Discworld

Assassins Guild Three Pence Silver?

General Stamp discussion.

Assassins Guild Three Pence Silver?

Postby HardernTim » Fri Aug 13, 2021 07:14 am

I already wrote about this in the Trading thread, but since I haven't gotten any responses, I hope the Mods won't mind if I try a more direct approach.

I was sure I had purchased the Assassins' Guild 3p Silver sheet. I remember seeing it on the "Endangered" page, and feeling smug that I already have one and don't need to hustle to get it. A recent check of my Guilds stamps album showed me I was wrong*.

All was not lost, however, since I had saved all 4 corners garnered from LBEs, so I could at least display those. But my collector's soul won't let me rest without at least TRYING to make it a complete set.

So I'm asking, if anyone has any side-selvedges** that they'd like to trade or sell me (I realize a spare sheet might be too much to hope for), I would very much like you to get in touch.

* I have THE WORST luck when it comes to Assassins 3p sheets! I JUST missed out buying the 2008 sheet, and now THIS!
** Left, right, up & down - all needed
HardernTim

Re: Assassins Guild Three Pence Silver?

Postby DrWPJT » Fri Oct 08, 2021 04:33 pm

HardernTim wrote:So I'm asking, if anyone has any side-selvedges** that they'd like to trade or sell me (I realize a spare sheet might be too much to hope for), I would very much like you to get in touch.

Not sure if you're still looking, but I have a left side 'mortifi' (row 3, column 1) if you still need it.
DrWPJT

Postby Librarians Apprentice » Fri Oct 08, 2021 06:49 pm

Oook!

Not that I begrudge others looking for sheets, but why is someone re-posting what I wrote in April 2017?

HardernTim added a question mark to the title, and got rid of my initial "Oook", but copy-pasted the rest of my post.
What ape? Oook! :book:
X-Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett
Librarians Apprentice

Postby DrWPJT » Tue Oct 12, 2021 07:47 am

Librarians Apprentice wrote:Oook!

Not that I begrudge others looking for sheets, but why is someone re-posting what I wrote in April 2017?

HardernTim added a question mark to the title, and got rid of my initial "Oook", but copy-pasted the rest of my post.

Huh, very odd.

Well, you did ask first and without resorting to plagiarism so Librarian, do YOU still need the left side 'mortifi'? It's an even older request than I originally thought so hopefully you've managed to complete your sheet by now but if not I'm sure we can come to some arrangement.
DrWPJT

Postby Librarians Apprentice » Thu Oct 14, 2021 07:23 pm

DrWPJT wrote:Huh, very odd.

Well, you did ask first and without resorting to plagiarism so Librarian, do YOU still need the left side 'mortifi'? It's an even older request than I originally thought so hopefully you've managed to complete your sheet by now but if not I'm sure we can come to some arrangement.
Oook!

Thank you, but I managed to purchase the sheet since then.

I just find it odd that someone would keep my comments, along with the main post.

I missed seeing this back in August*, and only noticed it when you wrote back last week.

* Spikey and I moved to our (hopefully) forever home
What ape? Oook! :book:
X-Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett
Librarians Apprentice

Return to The Stamps