Discworld

Tyne and Wear Branch.......The Ressurection

Local meetings of the Flatalist Society branches.

Tyne and Wear Branch.......The Ressurection

Postby jonty » Sat Oct 10, 2009 06:04 am

Back from the Dead

Due to the influx of new members in the Tyne and Wear area of late, and enquiries from same regarding the the lack of Branch Meetings. After much, planning , cajoling and in some cases Blackmail. I am pleased to announce that the Tyne and Wear Branch has been Ressurected. The first meeting of the reformed Branch will take place as follows:

The Venue Jonty’s House

When Saturday/ 17/10/09

Time 11 am onwards (expected to run for 4 to 5 hours)

All are welcome. pm me for details if interested.

Please list names of those attending, in the usual manner
jonty

Postby jonty » Sat Oct 10, 2009 06:07 am

Confirmed attending so far

Jonty
Moogworzel
Mazzie + 1
LibrarianK +1
Bezam
jonty

Re: Tyne and Wear Branch.......The Ressurection

Postby Mazzie » Mon Oct 12, 2009 05:52 pm

WOOT! :) Really looking forward to it :)
"The question seldom addressed is where Medusa had snakes. Underarm hair is an even more embarassing problem when it keeps biting the top of the deodorant bottle."
~Soul Music
Mazzie

Postby LibrarianK » Mon Oct 12, 2009 07:02 pm

Me too, :D :D :D
Ook
LibrarianK

Postby LibrarianK » Sat Oct 17, 2009 03:55 pm

I would like to say what a brilliant day I had today, I met Jonty, Mazzie, Moogworzel and Bezam. Jonty made a very nice Lasagne. I am now looking at stamps, lol and a quiz. I am looking forward to meeting everyone else :D :D :D
This has been one of the first times I have gone anywhere other than the doctors in a long time and I loved it :D
Ook
LibrarianK

Postby bezam » Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:08 pm

Jonty, thanks for being an excellent host and cook! Also please extend my thanks to all those who supplied the 'goodies' for the meet, yourself and Mark included. Great to meet and share stories with new faces, and assist in converting them to the stamps :evil: , a tactic which appears to be starting to work in LibrarianK's case (nice to hear you had a good time). I look forward to the next one.
bezam

Postby Mazzie » Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:12 pm

*echoes that*

It was great to see everyone XD To be honest I was bloody nervous when we finally found Jonty's house (hahaha) but myself and my friend had a great time. I want to thank Jonty, Bezam, Moogworzel and everyone else involved in organising the event, I really enjoyed myself, as did my friend :)

Thank you so much for the stamps and the crash course in stamps, though I'm probably thinking I will be blaming you guys later on for the gaping hole in my wallet :P

Jonty's lasagne is to die for!
"The question seldom addressed is where Medusa had snakes. Underarm hair is an even more embarassing problem when it keeps biting the top of the deodorant bottle."
~Soul Music
Mazzie

Postby Mazzie » Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:12 pm

bezam wrote:Jonty, thanks for being an excellent host and cook! Also please extend my thanks to all those who supplied the 'goodies' for the meet, yourself and Mark included. Great to meet and share stories with new faces, and assist in converting them to the stamps :evil: , a tactic which appears to be starting to work in LibrarianK's case (nice to hear you had a good time). I look forward to the next one.

Did you get home OK?
~Soul Music
Mazzie

Postby bezam » Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:16 pm

Mazzie wrote:
bezam wrote:Jonty, thanks for being an excellent host and cook! Also please extend my thanks to all those who supplied the 'goodies' for the meet, yourself and Mark included. Great to meet and share stories with new faces, and assist in converting them to the stamps :evil: , a tactic which appears to be starting to work in LibrarianK's case (nice to hear you had a good time). I look forward to the next one.

Did you get home OK?

I did, thanks. However as I approached the metro stop for the Stadium of Light, I realised my cunning plan to avoid the match crowds was fading fast! :lol:
bezam

Postby Mazzie » Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:41 pm

LOL. Yeah, it does get pretty manic here on match day. I liked it when they moved the stadium to the riverside (as before it was nearer to us and we got rubbish thrown over our wall by litterbug matchgoers)', but the only downside is that it's also closer to the city centre and a pain if you're trying to get into town. Especially by car - they shut half the main bridge into the city down. Realistically you might have been better off going to Newcastle :P
~Soul Music
Mazzie

Postby LibrarianK » Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:58 pm

The stamps are brilliant, I am now trying the quiz done one I think, I also think I should thank Hillary and the other stamp donators
Ook
LibrarianK

Postby jonty » Sun Oct 18, 2009 07:39 am

The Meeting exceeded all my expectations. I've not had so much fun whilst still fully dressed. The enthusiasm for the Stamps and the Books was amazing. Thanks to everyone for making it a success.

Special thanks go to :

Moogworzel , for arriving early to give a hand setting up, donating early stuff for the newcomers. and his waitressing skills.
Bezam, For travelling so far, donating stuff for the newbies and his inpromtu presentation on quizzes past and present ( Which really pussicked them up to try it for themselves)
Bernard and Isobel for the donations and support.

Looking forward to the next one :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: Which will be in the New Year.
.Life is a sexually transmitted disease and there is a 100% mortality rate. ~R.D. Laing
jonty

Postby Mazzie » Sun Oct 18, 2009 09:56 am

Aaargh got distracted by shiny things and forgot the quiz :( Which is Jonty's fault.

Thanks again all! *applauds for Jonty, Moogworzel, Bezam, Bernard and Isobel and Hillary*

Incidentally - SUNDERLAND WON AGAINST LIVERPOOL! :P
~Soul Music
Mazzie

Postby jonty » Sun Oct 18, 2009 03:19 pm

Mazzie wrote:Aaargh got distracted by shiny things and forgot the quiz :( Which is Jonty's fault. :P

:lol: Dont worry, have put your past papers to one side for you
.Life is a sexually transmitted disease and there is a 100% mortality rate. ~R.D. Laing
jonty

Postby Mazzie » Mon Oct 19, 2009 08:16 am

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!
~Soul Music
Mazzie

Next

Return to Regional Meetings