Discworld

Tyne and Wear Autumnal meet

Local meetings of the Flatalist Society branches.

Tyne and Wear Autumnal meet

Postby jonty » Sat Oct 02, 2010 04:15 pm

After much discussion, The Tyne and Wear Autumnal Meet, Celebrating the first Anniversary of the resurrected Branch, will take place:................

The Venue Jonty’s House

When Saturday 23/10/10

Time 11 am onwards

All are welcome. pm me for details if interested.

Lunch will be provided, attendee's will be PM'd with the menu choice when final numbers are known a week before the meeting.

Please list names of those attending, in the usual manner
.Life is a sexually transmitted disease and there is a 100% mortality rate. ~R.D. Laing
jonty

Re: Tyne and Wear Autumnal meet

Postby jonty » Sat Oct 02, 2010 04:16 pm

Attending..................The List

Jonty
.Life is a sexually transmitted disease and there is a 100% mortality rate. ~R.D. Laing
jonty

Postby Mazzie » Sat Oct 02, 2010 04:39 pm

Jonty
Mazzie... will ask Liz
"The question seldom addressed is where Medusa had snakes. Underarm hair is an even more embarassing problem when it keeps biting the top of the deodorant bottle."
~Soul Music
Mazzie

Postby LibrarianK » Sat Oct 02, 2010 05:21 pm

Jonty
Mazzie... will ask Liz
LibrarianK
Steve
Ook
LibrarianK

Postby Joculator » Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:33 am

Will there be a standard barbie or should I bring road kill ? :shock:

Jonty
Mazzie... will ask Liz
LibrarianK
Steve
Joculator (maybe Joculatrix - depending on whether it's 'Hair Day')
I want to die peacefully in my sleep, just like grandpa. Not screaming and panicking like his passengers.
Joculator

Postby jonty » Sun Oct 03, 2010 05:38 am

Joculator wrote:Will there be a standard barbie or should I bring road kill ? :shock:

Not be a barbi, will be a sit down, knife fork and rammer meal
jonty

Postby bezam » Mon Oct 04, 2010 05:16 pm

Jonty
Mazzie... will ask Liz
LibrarianK
Steve
bezam.....hopefully!
bezam

Postby Mazzie » Sun Oct 10, 2010 09:49 pm

Jonty
Mazzie
Liz (if not working!)
LibrarianK
Steve
bezam.....hopefully!

BTW... will say this now in case anyone's interested. On the night of the 23rd I'm going to see a local folk singer called Bob Fox at the Arts Centre in Washington. He's quite good, has won quite a few national awards. Stan knows who he is :P If anyone fancies coming with it's pay on the door.
"The question seldom addressed is where Medusa had snakes. Underarm hair is an even more embarassing problem when it keeps biting the top of the deodorant bottle."
~Soul Music
Mazzie

Postby LibrarianK » Mon Oct 11, 2010 08:44 pm

Hopefully bringing something to show you, that's all your getting, you may like it, ook
Ook
LibrarianK

Postby jonty » Sat Oct 23, 2010 06:18 pm

Another Successful meeting (In my opinion anyway) a canny curry and chilli, if I say so myself, quiz won by :

1st-Stan ------11, points out of a possible 60
2nd-Marie------71/2 points out of a possible 60

I'll not mention the rest :lol:

Good company and pleasant conversation, Thanks to Kim for supplying a prize for the quiz, and No 41 for the LBEs and the support they give
jonty

Postby Mazzie » Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:55 pm

Thanks to Jonty, our awesome cook and host!!!!!

Though seriously, I dunno how I got any points on that quiz, there was only one question (aside from the wordsearch) I definitely knew the answer to!
~Soul Music
Mazzie

Postby Joculator » Sun Oct 24, 2010 02:28 am

There's very few things that will get me away from the house, or even the keyboard, during October, my busiest month, but Jonty's Tyne and Wear bash is not to be missed at any cost. The hard part is getting your belt pulled back into the original notches afterwards.

Many appreciative belches and let's be honest here... farts, to Jonty's skill in the kitchen, his subtle yet mind stretching questions, and all round chat supplied by everybody.

A bit of an embarassing score for me on the quiz, but it still says WINNER in my eyes. Even if I did hold back again to give the others a chance. :wink:
The prize was well received but it's no fun spending ten minutes up a ladder trying to unlatch a cat clinging upside down to the ceiling. Those whoopee cushions are great, but I'll stick to using it on the mother-in-law's chair in future. :clown:
She's smaller than the cat so it should be easier to get her down 8)

So I've got to set the next quiz? Hmmm ... Well it could well be a digital extravaganza with 100 questions covering at least 10 books. This time it will include pictures as well. So get reading folks... lots of books. Muhahahaha :twisted:

The only problem I experienced was the fact I left some of life's little essentials at Jonty's (phone, fags and bus pass) and had to go across the town and back to retrieve them. Even though I didn't get a chance to go to the local folk club for a few pints and a round or two of Kumbiya, it was still 22:30 when I eventually got home. Don't you just love the 80% reduction in bus services after 18:00... and that's if they can fnd the crews to man them.

Great day, Jonty and many thanks for the hospitality. Don't forget our meeting of the Elucidated Order of Maniacal Mackems next month in Durham. That'll be at the third dark doorway down the second alley (as normal) :D
I want to die peacefully in my sleep, just like grandpa. Not screaming and panicking like his passengers.
Joculator

Postby Mazzie » Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:30 am

Oi, Bob Fox did not sing Kumbiyah! :P

Looking forward to this technowizzical quiz... maybe one day I'll get the chance to write my own. But it doesn't look like it, unless everyone else comes down with the measles simultaneously!
~Soul Music
Mazzie

Postby Joculator » Wed Oct 27, 2010 08:40 am

Fair Warning Notice

The 'Masterclass' quiz will consist of one hundred questions taken from the whole of the Discworld series. The only new bits will be the addition of pictures, film clips and sound clip questions. :twisted:
I'm working on the principal that you either know the answer and will get it straight away or you won't. The answers will only be one or two words long so there won't be too much writing to do.
I will be keeping everyone informed when I eventually get time to catch up on Facebook. Muhahaha!
Joculator

Postby Mazzie » Wed Oct 27, 2010 01:48 pm

Oh no, he's serious...
~Soul Music
Mazzie

Next

Return to Regional Meetings