Discworld

Welcome to new members

Somewhere to say hello, draw up a chair and join us by the fire...

Re: Welcome to new members

Postby phalarope » Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:41 pm

Welcome Emberella! Very nice Forum name you have chosen. :D Pull up a chair, tell us about yourself on the 'Tell Us About Yourself' thread, and join the madness - I mean the fun.
Cheers -
Carol (phalarope)
'The world is full of signals that we don't perceive.' -- Stephen Jay Gould, (1941-2002) paleontologist, evolutionary biologist, science historian

Oysters have 4 lips

X-Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett
phalarope

Postby shadow9d9 » Thu Aug 22, 2013 02:38 am

Some newbie questions. I sent an Email to the emporium on Monday and have not received a response yet. What is the general turnaround time?

How long does it generally take for items to be shipped out? Do you get an email confirmation for this even if you ordered as a guest?

Thanks!
shadow9d9

Postby steeljam » Sat Aug 31, 2013 09:05 am

Welcome davefromdiswo. Looks like you will fit right in.
Flickr Photos : DW Events : Discworld Stamp Catalogue : Motorcycle diaries
Register your birthday on the forum
X-Clacks-Overhead GNU Terry Pratchett
steeljam
Monitor

Postby Katherine75 » Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:44 pm

Hi all,
How are you all? :)
Just booked a travelodge room for the Hogswatch celebrations. Never been before but now I live nearby (although far enough that I'd need a room). Looking forward to it and visiting a town that is twinned with the Discworld - amazing. I had only heard about Wincanton this year but I've been a fan of Pratchett's work for ages.
Anyway, nice to meet you all :)
Katherine75

Postby Murgatroyd » Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:28 am

Welcome Katherine75
Several of us are staying at the Travel lodge over Hogswatch, so you'll be in good company!
I can only conclude that I'm paying off Karma at a vastly accelerated rate.
Susan Ivanova. Babylon 5
Murgatroyd

Postby Katherine75 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 01:09 pm

Hi, does Terry Pratchett pop down during the Hogswatch celebrations? Or does it just depend? What happens during the three days - I mean I've read the itinery on this site but what generally goes on?
Katherine75

Postby phazedout » Sun Sep 15, 2013 08:09 pm

madness, costuming drinking of assorted beverages (according to taste/inclination/ability to do so). Curries, auctions (don't mention the ducj) and general mayhem.

Terry tends to turn up at hogswatch a fair bit in my adimittedly limited (only going since 2006 and I missed 2008) experince.

Schedule? hee hee hee. The events will happen (weather and suitable levels of insanity permitting) but the degree to which they stick to, ignore, or roll in to a small ball, burn, then franticly try and read the singed remains of the aforesaid schedule will vary wildly.

Come, it's *fun* due to storage restrictions any costuming I do this year will be limited to a black cloak (my niece said to me "oh so you don't have room for any suits but you've got room to bring *that* to finland with you).

Seriously though, do come along, you won't regret it :D :D :D
Phaze
on the "right, it is getting late in the finnish lands so off to the cot for me, a distance of a massive 8 inches form where I sit" ID
[regarding Alan Rickman] He had Tim Curry's ability to save the day by putting literally all the scenery in his mouth and gnawing on it like a deranged woodchuck.
phazedout

Location: Ballina, Mayo the sunny west of Ireland (rimwards of wincanton)

Postby phalarope » Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:47 am

Welcome back Jim :D

and Welcome SimmSimm - its very easy to find friends here. :sunny:
Cheers -
Carol (phalarope)
'The world is full of signals that we don't perceive.' -- Stephen Jay Gould, (1941-2002) paleontologist, evolutionary biologist, science historian

Oysters have 4 lips

X-Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett
phalarope

Postby bionicgeekgrrl » Wed Aug 13, 2014 08:34 pm

hello :)
bionicgeekgrrl

Postby KittyNic » Sat Aug 16, 2014 09:32 pm

*waves at all the people*

Some of you may have met me at DWCon this past weekend.

I was the one doing the balloon swords, hats and parrot on the Saturday morning and wearing the fairly popular red velvet boots on the Sunday.
KittyNic

Postby sehrgut » Sun Oct 05, 2014 04:45 pm

Heya, folks! I just found this forum, and have been having a blast looking through the old discussions. :-D
sehrgut

Postby DavidAHarvey » Sun Oct 05, 2014 08:13 pm

Hello sehrgut, KittyNic and bionicgeekgrrl. Love those forum names :thumbl: Welcome aboard :D
Cosmo, Prince of Denmark, not the greatest man at darts; the reason English Kings often come in several parts.
DavidAHarvey

Postby Snufkin » Thu Oct 16, 2014 06:36 pm

Hey guys! Thought it was about time I registered instead of lurking in the shadows. The light seems quite bright, but i'm sure i'll get used to it! :D
Snufkin

Postby steeljam » Fri Oct 17, 2014 09:22 pm

Snufkin wrote:Hey guys! Thought it was about time I registered instead of lurking in the shadows. The light seems quite bright, but i'm sure i'll get used to it! :D
Hi Snufkin, welcome and make yourself at home.
Flickr Photos : DW Events : Discworld Stamp Catalogue : Motorcycle diaries
Register your birthday on the forum
X-Clacks-Overhead GNU Terry Pratchett
steeljam
Monitor

Postby mkearns94 » Tue Oct 28, 2014 01:17 am

Hi Everyone!

Just signed up so I wanted to quickly introduce myself. I'm a relatively new fan of Terry Pratchett's work after finally getting round to watching a couple of the TV adaptations (just finished Going Postal part 2, hence the late night post) and looking into the original books they're based on, during which I stumbled upon the emporium's website.

I feel like I've cheated myself out of years of enjoyment by missing out on Discworld so far, so I have a whole lot of reading to do if I want to catch up, right?

Anyway, I look forward to getting to know you all and hopefully becoming part of the community. I'm sure I'll speak to you soon! :)
mkearns94

PreviousNext

Return to The Welcome Mat