Discworld

NORTHERN INSTITUTE 35-BACK TO SKIPTON!14/9/14

Local meetings of the Flatalist Society branches.

Re: NORTHERN INSTITUTE 35-BACK TO SKIPTON!14/9/14

Postby Squigglyx » Sun Sep 14, 2014 09:30 pm

Ooops, was in Skipton, but completely forgot about the meet :oops: Sorry Was at girlfriends son's helping him design a logo for his new business.

I'll do my best to make it next time Maybe I should be added to Cara's reminder list :D
X-Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett

Just Giving Link
Liverpool to Leeds Canal
Ride in aid of Cancer Research
Squigglyx

Postby Pam » Mon Sep 15, 2014 08:53 am

Cara - next time bring a bag big enough for the eggs and I shall make sure you take them home! Heather - enjoy the extra box - doing some baking? Lovely to see everyone again, hopefully I shall be minus gall bladder by the next meet and therefore in a better state. Love to everyone
a.k.a. Fairy Oggmother
Pam

Postby hansolobiker » Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:44 pm

Twas a fine late summers day in Skipton and the gathering gathered together in a gathering. Much was quaffed, supped and imbibed and there was drinking too! We discussed the meaning of life but came to no conclusions other than that some supposed authors should spend less time at Conventions and finish their d***** endless stories! A quiz was set by Demdike. 45 supposedly easy DW questions. Pat only scored 12 and one half but won by a fair margin! Much moaning and scratching of heads but we bought some medicated shampoo! The all day breakfast pies and peas went down well and we finished as we started by going through the door.Here endeth the report.

Perhaps a post Hogswatch,pre Christmas meeting might be arranged. Any thoughts?
....And forgiveness walks at my side!
hansolobiker

Postby Catch-up » Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:47 am

So sorry I missed trying to join in by skype! My excuses: I'm fighting off a bug, it was chaos here, by the time I remembered it was too late, and none of you would have wanted to see me in the state I was in at that time of the morning. :oops: Hopefully another time!
X-Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett
Catch-up

Postby Cara » Sun Sep 21, 2014 07:34 pm

Pam wrote:Cara - next time bring a bag big enough for the eggs and I shall make sure you take them home! Heather - enjoy the extra box - doing some baking? Lovely to see everyone again, hopefully I shall be minus gall bladder by the next meet and therefore in a better state. Love to everyone

Told you my memory was shot!
Heather - I started the wreath today http://www.amazon.co.uk/Cookies-Candy-W ... +felt+kits
Cara

Postby demdike » Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:02 pm

Thats really lovely, do you get patterns or are the pieces dut out already?
I have 8 campervans done :) A friend has pinched me loads of new beer mats to sandwich for my air fresheners.
Death before Dishonour. Nothing before Coffee.
demdike

Postby Cara » Tue Sep 23, 2014 04:41 pm

The pattern is printed on the felt to cut out the shapes. Congratulations on the camper vans are you stopping at 8 or are there more to join the traffic jam?
Cara

Postby demdike » Tue Sep 23, 2014 06:19 pm

I've got 40 :shock: cnd charms for the VW on the front. Up to 18 now :D . They're quite addictive 8)
Hooe you're copying the pstterns before cutting, to, I dunno, sell to a close aquaintance 8)
ps I have Bernard Bear too.
Death before Dishonour. Nothing before Coffee.
demdike

Previous

Return to Regional Meetings