Page 42 of 44

Re: The 'Tell us about yourself" Thread - *NO DIGRESSIONS!*

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 07:36 pm
by phalarope
Welcome Gary - absolutely yes, many of us here and there despise Faceborg and all it's kin.

Re: The 'Tell us about yourself" Thread - *NO DIGRESSIONS!*

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:03 pm
by Grace Speaker
Whos Wee Dug wrote:In a word yes, and there is also a very active one here. http://www.terrypratchett.co.uk/forum/index.php :mrgreen:

Aha ! So that's where you all bugger off to when it goes quiet here from time to time! :roll:

Re: The 'Tell us about yourself" Thread - *NO DIGRESSIONS!*

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 10:07 pm
by Whos Wee Dug
Grace Speaker wrote:
Whos Wee Dug wrote:In a word yes, and there is also a very active one here. http://www.terrypratchett.co.uk/forum/index.php :mrgreen:

Aha ! So that's where you all bugger off to when it goes quiet here from time to time! :roll:

YEST!! :lol: and there is a few others from here from here who pop over from time to time, names are not mentioned to protect the innocent. :wink: :mrgreen:

Re: The 'Tell us about yourself" Thread - *NO DIGRESSIONS!*

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 08:27 am
by Basement
Whos Wee Dug wrote:
Grace Speaker wrote:
Whos Wee Dug wrote:In a word yes, and there is also a very active one here. http://www.terrypratchett.co.uk/forum/index.php :mrgreen:

Aha ! So that's where you all bugger off to when it goes quiet here from time to time! :roll:

YEST!! :lol: and there is a few others from here from here who pop over from time to time, names are not mentioned to protect the innocent. :wink: :mrgreen:


*being wary that we have digressed and that Mods with sharp sticks are around*

Innocent???!?!?!?!?!???!?????

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!11!!!!1!

Re: The 'Tell us about yourself" Thread - *NO DIGRESSIONS!*

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 08:59 am
by Darren
Indeed :twisted:

Re: The 'Tell us about yourself" Thread - *NO DIGRESSIONS!*

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 07:55 pm
by Badgerwilde
Hi!

I've finally got here !! :D

I'm the same as every one of you who loves discworld and it has been an integral part of my life from a young adult till now.

I've registered as it's a little more into the world that I love and because i'm finally visiting the shop in Wincanton for my 40th birthday!! :D

Birthday is on Sunday and visit booked for tuesday...and i'm more excited about the visit than anything else ;) :bounce: :bounce:

Looking forward to spending some time mooching about on here till then :D

Re: The 'Tell us about yourself" Thread - *NO DIGRESSIONS!*

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 08:16 am
by Grace Speaker
Hi Badgerwilde, nice to 'meet' you and Happy Birthday for tomorrow! :sunny: Sounds like you have a great weekend planned - just don't forget that Wednesday is a very special LBE day :wink:

Re: The 'Tell us about yourself" Thread - *NO DIGRESSIONS!*

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 03:53 pm
by Badgerwilde
Grace Speaker wrote:Hi Badgerwilde, nice to 'meet' you and Happy Birthday for tomorrow! :sunny: Sounds like you have a great weekend planned - just don't forget that Wednesday is a very special LBE day :wink:


Great weekend indeed :D

What's an LBE?

Re: The 'Tell us about yourself" Thread - *NO DIGRESSIONS!*

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 05:48 pm
by Grace Speaker
Badgerwilde wrote:
Grace Speaker wrote:Hi Badgerwilde, nice to 'meet' you and Happy Birthday for tomorrow! :sunny: Sounds like you have a great weekend planned - just don't forget that Wednesday is a very special LBE day :wink:


Great weekend indeed :D

What's an LBE?

They are 'Little Brown Envelopes' and as it's the 10th anniversary of Going Postal, this Wednesday's LBE's are extra, extra special - check out the 10th anniversary LBE and commemorative sheet on the new products page and the forum posts from Ian and Bernard themselves: "Ten bloom in' years" + "Ten years of you sods" :lol: :D

Re: The 'Tell us about yourself" Thread - *NO DIGRESSIONS!*

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 07:05 pm
by Badgerwilde
Grace Speaker wrote:
Badgerwilde wrote:
Grace Speaker wrote:Hi Badgerwilde, nice to 'meet' you and Happy Birthday for tomorrow! :sunny: Sounds like you have a great weekend planned - just don't forget that Wednesday is a very special LBE day :wink:


Great weekend indeed :D

What's an LBE?

They are 'Little Brown Envelopes' and as it's the 10th anniversary of Going Postal, this Wednesday's LBE's are extra, extra special - check out the 10th anniversary LBE and commemorative sheet on the new products page and the forum posts from Ian and Bernard themselves: "Ten bloom in' years" + "Ten years of you sods" :lol: :D


Ahh thank you for clearing that up Grace :D

I've ordered a LBE 6 edition thingy...i think that means i get the next 6 editions delivered without having to fight my way through? Who knows but it's a start into something new!!

Re: The 'Tell us about yourself" Thread - *NO DIGRESSIONS!*

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 07:24 pm
by Grace Speaker
Badgerwilde wrote:Ahh thank you for clearing that up Grace :D

I've ordered a LBE 6 edition thingy...i think that means i get the next 6 editions delivered without having to fight my way through? Who knows but it's a start into something new!!

:D It's surprising how easy it is to get hooked on these glorious little things - I was hooked the first time I found a sport in an LBE :wink: Hope you had fun in the shop?

Re: The 'Tell us about yourself" Thread - *NO DIGRESSIONS!*

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 08:13 pm
by steeljam
Tap! Tap! Tap!
Please not the thread subject *NO DIGRESSIONS!*

Re: The 'Tell us about yourself" Thread - *NO DIGRESSIONS!*

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 08:34 pm
by Grace Speaker
steeljam wrote:Tap! Tap! Tap!
Please not the thread subject *NO DIGRESSIONS!*


Sorry Sir, won't happen again Sir :wink:

Re: The 'Tell us about yourself" Thread - *NO DIGRESSIONS!*

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 08:00 pm
by Drayax
Finally getting round to posting on this thread.

I'm David, a 27 year old welder and general metal worker from Essex and I've been reading discworld since my mum bought me the Fifth Elephant when I was 13. Was hooked ever since. Unfortunately it took me nearly ten years after their inception to cotton on to the fact that discworld stamps existed, landed on the emporium website completely by accident trying to find somewhere that sold the Guards Guards board game. When I discovered the stamps there was no going back.

Hobby wise apart from the obvious I'm also a keen amateur leather worker and enjoy the odd spot of live action roleplay.

Re: The 'Tell us about yourself" Thread - *NO DIGRESSIONS!*

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 09:44 am
by Grace Speaker
Drayax wrote:Finally getting round to posting on this thread.

I'm David, a 27 year old welder and general metal worker from Essex and I've been reading discworld since my mum bought me the Fifth Elephant when I was 13. Was hooked ever since. Unfortunately it took me nearly ten years after their inception to cotton on to the fact that discworld stamps existed, landed on the emporium website completely by accident trying to find somewhere that sold the Guards Guards board game. When I discovered the stamps there was no going back.

Hobby wise apart from the obvious I'm also a keen amateur leather worker and enjoy the odd spot of live action roleplay.

Wotcha David ! :D