Discworld

London meeting

Local meetings of the Flatalist Society branches.

London meeting

Postby archerinwood » Wed Feb 16, 2011 04:30 pm

I would like to ask peoples opinion on which event to go to in London. My mum has said there is a possibility I could go to a march meeting. Which meetings have the largest number of members from this forum? I would also love to know any details on the matter i.e. where in London?
I will be playing Thenardier at the Theatre royal in Margate, Kent from 24th July to 28th. If you are in the area at the time please click the link to get more info:
http://www.theatreroyalmargate.com/~the ... %2Fles-misérables

Thanks
User avatar
archerinwood
 
Posts: 1267
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 09:09 pm
Location: Leshp, somewhere under the sea

Re: London meeting

Postby gnomi » Wed Feb 16, 2011 04:35 pm

If you mean discworld meets then the only one I know of is The Broken Drummers (there is a thread on the Kitchen Table.)

I'm not sure if this would be appropriate if you were only going to London for the meet as it's held in a pub, (The Monkey Puzzle, Paddington) and starts at 7PM....
No'-As-Big-As-Medium-Sized-Jock-But-Bigger-Than-Wee-Jock-Jock
User avatar
gnomi
 
Posts: 2470
Joined: Tue Sep 09, 2008 02:22 pm
Location: Essex

Re: London meeting

Postby Frank the Younger » Wed Feb 16, 2011 08:12 pm

Where's Steve when you need him? :)
Grandad III Frank The Younger :-)
User avatar
Frank the Younger
 
Posts: 1694
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2005 03:36 pm
Location: Close to Bexley Woods

Re: London meeting

Postby archerinwood » Wed Feb 16, 2011 08:15 pm

I was going to go with my mum, and I was hoping to go to Steve's meeting. Yet how many people from this forum go to Steve's one
I will be playing Thenardier at the Theatre royal in Margate, Kent from 24th July to 28th. If you are in the area at the time please click the link to get more info:
http://www.theatreroyalmargate.com/~the ... %2Fles-misérables

Thanks
User avatar
archerinwood
 
Posts: 1267
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 09:09 pm
Location: Leshp, somewhere under the sea

Re: London meeting

Postby steeljam » Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:37 pm

Frank the Younger wrote:Where's Steve when you need him? :)
I was in London enjoying myself.
In the next couple of days I will sort out a meeting of the E&L lodge.
Would there be any interest in a Kent side meeting?
Flickr Photos : DW Events : Discworld Stamp Catalogue : Motorcycle diaries
Register your birthday on the forum
X-Clacks-Overhead GNU Terry Pratchett
User avatar
steeljam
Monitor
 
Posts: 17465
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2005 06:54 pm
Location: Welling in Kent

Re: London meeting

Postby Frank the Younger » Thu Feb 17, 2011 01:03 am

steeljam wrote:
Frank the Younger wrote:Where's Steve when you need him? :)
I was in London enjoying myself.
In the next couple of days I will sort out a meeting of the E&L lodge.
Would there be any interest in a Kent side meeting?


Well I would go to both unless it was in deepest Kent (IE Dover way)
Grandad III Frank The Younger :-)
User avatar
Frank the Younger
 
Posts: 1694
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2005 03:36 pm
Location: Close to Bexley Woods

Re: London meeting

Postby Darren » Thu Feb 17, 2011 07:27 am

Would be better for us also - not that we have many free weekend days between now and not so near now...
Grumpy old mod.
User avatar
Darren
Moderator
 
Posts: 8970
Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2005 01:03 pm
Location: Forn parts all too often

Re: London meeting

Postby archerinwood » Thu Feb 17, 2011 04:55 pm

Frank the Younger wrote:
steeljam wrote:
Frank the Younger wrote:Where's Steve when you need him? :)
I was in London enjoying myself.
In the next couple of days I will sort out a meeting of the E&L lodge.
Would there be any interest in a Kent side meeting?


