Discworld

The 'Tell us about yourself" Thread - *NO DIGRESSIONS!*

Somewhere to say hello, draw up a chair and join us by the fire...

Re: The 'Tell us about yourself" Thread - *NO DIGRESSIONS!*

Postby pratwithmirrors » Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:06 pm

Soo, name's Marita and I'm hailing you all from Greece. Which is a bad place to be when you are a fan of Discworld because, well, it's the country where Nothing Happens and kingdom of No One Reads. I'm eighteen and not very interesting on the internet I'm afraid :P But I'm still looking forward to talking to you :)
pratwithmirrors

Postby mestrTom » Fri Oct 28, 2011 05:25 pm

I'm 32 yo I'm a French writer of fantasy and director of a french e-newspaper about fantasy.My favorite discworld character is DEATH and favorite book "Thief of time".The character i like the less is Rincewind and my less favorite book is "Interresting Times"
mestrTom

Hi to all

Postby kip64 » Mon Nov 14, 2011 04:22 pm

Just to say hi to all that know us, which should be a few!
Sheri and I will hopefully come over to see you at the Broken Drum during Hogswatch.
We do miss you guys and I particularly miss my chats with Bernard - Hope you are all well.
Mark & Sheri - formerly of the Broken Drum
kip64

Postby jaeger » Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:09 pm

Just a swift hello,

Transworld refugee.

Nice to be here with a second string to the bow. Look forward to reading and catching up on the boards and meeting/getting to know you all in the threads :)

I'll edit a bit more info into this post at a later time :thumbr:
jaeger

Hello

Postby parrymonty » Tue Dec 13, 2011 08:13 pm

Well I best say hello to all, new to this new to forums . :)
parrymonty

Postby TungstenGT » Sat Dec 17, 2011 07:21 am

Hello all!
I am 44, and live in the SouthEast of the USA, in Birmingham, AL. I was introduced to Pratchett by my wife who had read many of his Discworld books before I met her. I tried in vain to get into TP from some of the books that she had left over, since she spoke so highly of the novels. It just wasn't registering with me, and I would put them down soon after reading a few pages. A few years ago, she bought the movie, HOGFATHER, and I watched it with her. I was impressed with the movie, and thought I would give that book a chance. I read it and fell in love with TP's style. Soon after finishing that, I bought The Colour of Magic, and devoured it. Ever since I have been reading all his books in published order. I am currently up to Night Watch. I am a huge fan of his books and look forward to each one when I get finished with the previous. :thumbl:
TungstenGT

Postby DiGiTAL ZOMBiE » Tue Dec 27, 2011 06:48 pm

Hey there :]

My names Cez, a proud geek/video game environment artist from the UK. My dad introduced me to Discworld when i was a wee nipper and I've loved it ever since. My favorite character has to be.....

Rob Anybody! and my favorite book...hmmm, Witches Abroad, Gytha Ogg is a legend in her own lunch time.

P.s, Do any of you remember the excellent Discworld point and click adventure games of ages past? ^^ I'd love for someone to take up the licence again! :thumbr:
DiGiTAL ZOMBiE

Postby CupcakeInsanity » Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:15 am

Hi,
I am a 24yr old stay at home mum. I live in Chippenham, Wiltshire.
I absolutely love the discworld series although admittedley I am still reading my way through the series as I only discover it properly a few years ago.
I have also just started collecting the discworld stamps.
My husband is a huge Discworld fan which is how I discovered the books.
CupcakeInsanity

Postby Beth » Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:38 am

I just thought I'd let everyone know that I'm still exactly who I was barring the usual disintegration, new cells...that sort of thing. Since I "told you about myself" though I've moved from New Delhi to Godalming in Surrey which just means I'm handier to add my two cents to any debauches on hand.
The world is so full of a number of things, I'm sure we should all be as happy as kings.
Beth

Postby sdehon » Tue Feb 07, 2012 08:18 pm

Hi I'm steve and live in new milton hampshire, I,'m 41 this month and love terry pratchett books and collectables
sdehon

Postby Athnam » Sat Feb 18, 2012 01:46 am

Hey, I'm Sam. Just joined and figured this was a good place to start...

I'm 21, from Norwich in England. I study English Lit at uni, but spend my free time reading proper books. My favourite one by TP is either Hogfather or Good Omens, depends what mood I'm in. Other hobbies include stealing next door's cat, cooking and cinema-ing. Also tutor children as a part-time job and worry that my grandfather will send a skeletal rat to my workplace.
Athnam

Postby Random » Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:22 pm

Hi. My name is Random and I'm from Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA. I'm 36 and have been a Pratchett fan for 15 years or so. I'm here to try to make a few stamp connections to start with. I currently have 0 in my collection, give or take take +0 or -0.

BTW, it's really difficult for me to not digress when talking about myself... :book:

See you on the boards.
Random

Postby Wizzard » Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:23 pm

Hi!

I'm Rutger, 32 years old and I live in The Netherlands (in 's-Hertogenbosch). I work as a Rail Traffic Controller for the Dutch railways.

My first Discworld book was The Fifth Elephant. It was a bit confusing, because I obviously missed a lot of the inside jokes. So after that I started with the first book and after a few years I've almost reached the end (including extras like The Science of Discworld). It has become an addiction that I like very much. :D

Since I've read Going Postal, I wondered if some of the cool stamps featured in the book would have been produced for the fans to collect. I couldn't have guessed that there would be so many stamps (and collectors). It's a nice spin-off and I'm enjoying it very much! :thumbl:

Rutger
Wizzard

Postby SusanSto-Helit » Thu Jul 05, 2012 01:33 pm

Hi everyone!!

I'm Rachel, 28 years old and I live in Reigate in Surrey UK. At the moment I'm a full time mum, but once the kids are all at school I'll be going back to college and then University.

I normally read "chick-lit" books and "teen" books like Twilight and the House of Night series. But my husband told me a bit about the Discworld books so I read Colour of Magic and was hooked!!! I'm slowly (due to lack of time to read and lack of money to buy new books!!) working my way through them, and am currently on Guards! Guards!. I think my favourite so far has to be Guards! Guards!, I'm finding it very funny!

I am going to my first Discworld convention this August with my husband and will be going as my favourite character (if you hadn't guessed from my screen-name, it's Susan Sto-Helit). Hubby is going as Death and I've been making his costume which has been really fun!!!

Look forward to chatting with you all

Rachel x
SusanSto-Helit

Postby Marije » Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:06 am

Hello,

My name is Marije, I am from Leiden, the Netherlands. My husband and I visited the Disc World Emporium Shop last week and now I think it is time to register to this forum.

I am a trainnee Pathology at Rotterdam Erasmus Medical centre, were I first will finish my PhD on Prostate Cancer and then need anonther 5 years to really become a pathologist.

My husband introduced me 9 years ago to the first discworld novel and since then we read all of them, often several times.
I really like the Nac Mac Feegles.

In the back or our car is a shopping bag full of stuff bought in the shop, waiting to be openeed, read, painted, hung on a wall, etcetera.
And with this, I think there is not much else to write...
Any questions? Please ask.
Marije

PreviousNext

Return to The Welcome Mat