Discworld

The 'Tell us about yourself" Thread - *NO DIGRESSIONS!*

Somewhere to say hello, draw up a chair and join us by the fire...

Re: The 'Tell us about yourself" Thread - *NO DIGRESSIONS!*

Postby lwhitehead » Tue Mar 17, 2020 05:26 am

Hello I'm Luke Whitehead

44 years old,

I've got Aspbergers

I've read at a College level but my Grammer is at Grade 3 level.

I'm a huge fan of Discworld and have read the books, and a hopeful Writer. Discworld is one of inperation for a Humorous Fantasy series based on the Three Magi, or Wizards in a Tudor Kingdom of Henry VII.

I should point out that I've got Two lifetime bans on fourms online, Once your painted with a Tar Brush it's hard remove.

LW
lwhitehead

Postby Sir.Ious Stamp » Tue May 05, 2020 12:07 am

Hi there,
I am new to this forum, and new to collecting discworld stamps. Heck i don't even know if this is the correct way of posting. Anyhow. I am 25yr old and from The Netherlands. I discovered I like collecting discworld stamps and I started collecting them from January 2020.
I came across it becouse of my dad. He was a well known collector in the community , and sadly I have to tell that he has passed away at janaury the first 2020. It was the shock of my life. I found some peace in continueing the discworld collection, and so I began to discover.
Soon I noticed that I really like this whole setting , as I am a scifi fan but was not really up to date on the discworld.
I like collecting the stamps and I do this by buying LBE's ( safely stored after opening for other collectors perhaps ) and sorting the stamps. I have started one book with the stamps of 2020. (Including sheets) and one book for the others. I noticed i have collected some interesting ones so far so perhaps later on it could be interesting to get in touch with the people my dad used to have contact with in the discworld. He still is an official licenced thief ( still haven't figured out how he pullled that one off.) But anyhow. I am looking forward to meeting the community and hopefully start a long lasting hobby with the rest here.

There is so much to cover but for just an introduction that seems about it.

Kind regards from the Brusse Family from the Netherlands.

R.Brusse (Sir.Ious Stamp seems to be a fitting name for the ocacion)
Sir.Ious Stamp

Postby The_Professor_UK » Wed Jun 10, 2020 06:03 pm

Hi There...

Here I am looking somewhat tidy....

So I am an inventor, formerly from Dewsbury..... Those who have seen either the original programme, or the Blooper show may well recognise me :oops:

I am an Engineer and am a partner in a design boutique. I cover electronic, mechanical, optical design, but with a hint of chemistry and also a bit software design....

My Son is a big Comic-Con fan, and next time I take him (if such gathering ever happen again), I aim to get into the spirit of things by going as Rincewind.
They called me Mad, you know!!!
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
The_Professor_UK

Postby ljsinclair » Fri Jul 03, 2020 07:15 am

Greetings all,
Like it says on the box, here's some interesting information about myself:
- card-carrying member of introverted keyboard jockeys anonymous (AKA writer)
- proud but unexpected owner of the last two THUD boards in existence thanks to overzealous eBay bidding
- unsurprised at the direction The Watch has been taken in, but looking forward to Narrativia's new arrangements
- Sam Vimes fan. And Granny Weatherwax. And Susan... well, let's just say the books are very enjoyable
- Once made the mistake of complementing someone about their knitting when they were actually crocheting
- misnamed my cat. He should've been called "Beaker"
ljsinclair

Previous

Return to The Welcome Mat