Discworld

The 'Tell us about yourself" Thread - *NO DIGRESSIONS!*

Somewhere to say hello, draw up a chair and join us by the fire...

Re: The 'Tell us about yourself" Thread - *NO DIGRESSIONS!*

Postby phalarope » Tue Jun 17, 2014 07:36 pm

Welcome Gary - absolutely yes, many of us here and there despise Faceborg and all it's kin.
Cheers -
Carol (phalarope)
'The world is full of signals that we don't perceive.' -- Stephen Jay Gould, (1941-2002) paleontologist, evolutionary biologist, science historian

Oysters have 4 lips

X-Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett
phalarope

Postby Grace Speaker » Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:03 pm

Whos Wee Dug wrote:In a word yes, and there is also a very active one here. http://www.terrypratchett.co.uk/forum/index.php :mrgreen:

Aha ! So that's where you all bugger off to when it goes quiet here from time to time! :roll:
Grace Speaker

Postby Whos Wee Dug » Sun Jun 22, 2014 10:07 pm

Grace Speaker wrote:
Whos Wee Dug wrote:In a word yes, and there is also a very active one here. http://www.terrypratchett.co.uk/forum/index.php :mrgreen:

Aha ! So that's where you all bugger off to when it goes quiet here from time to time! :roll:

YEST!! :lol: and there is a few others from here from here who pop over from time to time, names are not mentioned to protect the innocent. :wink: :mrgreen:
A Midgie in yur hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Whos Wee Dug

Postby Basement » Mon Jun 23, 2014 08:27 am

Whos Wee Dug wrote:
Grace Speaker wrote:

YEST!! :lol: and there is a few others from here from here who pop over from time to time, names are not mentioned to protect the innocent. :wink: :mrgreen:

*being wary that we have digressed and that Mods with sharp sticks are around*

Innocent???!?!?!?!?!???!?????

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!11!!!!1!
GNU Terry Pratchett
Basement

Postby Darren » Mon Jun 23, 2014 08:59 am

Indeed :twisted:
Grumpy old mod.
Darren

Postby Badgerwilde » Fri Jul 04, 2014 07:55 pm

Hi!

I've finally got here !! :D

I'm the same as every one of you who loves discworld and it has been an integral part of my life from a young adult till now.

I've registered as it's a little more into the world that I love and because i'm finally visiting the shop in Wincanton for my 40th birthday!! :D

Birthday is on Sunday and visit booked for tuesday...and i'm more excited about the visit than anything else ;) :bounce: :bounce:

Looking forward to spending some time mooching about on here till then :D
Badgerwilde

Postby Grace Speaker » Sat Jul 05, 2014 08:16 am

Hi Badgerwilde, nice to 'meet' you and Happy Birthday for tomorrow! :sunny: Sounds like you have a great weekend planned - just don't forget that Wednesday is a very special LBE day :wink:
Grace Speaker

Postby Badgerwilde » Mon Jul 07, 2014 03:53 pm

Grace Speaker wrote:Hi Badgerwilde, nice to 'meet' you and Happy Birthday for tomorrow! :sunny: Sounds like you have a great weekend planned - just don't forget that Wednesday is a very special LBE day :wink:

Great weekend indeed :D

What's an LBE?
Badgerwilde

Postby Grace Speaker » Mon Jul 07, 2014 05:48 pm

Badgerwilde wrote:
Grace Speaker wrote:Hi Badgerwilde, nice to 'meet' you and Happy Birthday for tomorrow! :sunny: Sounds like you have a great weekend planned - just don't forget that Wednesday is a very special LBE day :wink:

What's an LBE?

They are 'Little Brown Envelopes' and as it's the 10th anniversary of Going Postal, this Wednesday's LBE's are extra, extra special - check out the 10th anniversary LBE and commemorative sheet on the new products page and the forum posts from Ian and Bernard themselves: "Ten bloom in' years" + "Ten years of you sods" :lol: :D
Grace Speaker

Postby Badgerwilde » Tue Jul 08, 2014 07:05 pm

Grace Speaker wrote:
Badgerwilde wrote:

What's an LBE?

They are 'Little Brown Envelopes' and as it's the 10th anniversary of Going Postal, this Wednesday's LBE's are extra, extra special - check out the 10th anniversary LBE and commemorative sheet on the new products page and the forum posts from Ian and Bernard themselves: "Ten bloom in' years" + "Ten years of you sods" :lol: :D

Ahh thank you for clearing that up Grace :D

I've ordered a LBE 6 edition thingy...i think that means i get the next 6 editions delivered without having to fight my way through? Who knows but it's a start into something new!!
Badgerwilde

Postby Grace Speaker » Tue Jul 08, 2014 07:24 pm

Badgerwilde wrote:Ahh thank you for clearing that up Grace :D

I've ordered a LBE 6 edition thingy...i think that means i get the next 6 editions delivered without having to fight my way through? Who knows but it's a start into something new!!

:D It's surprising how easy it is to get hooked on these glorious little things - I was hooked the first time I found a sport in an LBE :wink: Hope you had fun in the shop?
Grace Speaker

Postby steeljam » Tue Jul 08, 2014 08:13 pm

Tap! Tap! Tap!
Please not the thread subject *NO DIGRESSIONS!*
Flickr Photos : DW Events : Discworld Stamp Catalogue : Motorcycle diaries
Register your birthday on the forum
X-Clacks-Overhead GNU Terry Pratchett
steeljam
Monitor

Postby Grace Speaker » Tue Jul 08, 2014 08:34 pm

steeljam wrote:Tap! Tap! Tap!
Please not the thread subject *NO DIGRESSIONS!*

Sorry Sir, won't happen again Sir :wink:
Grace Speaker

Postby Drayax » Wed Jul 09, 2014 08:00 pm

Finally getting round to posting on this thread.

I'm David, a 27 year old welder and general metal worker from Essex and I've been reading discworld since my mum bought me the Fifth Elephant when I was 13. Was hooked ever since. Unfortunately it took me nearly ten years after their inception to cotton on to the fact that discworld stamps existed, landed on the emporium website completely by accident trying to find somewhere that sold the Guards Guards board game. When I discovered the stamps there was no going back.

Hobby wise apart from the obvious I'm also a keen amateur leather worker and enjoy the odd spot of live action roleplay.
"It's only stamps, sir. I mean there's no law against stamps..." - Cheery Littlebottom.
Drayax

Postby Grace Speaker » Thu Jul 10, 2014 09:44 am

Drayax wrote:Finally getting round to posting on this thread.

I'm David, a 27 year old welder and general metal worker from Essex and I've been reading discworld since my mum bought me the Fifth Elephant when I was 13. Was hooked ever since. Unfortunately it took me nearly ten years after their inception to cotton on to the fact that discworld stamps existed, landed on the emporium website completely by accident trying to find somewhere that sold the Guards Guards board game. When I discovered the stamps there was no going back.

Hobby wise apart from the obvious I'm also a keen amateur leather worker and enjoy the odd spot of live action roleplay.

Wotcha David ! :D
Grace Speaker

PreviousNext

Return to The Welcome Mat