Discworld

Fat-alists Gym 2009

Local meetings of the Flatalist Society branches.

Fat-alists Gym 2009

Postby Dragonlady » Sat Aug 01, 2009 08:32 pm

I looked at the last thread, and saw the hint that Addicted put on to the end of it, so here it is - a brand spanking new room for anyone trying to lose weight this year.

In the new year, it turned out that I was having hormone problems, which were resolved for the most part by mid June. By this time I'd managed to struggle off half a stone.

However, by exercising like a demon and minding my neutrition, I've lost another 6 3/4 pounds.

I'm hoping to have lost that last pesky quarter pound by next week, and aim to lose another stone by the end of the year. :D
If you can't be a good example, you'll just have to be a horrible warning...

http://www.inspiredtowalk.co.uk/ Kilimanjaro 2013 or bust!
Dragonlady

Postby annebn » Sun Aug 02, 2009 09:29 am

I've lost 4 kilo since moving to Germany. I think it's mainly due to more exercise (walking back and forth to work, about 45 min each day and hilly) and living further away from the nearest pizzaria.
Humans are always slightly lost. It's a basic characteristic. It explains a lot about them
-Terry Pratchett, Lord and ladies
annebn

Postby phazedout » Mon Aug 03, 2009 05:37 pm

for reasons i won't go in to i've not had a good july.
I've put on about 5 kilos, rededicating myself to getting rid of that, and the other 8 or so i've put on.
I'm aiming to get back below 90, im over a hundred now :o :shock:

Good Luck everyone.
Phaze
on the "knows it's unhealthy, hence back to crackerbread sliced tomatoes and a little cheese for lunch" ID
[regarding Alan Rickman] He had Tim Curry's ability to save the day by putting literally all the scenery in his mouth and gnawing on it like a deranged woodchuck.
phazedout

Location: Ballina, Mayo the sunny west of Ireland (rimwards of wincanton)

Postby Dragonlady » Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:36 pm

Anne - that's brilliant! Have I got this right - 4kgs is almost 9 pounds? May the good work carry on!

Alan - I think I have a bit of an idea as to why your July isn't going very well. Hopefully life will start looking up for you soon. Perhaps watching what you eat, and exercise will give you something to focus on?

I am currenly aching a bit. Having not had the calmest week I felt that last night would be the perfect time to try the strength section of my Biggest Loser DVD :roll: It's 25 minutes of the circuits from hell. I'm sure that it will make a difference, but it's relentless, and oh my I'm having trouble with the stairs today! If you're looking for some serious hard work, this one really knows what it's about :shock:

Dragonlady

Postby annebn » Wed Aug 05, 2009 01:49 pm

Yes you got the kilo to pounds right.

That exercise DVD sounds effective, but don't hurt yourself now!
Humans are always slightly lost. It's a basic characteristic. It explains a lot about them
-Terry Pratchett, Lord and ladies
annebn

Postby Statsman » Wed Aug 05, 2009 01:51 pm

Last time I weighed I was at 14'9" so about 3 pounds added to my weight but still over a stone lost.

Looking to lose those 9 pounds to get down to 14 stone by year end
Yes it will be in this brown envelope, I know it will.... Oh maybe not
Statsman

Postby TheRealPonder » Wed Aug 05, 2009 07:33 pm

i am down to 106kg now :-D Was hoping to get down to 100kg by the end of September, so things are looking good :-D
Chip and Clive Daily comic: SAH Comics. If i see anyone booing or hissing at my penguins i will be jolly angry!
TheRealPonder

Postby Dragonlady » Wed Aug 05, 2009 09:03 pm

Looks like we're all doing really well then? Excellent :D

I've just invested in another couple of self torture, uh, I mean work out DVD's - I like to have lots of options cos I get bored easily with the same routine. Also, if you do the same routine for too long it loses it's effectiveness, so it's a good idea to mix things up a bit.

Rest day today though - I don't want to hurt myself, and leave me unable to go to dance class tomorrow night!

