Apprentice » Thu Feb 10, 2011 03:50 pm

Perhaps this is another way of looking at this question...

It is probably unlikely that (in the future) there will be a huge demand from Book Collectors wanting a copy of UA with the unopened packet of promotional cards inside. It is therefore very much up to the owner to decide whether to remove the freebie cards and make use of/sell them.

From a Card Collecting standpoint it is generally accepted that to stick cards into an album will immediately devalue them by a factor of at least 50%. Moreover, a partially completed album will be worth significantly less than the potential value of a complete one. If you wish to buy the special album to collect and house all of the cards it would be purely your choice as a Discworld Fan. Unless you want to do this for your enjoyment I would suggest that simply keeping the unopened packet of Waterstones cards in a safe place would probably be a reasonable option.

By and large the card collecting world did not take the UA cards very seriously and as a result, as far as I am aware, they are unlikely to ever appear in the Cartophilic reference books - hence very few new card collectors will know about them. Consequently the greatest demand for them in the future will be from DW fans.
Ponders Apprentice

Postby archerinwood » Thu Feb 10, 2011 05:02 pm

thanks for the help
I will be playing Thenardier at the Theatre royal in Margate, Kent from 24th July to 28th. If you are in the area at the time please click the link to get more info:
http://www.theatreroyalmargate.com/~the ... %2Fles-misérables

Thanks
archerinwood

Previous

Return to Picture Cards