Discworld

Tyne and Wear Branch, Summer Day out

Local meetings of the Flatalist Society branches.

Tyne and Wear Branch, Summer Day out

Postby jonty » Sun May 30, 2010 08:46 pm

After having had an ear bashing from our resident Lancre morris man Joculator (Stan) The Tyne and Wear Branch of Flatalists will be having a day out/get together on Saturday 19th June 2010, in Durham City

Venue : The Swan and 3 Cygnets public house
Time: Meet at the venue between 11.30 am and 12.30 pm

We thought , maybe a spot of lunch/snack and a drink at the Swan &3 cygnets, then if the weather permits, a dodge down to the riverside, for a quiz and maybe something else organised Stan.

All welcome , please show willingness to attend in the usual manner below

The List

Jonty, + the wife and Larissa
.Life is a sexually transmitted disease and there is a 100% mortality rate. ~R.D. Laing
jonty

Re: Tyne and Wear Branch, Summer Day out

Postby Joculator » Sun May 30, 2010 10:39 pm

My gast has never been so flabbered...
Sorry mate but you phoned me, remember :D

So, if it stays fine, and there's no reason for it to do otherwise at that time of year, the possibility of a Treasure Hunt around the city with a small prize or three at the end of it all seems a possibility. Considering you can walk anywhere in Durham City in under ten minutes, the clues may have to be a bit tricksy to help pad out the time.

Count us in...

The List

Joculator & Joculatrix
I want to die peacefully in my sleep, just like grandpa. Not screaming and panicking like his passengers.
Joculator

Postby Mazzie » Mon May 31, 2010 06:49 am

The List

Joculator & Joculatrix
Mazzie (with bells on!... not literally!...) will ask Liz
"The question seldom addressed is where Medusa had snakes. Underarm hair is an even more embarassing problem when it keeps biting the top of the deodorant bottle."
~Soul Music
Mazzie

Postby jonty » Mon May 31, 2010 07:00 am

Joculator wrote:My gast has never been so flabbered...

Sorry mate, that comment was meant to be a good thing, but can you stop whipping me with your tongue to get things done, cos I'm not sure where it's been............use a bull whip like everyone else :D
.Life is a sexually transmitted disease and there is a 100% mortality rate. ~R.D. Laing
jonty

Postby Mazzie » Mon May 31, 2010 07:17 am

jonty wrote:
Joculator wrote:My gast has never been so flabbered...

Sorry mate, that comment was meant to be a good thing, but can you stop whipping me with your tongue to get things done, cos I'm not sure where it's been............use a bull whip like everyone else :D

I've been doing my own prodding, so don't feel too bad Jonty :P
"The question seldom addressed is where Medusa had snakes. Underarm hair is an even more embarassing problem when it keeps biting the top of the deodorant bottle."
~Soul Music
Mazzie

Postby Joculator » Mon May 31, 2010 09:04 am

Nah, that wasn't a lashing, mate... It was just a reminder 'cos I thought it was yer age and memory playing tricks on you. Image
I mean, you is the leader which we don't admit to 'aving Image Image Image

So the list stands as...

Joculator & Joculatrix

Do you think it could be worth inviting those 'Southerners' from the York region as well?
I want to die peacefully in my sleep, just like grandpa. Not screaming and panicking like his passengers.
Joculator

Postby jonty » Mon May 31, 2010 10:56 am

Joculator wrote:Do you think it could be worth inviting those 'Southerners' from the York region as well?

Hmmmm! you can try but somwhow I think not! as they have a meeting at Castle Harkin the following day :clown:
jonty

Postby Cara » Mon May 31, 2010 12:52 pm

jonty wrote:
Joculator wrote:Do you think it could be worth inviting those 'Southerners' from the York region as well?

Hmmmm! you can try but somwhow I think not! as they have a meeting at Castle Harkin the following day :clown:

*narrows eyes* I suspect you deliberately picked your date to preclude us from attending.... :lol:
Cara

Postby LibrarianK » Mon May 31, 2010 02:41 pm

Hopefully I can go will ask Steve
Ook
LibrarianK

Postby LibrarianK » Mon May 31, 2010 02:42 pm

onty, + the wife and Larissa
Joculator & Joculatrix
Kim (Hopefully) will check with Steve :D
Ook
LibrarianK

Postby Joculator » Mon May 31, 2010 02:44 pm

Cara wrote:... *narrows eyes* I suspect you deliberately picked your date to preclude us from attending.... :lol:

Honest... it was just an arbitrary date. Well, it was actually chosen because summer traditionally falls on that day in Durham.
Unless out leader, which we don't have, had inside information to the contrary. :mrgreen:
Joculator

Postby jonty » Mon May 31, 2010 03:25 pm

Cara wrote:
jonty wrote:

*narrows eyes* I suspect you deliberately picked your date to preclude us from attending.... :lol:

Honest Cara :( we were not intending to preclude anyone, ask Paul, I was arranging with him to sort out a joint meet,
it was after we finalised the 19th that I checked when the Harkin spit roast was being held. and realised it was the next day. :roll:

You can still come if you want though :wink: After all we are all Flatalist's :thumbl: and it is open to anyone who wants to come
jonty

Postby jonty » Mon May 31, 2010 03:27 pm

Joculator wrote:
Cara wrote:... *narrows eyes* I suspect you deliberately picked your date to preclude us from attending.... :lol:

Honest... it was just an arbitrary date. Well, it was actually chosen because summer traditionally falls on that day in Durham.
Unless out leader, which we don't have, had inside information to the contrary. :mrgreen:

Stop trying to drop me in the brown, smelly sticky stuff!!!! :evil: ( As it happens, I do like Marmite :wink: )
jonty

Postby Joculator » Mon May 31, 2010 03:53 pm

Weren't me guv. Never said a word, guv!
Joculator

Postby Cara » Mon May 31, 2010 04:34 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: If it wasn't for the fact that the bunnies have now moved in, I'd have come up to Durham, booked a hotel for the Saturday night and then gone to Castle Harkin on the way home on Sunday! I've already booked the Monday off work to recover from the Castle Harkin bash :wink:
Cara

Next

Return to Regional Meetings