Discworld

And Now,.......THE LAST EVER E.E.B. OF 2009!

Local meetings of the Flatalist Society branches.

Date for the LAST EEB OF 2009!

12Th December
29%
19Th December
71%
26Th December
No votes

Total votes : 7

And Now,.......THE LAST EVER E.E.B. OF 2009!

Postby I.B.Igor » Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:29 pm

Right you orrible lot,..........you have the following dates to choose from. ( Stuffing tinsel up the turkey is no excuse, or even a note from your Mum) :D
Bring the Eggnog, and party Crackers,.......there will be prizes, surprises, and I may even be sober,........ish :wink: Sniff!, I'm gonna miss the mayhem you know.

Choose a date, and bring a penguin of your choice! ( and to those in the know, the Ballet Corp of Penguins, have now reached the North Pole, and after various rehearsals, are due to entertain St Nick himself, but sadly they have lost the Camel ) :D
Kidney Stones are a thing of the past!, blast them out of your urinary tract with our help!, sponsored by Yorkshire Tea ," we brew it tough ooop North "
I.B.Igor

Re: And Now,.......THE LAST EVER E.E.B. OF 2009!

Postby demdike » Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:34 pm

I'm having a nightmare time with MSN at the mo, so v unlikely I'll be there :(
Death before Dishonour. Nothing before Coffee.
demdike

Postby Squigglyx » Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:38 pm

Margaret's work's do on the 12th, and something probably happening on 26th, so I voted 19th...
X-Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett
Squigglyx

Postby Doc Brown » Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:36 pm

There will be an EEB LBE raffle and quiz, GCTS raffle, country raffle (this time it will be for 'The Pelagic Territories' do people want to have an attendees Christmas raffle as well? If so please pm Jackie (I.B.Igor) any prizes you'd like to offer.
Last edited by Doc Brown on Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Doc Brown

Postby Squigglyx » Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:39 pm

Doc Brown wrote:There will be an EEB LBE raffle and quiz, do people want to have an attendees Christmas raffle as well? If so please pm Jackie (I.B.Igor) any prizes you'd like to offer.

Nice idea Martyn, I will have a think and a dig around, I'm sure i can find something..... :D
Squigglyx

Postby phalarope » Sat Dec 19, 2009 12:35 am

DRAT! ..... It's calling for snow here, 9 inches predicted so that means hours of fun, and the satellite HATES snow. I may have to do dial-up and e-mail or PM the quiz (a lovely birdy one **you ASKED**) to SquigglyX or Jacqui, because MSN Messenger over dial-up is ............impossible :( Will let y'all know closer to H-Hour.
Cheers -
Carol (phalarope)
'The world is full of signals that we don't perceive.' -- Stephen Jay Gould, (1941-2002) paleontologist, evolutionary biologist, science historian

Oysters have 4 lips

phalarope

Postby Kelshandra » Sat Dec 19, 2009 08:09 am

Doc Brown wrote:There will be an EEB LBE raffle and quiz, GCTS raffle, country raffle (this time it will be for 'The Pelagic Territories' do people want to have an attendees Christmas raffle as well? If so please pm Jackie (I.B.Igor) any prizes you'd like to offer.

That's a brilliant idea. I shall dig through my stuff and see what I can come up with!
The Geeky Goblin My irregular crafting inspirations
Currently working on the 2010 and 2018 Yearbooks- 2017 is ready to go!
GNU Terry Pratchett
Kelshandra

Postby phalarope » Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:00 pm

December quiz Q&A. Congrats to SquigglyX, on his extensive avian knowlege :wink:

1. The Sulidae and Paridae are 2 bird families whose English common names happen to be slang for mammary glands. What are they? A. Boobies & Tits.

2. To what group of birds do kookaburras belong? A. kingfishers

3. How many species of penguins are there? A. 17-20, depending on whose taxonomy you use.

4. What birds harrassed Brutha & Vorbis in the desert in Small Gods? A. scalbies

5. What kind of bird is a morepork? A. an Austalian owl

6. What is a flock of larks called? A. An exaltation

7. What bird represents Trickster in many Native American mythologies? A. Raven

8. In a Monty Python sketch, what bird is John Cleese trying to sell from a tray around his neck? A. an albatross

9. What kind of extinct bird does Thurdsay Next keep as a pet? A. dodo

10. What group of shorebirds exhibit reverse sexual dimorphism and serial polyandry? A. phalaropes

11. The Wildfowl Trust (Slimbridge) was founded by the son of which famous Antarctic explorer? A. Robert Falcon Scott (Sir Peter Scott)

12. What is the only group of birds that can fly backwards? A. Hummingbirds

13. What is a Common Loon called in Great Britain? A. Great Northern Diver

14. What group of birds were critical in the thought behind ‘The Origin of Species’? A. Darwin’s Finches

15. What was the code that would sabotage the Grand Trunk in Going Postal? A. Woodpecker
Cheers -
Carol (phalarope)
'The world is full of signals that we don't perceive.' -- Stephen Jay Gould, (1941-2002) paleontologist, evolutionary biologist, science historian

Oysters have 4 lips

phalarope

Postby I.B.Igor » Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:31 am

Thanks for a brilliant Quiz, Carole,.....never realized I knew so much about Birds,....( I came third) :D

Winners were as follows,....Quiz, Third, me with Eleven points,....second with 12, Bogey Man,.and first, Squiggly X, with fourteen points,.....and Bill and Pete win an E.E.B. L.B.E!.

The winner of bespelargic was Laura, way to go, the first owner of a bit of the Disk!.

And in the Final G.C.T.S.Draw of the year, the winner is,.....Anne Bn wins the Cabbage stamps,.........and Squiggly and Doc Brown won an L.B.E!.

I'm pleased to announce as I bow out as the E.E.B. Branch Chair person,..can I have a warm welcome for next years willing Victi,.......duly elected E.E.B Chair,............SQUIGGLY X. Have fun Peter!.

I can honestly say its been great, and at times Ive howled like a loon though out some meetings,.........youve made my year unforgettable,...thanks to all attendees. Next year I can sit at the back, and play with the glitter glue.

PS, Have you heard about the Penguins?.
Kidney Stones are a thing of the past!, blast them out of your urinary tract with our help!, sponsored by Yorkshire Tea ," we brew it tough ooop North "
I.B.Igor

Postby Kelshandra » Sun Dec 20, 2009 07:27 pm

Thank you for doing such a fantastic job this year, Madame President!

*passes over a tube of black glitter glue for decorating penguins with*
The Geeky Goblin My irregular crafting inspirations
Currently working on the 2010 and 2018 Yearbooks- 2017 is ready to go!
GNU Terry Pratchett
Kelshandra

Postby Squigglyx » Sun Dec 20, 2009 09:55 pm

I agree with Kel, thanks Jacqui, you did a fantastic job, just hope I can keep up the tradition.
Squigglyx

Return to Regional Meetings