Discworld

Fat-alists Gym 2009

Local meetings of the Flatalist Society branches.

Postby Bickaxe » Fri Sep 18, 2009 09:58 pm

Dragonlady wrote:Any chance you can find out where the recipe came from?

Will try and find out, though chances are Dad made it up as he went along :lol:
Daggers!!
Ginger people don't actually taste of ginger :shock:
I tripped on an escalator once and fell downstairs for an hour and a half
UU Shirt no.7
Bickaxe

Postby Catch-up » Sat Sep 19, 2009 10:24 pm

Only had pumpkin soup once and it was very bland. I think it would have been great with a little more spice and flavor. I've also had pumpkin ice cream - which was divine!

I'm back down the couple pounds I gained back, yay! Been trying to be good about not eating bad stuff.

If I can get rid of this cold in the next couple of days I'm going to sign up for an African dance and/or Capoeira class next week.
X-Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett
Catch-up

Postby Dragonlady » Sun Sep 20, 2009 09:02 pm

I made a tagine of pumpkin and lentils on Friday, which was lovely, and we will be having it again soon! Today I made pumpkin and red pepper soup, which is an old favourite - I put in a touch of cumin and some smoked paprika so it's not bland!

I stayed the same this week - but I've been on antibiotics and they always play havoc with my digestive system. Fingers crossed that normal service will be resumed next week. :roll:
If you can't be a good example, you'll just have to be a horrible warning...

http://www.inspiredtowalk.co.uk/ Kilimanjaro 2013 or bust!
Dragonlady

Postby phazedout » Tue Sep 22, 2009 06:01 am

It would seem that ballina town council (the wee town in which i live is called Ballina) wants me to lose weight. I admit I've got out of the habit of walking the 1 3/4 miles in to and out of work however they've made a change, from tomorrow when driving from work to my home I can no longer take a direct route over a bridge and up the hill, rather I have to turn left, drive 500m dow th quay to the next bridge, turn right, drive the 500m back up the quay ahten turn left and go on up the hill.

With traffic yeildings and assorted other bits and pieces it means it's probably faster to walk in and out, so yay this.

I'm also going back to porridge for breakfast, even if it does mean getting up twenty minutes earlier to eat it.
Phaze
on the "the food posoining from yestrday seems to have moved down through my digestive system however, so no walking in today, cannot be more than a 5 minute dash form a loo" ID
[regarding Alan Rickman] He had Tim Curry's ability to save the day by putting literally all the scenery in his mouth and gnawing on it like a deranged woodchuck.
phazedout

Location: Ballina, Mayo the sunny west of Ireland (rimwards of wincanton)

Postby Mazzie » Mon Oct 05, 2009 07:15 pm

I just started a programme at our local gym today. I was referred by my doctor, who had done a weight/height/BMI check on me, and that was about 2 months ago. Today when I went to the gym I had my height and weight taken and apparently I've lost 6 pounds since then :D
"The question seldom addressed is where Medusa had snakes. Underarm hair is an even more embarassing problem when it keeps biting the top of the deodorant bottle."
~Soul Music
Mazzie

Postby Basement » Wed Oct 07, 2009 08:34 am

Nice one Mazzie!

Went out on my bike yesterday and did just under 31 miles. Am feeling that today, so didn't cycle in to work.
GNU Terry Pratchett
Basement

Re: Fat-alists Gym 2009

Postby Evadne Cake » Wed Oct 21, 2009 01:56 pm

I start my new diet with weight watchers from next monday (i.e. the first day I can get to a meeting).

I have tried all the fads and never seem to be able to shift it and keep it off. My sister announced yesterday she's getting hitched next June and I am expected to wear a frock. So, here it is.

I need to lose a couple of dress sizes in the next 8 months. I average this to around 2 stones per dress size - so, four stones in 8 months. so I'm looking at 7lbs a month, or 1.75 lbs a week.

Wish me luck. :thumbl: :bounce:
Evadne Cake

Postby Bickaxe » Wed Oct 21, 2009 06:07 pm

Just started my new job and weighing in at 77.2kgs....lots of walking involved :evil:
Daggers!!
Ginger people don't actually taste of ginger :shock:
I tripped on an escalator once and fell downstairs for an hour and a half
UU Shirt no.7
Bickaxe

Postby phazedout » Mon Oct 26, 2009 12:58 pm

i'd happily lop off a majopr limb to be 77.2, i'm currently well over 100kilos

however i'm walking again, did 6.4km yesterday and 11km today, an going to try for 10km per day.

it seems to be having an effect though i'm below 105 kilos already
Phaze
on the "admittedly my legs feel like they are leading an indepenant exiostence separate from me" ID
[regarding Alan Rickman] He had Tim Curry's ability to save the day by putting literally all the scenery in his mouth and gnawing on it like a deranged woodchuck.
phazedout

Location: Ballina, Mayo the sunny west of Ireland (rimwards of wincanton)

Postby TheRealPonder » Mon Oct 26, 2009 06:20 pm

well, i had wanted to get down to 100kg by the end of the summer, and i rather think the summer is well and truly over now.

I started at 112 and, after weighing myself yesterday, i now come in at 102, so i wasn't too far off really :-)
Chip and Clive Daily comic: SAH Comics. If i see anyone booing or hissing at my penguins i will be jolly angry!
TheRealPonder

Postby TheRealPonder » Mon Oct 26, 2009 06:23 pm

argh! lina (t'other half) has just made some chocolate cornflake cakes...oh dear :lol:
Chip and Clive Daily comic: SAH Comics. If i see anyone booing or hissing at my penguins i will be jolly angry!
TheRealPonder

Previous

Return to Regional Meetings