Well I would go to both unless it was in deepest Kent (IE Dover way)


woo.. Dover! yay! sounds good to me Steve.
I will be playing Thenardier at the Theatre royal in Margate, Kent from 24th July to 28th. If you are in the area at the time please click the link to get more info:
http://www.theatreroyalmargate.com/~the ... %2Fles-misérables

Thanks
User avatar
archerinwood
 
Posts: 1267
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 09:09 pm
Location: Leshp, somewhere under the sea

Re: London meeting

Postby ladyramkin » Thu Feb 17, 2011 04:59 pm

I'd go to both too, provided, as Frank says, it isnt too far into Kent. Dover would suit our Charlie though :thumbr:
Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape.
User avatar
ladyramkin
 
Posts: 6260
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2005 05:52 pm
Location: Sidcup, Kent

Re: London meeting

Postby archerinwood » Thu Feb 17, 2011 05:36 pm

ladyramkin wrote:I'd go to both too, provided, as Frank says, it isnt too far into Kent. Dover would suit our Charlie though :thumbr:


who is "our Charlie"? good name though *wink* it would suit me too.
I will be playing Thenardier at the Theatre royal in Margate, Kent from 24th July to 28th. If you are in the area at the time please click the link to get more info:
http://www.theatreroyalmargate.com/~the ... %2Fles-misérables

Thanks
User avatar
archerinwood
 
Posts: 1267
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 09:09 pm
Location: Leshp, somewhere under the sea

Re: London meeting

Postby Colin » Thu Feb 17, 2011 06:50 pm

archerinwood wrote:
ladyramkin wrote:I'd go to both too, provided, as Frank says, it isnt too far into Kent. Dover would suit our Charlie though :thumbr:


who is "our Charlie"? good name though *wink* it would suit me too.


I suspect ladyramkin's "our Charlie" might just be you ... :D
Past my 'Sell-By' date.
Elder Grumpy Old Man.
User avatar
Colin
 
Posts: 7606
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2005 11:06 pm
Location: North Warwickshire

Re: London meeting

Postby archerinwood » Sun Feb 20, 2011 09:46 pm

The Lady wrote:
steeljam wrote:
Frank the Younger wrote:Where's Steve when you need him? :)
I was in London enjoying myself.
In the next couple of days I will sort out a meeting of the E&L lodge.
Would there be any interest in a Kent side meeting?


It would be easier for us to get to a venue south of London.

g'nomi wrote:If you mean discworld meets then the only one I know of is The Broken Drummers (there is a thread on the Kitchen Table.)

I'm not sure if this would be appropriate if you were only going to London for the meet as it's held in a pub, (The Monkey Puzzle, Paddington) and starts at 7PM....


The Essex and London Lodge is also held in a pub. That would not be a problem if your mother was with you but I doubt Monday night would be convenient.


It would be inconvenient but my mum would transport me so she would be with me. I think a weekend night is best...... obviously
I will be playing Thenardier at the Theatre royal in Margate, Kent from 24th July to 28th. If you are in the area at the time please click the link to get more info:
http://www.theatreroyalmargate.com/~the ... %2Fles-misérables

Thanks
User avatar
archerinwood
 
Posts: 1267
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 09:09 pm
Location: Leshp, somewhere under the sea

Re: London meeting

Postby Frank the Younger » Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:24 am

archerinwood wrote:It would be inconvenient but my mum would transport me so she would be with me. I think a weekend night is best...... obviously


The weekends are Sunday lunchtime.
Grandad III Frank The Younger :-)
User avatar
Frank the Younger
 
Posts: 1694
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2005 03:36 pm
Location: Close to Bexley Woods

Re: London meeting

Postby archerinwood » Mon Feb 21, 2011 06:40 pm

Frank the Younger wrote:
archerinwood wrote:It would be inconvenient but my mum would transport me so she would be with me. I think a weekend night is best...... obviously


The weekends are Sunday lunchtime.


sounds good to me.
I will be playing Thenardier at the Theatre royal in Margate, Kent from 24th July to 28th. If you are in the area at the time please click the link to get more info:
http://www.theatreroyalmargate.com/~the ... %2Fles-misérables

Thanks
User avatar
archerinwood
 
Posts: 1267
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 09:09 pm
Location: Leshp, somewhere under the sea


Return to Regional Meetings

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron