Discworld

Tyne and Wear Branch Meet May 2010

Local meetings of the Flatalist Society branches.

Re: Tyne and Wear Branch Meet May 2010

Postby LibrarianK » Sat May 01, 2010 05:14 pm

I've had a brilliant day, thank you for being a great host Jonty, still dreaming of those strawberries, mm mm mmm. Thanks to everyone else for a great day and a great start to May, ook. Just one thing I'm now sitting here looking Tasha's JD thinking about the 80's fashion and music, :D :D :D :D ( with Iggy Pop in my head)
Ook
LibrarianK

Postby Joculator » Sat May 01, 2010 08:30 pm

I'll second those sentiments and will have endless hours of pleasant dreams of chilli as well.
One day all Cable Street Particulars will be built like this. 'Twas a pleasure to endure the torture of so much quality home-cooking being forced upon a person.
New friends made and an entertaining time throughout the day.
And the bells did probably work as the rain stayed well out of the way.
I will be posting pics and other stuff on my web site now I've added a new section.

Wassail Jonty and may your barbecue charcoal continue to light first time. :D
I want to die peacefully in my sleep, just like grandpa. Not screaming and panicking like his passengers.
Joculator

Postby jonty » Sat May 01, 2010 09:20 pm

Well, that's another Tyne and Wear meeting that seems to have hit the right spot. though chilly the rain held off and the sun made an appearance so the BBQ went ahead.
Thanks to every one that attended and made it a really good day. :thumbr:

A special thank you has to go to Stan (Joculator ) our newest member who donated the main prize (besides the LBEs ) for the quiz, Kim (Librarian K) is now the proud owner having won the quiz with 6 points out of a possible 33 :? , second was Mark (Moogworzel) with 5 points :lol: and last was ....................I wont mention their names cos it might embarrass them. I can say that Stan did score 9 points , however, he did disqualify himself for spelling mistakes and the fact he donated the prize and did not want to lug it home again. ( I will have to make the quiz easier in the future)

Stan also brought his accordion, Morris Berries for everyone, and, Oh yes ! the Dwarf cheese and beer battle bread, deadly only at close range. (cos it's that heavy you cant throw it very far) but excellent toasted.

Thanks also goes to all at No 41 for their support and the prize LBE's
.Life is a sexually transmitted disease and there is a 100% mortality rate. ~R.D. Laing
jonty

Postby jonty » Sat May 01, 2010 09:21 pm

Will post pics as soon as I can get them uploaded
.Life is a sexually transmitted disease and there is a 100% mortality rate. ~R.D. Laing
jonty

Postby jonty » Sat May 01, 2010 10:09 pm

Ok , as promised the piccies from the meeting

quiz first prize

Tyne and Wear branch members

Joculator

Atempting to cut the dwarf, cheese and beer battle bread

jonty

Postby Joculator » Sat May 01, 2010 10:29 pm

He he... Spoken like a true gourmet. Next time for the beer and cheese battle bread... use a bigger knife Image
I want to die peacefully in my sleep, just like grandpa. Not screaming and panicking like his passengers.
Joculator

Postby LibrarianK » Sat May 01, 2010 10:55 pm

Love the pictures :D :D :D
Ook
LibrarianK

Postby Mazzie » Sun May 02, 2010 09:55 am

Love the pictures!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you again Jonty, I obviously didn't want to get up too early this morning, hehehehe! You really, really spoiled us with the food and I had a great time :D Liz said the same thing. Though next time you will have to join in on the Wii dance *nods* (My hand's still swollen, LOL!)

Stan's accordion playing was great! Still waiting for these 5:30am morris dancing photos <.<

Too right you won't mention our names Jonty :P (Ooops)
But that quiz was HARD! Damn you :P Mark got 4 points Jonty, and we got 3 :P

Will try to get Liz's video of the cutting of the Stone on youtube or something :)
"The question seldom addressed is where Medusa had snakes. Underarm hair is an even more embarassing problem when it keeps biting the top of the deodorant bottle."
~Soul Music
Mazzie

Postby jonty » Sun May 02, 2010 06:54 pm

Just checked out Stan's website "The Lancre Morris Men" and he has added a flatalists page. The first item ever to appear on there concerns the Tyne and Wear branch of Flatalists.

See here for details http://www.lancre-morris-men.co.uk/plus ... lists.html

While you are there its worth checking out the rest of the website,

Good one Stan :thumbr:
jonty

Postby Mazzie » Sun May 02, 2010 07:32 pm

Have done so already :D Fantastic, Stan! :lol:
"The question seldom addressed is where Medusa had snakes. Underarm hair is an even more embarassing problem when it keeps biting the top of the deodorant bottle."
~Soul Music
Mazzie

Previous

Return to Regional Meetings