Discworld

EEB Chairperson 2011 - Nominations

Local meetings of the Flatalist Society branches.

EEB Chairperson 2011 - Nominations

Postby Squigglyx » Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:20 pm

As another year draws to a close, I would like to thank everyone who has attended EEB meetings over the last 12 months. I took on the role as chairperson with more than a little dread following reports from previous chairpersons about what a terrible unruly bunch you all were.

I must say these reports were obviously grossly exaggerated as I found you to be an excellent set of members with no problems at all :D

But, I think it is only fair to give someone else the chance to experience this for themselves so I am opening this thread to accept nominations for the role of EEB Chairperson 2011 .

Thank you all for your support in 2010.

Nominations:
X-Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett
Squigglyx

Re: EEB Chairperson 2011 - Nominations

Postby Colin » Mon Dec 06, 2010 04:50 pm

... QUIET ROUND 'ERE , INNIT ...
Past my 'Sell-By' date.
Elder Grumpy Old Man.
Colin

Postby annebn » Mon Dec 06, 2010 04:59 pm

I would like to nominate Phalarope, who has been active at many of the meetings this year, a very pleasant addition to the EEB and hasn't been chair before.
Humans are always slightly lost. It's a basic characteristic. It explains a lot about them
-Terry Pratchett, Lord and ladies
annebn

Postby annebn » Mon Dec 06, 2010 05:01 pm

Squigglyx wrote:As another year draws to a close, I would like to thank everyone who has attended EEB meetings over the last 12 months. I took on the role as chairperson with more than a little dread following reports from previous chairpersons about what a terrible unruly bunch you all were.

I must say these reports were obviously grossly exaggerated as I found you to be an excellent set of members with no problems at all :D

Shhhh, Peter, they are not supposed to know how easy the job actually is!
Humans are always slightly lost. It's a basic characteristic. It explains a lot about them
-Terry Pratchett, Lord and ladies
annebn

Postby I.B.Igor » Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:19 pm

Seconded on Parlouropey. ....it isnt bad , I did an awful hash of it last year!, thankfully the threatening notes have now stopped!. :lol: ( probably cos pete did this year, and he is a lot more sensible and dosent have imaginary penguins harrassing him,.......god I miss the Ballet cops of Penguins,......sniff!, anyone else remember them?) :?:
Kidney Stones are a thing of the past!, blast them out of your urinary tract with our help!, sponsored by Yorkshire Tea ," we brew it tough ooop North "
I.B.Igor

Postby phalarope » Wed Dec 08, 2010 03:21 am

'nk you Anne & Jackie, but phalarope pleads to beg off as she is technologically challenged. Have no idea how to make Messenger work except to log in and hope. Otherwise would be delighted.
Cheers -
Carol (phalarope)
'The world is full of signals that we don't perceive.' -- Stephen Jay Gould, (1941-2002) paleontologist, evolutionary biologist, science historian

Oysters have 4 lips

phalarope

Postby Squigglyx » Wed Dec 08, 2010 08:39 pm

MSN works just like that.
You log in about 5 mins before meeting is due to start and see who from your friend list is logged in. Click on their name to open a conversation box and then click the invite button to see who else is around and start inviting them in.
When anyone on your list logs on, you will get a message and anyone in the room can invite them.

I think you would make a great chairperson and could even bring your own bird species along to replace the penguins (Sorry Jackie, they weren't on my friend list so I forgot them :( )
Squigglyx

Postby phalarope » Fri Dec 10, 2010 02:13 am

Oh, well, if Icanbringabirdalong that changes the whole scenario. :wink: I accept your kind nomination. :lol:
Cheers -
Carol (phalarope)
'The world is full of signals that we don't perceive.' -- Stephen Jay Gould, (1941-2002) paleontologist, evolutionary biologist, science historian

Oysters have 4 lips

phalarope

Return to Regional Meetings