Dragonlady

Postby Bickaxe » Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:59 pm

Not interested in losing weight, but if I could manage to stop shrinking my clothes in the wash, that would be a great help.

Apparently, 10 sit ups a day is the key. I think washing at lower temperatures is the way to go though....
Daggers!!
Ginger people don't actually taste of ginger :shock:
I tripped on an escalator once and fell downstairs for an hour and a half
UU Shirt no.7
Bickaxe

Postby Darren » Sat Aug 08, 2009 08:20 pm

Well I was stuck at 13st 5lb or so. But that was 3 weeks ago, before one of my usual weeks in France plus 2 weeks holiday (eating out at least once a day). So somehow methinks it'll be somewhat higher than that currently :roll:

Time to get back to the walking and the gym methinks, and the diet (ok, the not eating out too much, although difficult when abroad) starts tomorrow (again).

Editted to add - yup, scales say 13st 10.5lb. Too much ice-cream, pub dinners and cream teas. But worth it ;)
Grumpy old mod.
Darren

Postby Dragonlady » Sun Aug 09, 2009 04:26 pm

Weighed in today, after a very difficult and stressful week. Another round of mixed emotions, because I've only lost quarter of a pound.

However. After having a bit of a sulk, I'm feeling a bit better about it - I've had precious little time to exercise or sleep. I have managed to reach my target of a stone off before Wadfest, and I have managed to lose another half an inch from my hips, an inch from my chest/back, and centimetre and a half from my neck.

I'm going to be away for the next 2 weekends, so I won't be able to weigh in - hopfully though a week camping in the great outdoors won't be too bad a holiday diet and exercise wise! :oops:

My next target is to lose another stone by year end. I think that this is a reasonable target - with 21 weeks to go, that's less than 1lb each week.

Dragonlady

Postby Basement » Mon Aug 17, 2009 08:29 am

A bit belated, I know, but well done Kirstie! I shall enjoy hugging the slimmer you in just a couple of days.

My weight has been fluctuating quite a lot and I'm not sure why. I haven't got back to my heaviest thankfully and although I don't want to go back down to the 10 st that I weighed last August I would like to get off about 5 or 6 lbs. So I pushed myself fairly hard on the bike this morning to keep the old heart pumping fairly quickly, plus it's a lovely morning to be out on a bike!
GNU Terry Pratchett
Basement

Postby Catch-up » Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:12 pm

Coming in a bit late too, but congratulations to everyone!

Over the past two years I've lost about 20-25 lbs and I'm hoping to keep that up. I think the biggest change was watching my portions, but I also had to stop (ok, greatly reduce) the late night snacking. I'm trying to buy fat free and sugar free stuff when that's an option. I've stopped using butter as much and I've given up the powdered creamer in my coffee for skim milk.

For awhile I was doing a good job on getting exercise at home, but I've dropped the ball on that lately. Haven't been walking as much this summer either.
X-Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett
Catch-up

Postby Dragonlady » Fri Aug 28, 2009 08:34 am

That all seems to be heading in the right direction Su! Well done :D

I'm with you on the snacking front - my office seem to have a never ending supply of chocolate biscuits and cakes. It's easier now that they are kept out of my eyeline, but I'm still subjected to the 'go on, one won't hurt' line every now and again. Yes it will - one is too many. It will lead to another and another.

My name is Dragonlady, and I am a biscuitaholic. It's been 3 months now since my last biscuit... :oops:

I'll be weighing in tomorrow - to see what damage my week away, and my week recovering has done. :o

Dragonlady

Postby Bickaxe » Fri Aug 28, 2009 09:33 am

Its been 3 weeks since my last confession....

Have lost a kilo but my waistline is still the same size :?

Been having problems with my teeth so cutting out sugary stuff hasn't been a problem for a bit :lol: seems to have worked for weight loss
Daggers!!
Ginger people don't actually taste of ginger :shock:
I tripped on an escalator once and fell downstairs for an hour and a half
UU Shirt no.7
Bickaxe

Next

Return to Regional Meetings