Page 1 of 2

Meeting of a North American Chapter

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:26 pm
by steveastrouk
I am arranging a meet-up in State College, Pa., USA one weekend in June, so far there are 9 of us coming, including Phalarope, Catch-up and Nonny. If anyone else is interested in dates and costs, please PM me.

Re: Meeting of a North American Chapter

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:17 pm
by steveastrouk
steveastrouk wrote:I am arranging a meet-up in State College, Pa., USA one weekend in June, so far there are 9 of us coming, including Phalarope, Catch-up and Nonny. If anyone else is interested in dates and costs, please PM me.


15 so far. The more the merrier.

Re: Meeting of a North American Chapter

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 11:34 pm
by Molokov
Have you got in touch with the people running NADWCON2017 to help you publicise? They might have some sort of mailing list... http://nadwcon2017.org

There's also the entirely separate group North American Discworld Connection - https://www.facebook.com/NADWCon/

Re: Meeting of a North American Chapter

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 11:39 pm
by steveastrouk
Molokov wrote:Have you got in touch with the people running NADWCON2017 to help you publicise? They might have some sort of mailing list... http://nadwcon2017.org

There's also the entirely separate group North American Discworld Connection - https://www.facebook.com/NADWCon/


I might, but the intention isn't to have a convention style event, and its expectations, more a meet-up for NA denizens of the Emporium and similar sites.

Re: Meeting of a North American Chapter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 03:37 am
by steveastrouk
Now with 20 attendees from the UK and USA. More the merrier.

Re: Meeting of a North American Chapter

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 07:41 am
by hansolobiker
3 weeks to go! Get your laughing tackle ready and be prepared for some really hard questions(a quiz a day keeps senility at bay!) See y'all there!

Re: Meeting of a North American Chapter

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 09:26 pm
by steveastrouk
hansolobiker wrote:3 weeks to go! Get your laughing tackle ready and be prepared for some really hard questions(a quiz a day keeps senility at bay!) See y'all there!


Looking forward to seeing you. PM me for my phone number.

Steve

Re: Meeting of a North American Chapter

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 03:37 pm
by Pat
YAY! Got all my urgent last minutes jobs at work done WITH OVER 20 MINUTES TO SPARE!

Out-of-office on!

Phone off!

HHHOOOLLLLLLIIIDDDAAAAAYYYYYYYSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

Re: Meeting of a North American Chapter

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 07:41 pm
by hansolobiker
So you lot, I am currently in Madison,Wisconsin enjoying a long weekend before setting off for the do this week. Been enjoying some of the local hostelries and keeping fed. Where does all that cheese come from? I have a selection of quizzes somewhere in my baggage so hope I can find it. See y'all later.

Re: Meeting of a North American Chapter

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 02:20 am
by phalarope
hansolobiker wrote: Where does all that cheese come from?.
Cheese trees, of course.

Re: Meeting of a North American Chapter

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 01:11 am
by steveastrouk
We HaZ Mr HaRkIN

Re: Meeting of a North American Chapter

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 08:43 am
by Basement
steveastrouk wrote:We HaZ Mr HaRkIN


Any chance that you could keep him? :wink:

Re: Meeting of a North American Chapter

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 08:20 pm
by steveastrouk
Basement wrote:
steveastrouk wrote:We HaZ Mr HaRkIN


Any chance that you could keep him? :wink:


What's it worth ?

Re: Meeting of a North American Chapter

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:11 am
by phalarope
Mr. Harkin has been presented with a Trojan Duck. :lol:

Re: Meeting of a North American Chapter

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:15 am
by Grace Speaker
phalarope wrote:Mr. Harkin has been presented with a Trojan Duck. :lol:
Photos please! :wink: