Discworld

Sport Spoilers: Post details and comments about sports here.

General Stamp discussion.

Postby Lil'Luggage » Thu Jun 26, 2008 08:59 am

8) Thanks for the scans bezam
Been away from the forum for a wee while. Trying to catch up on what you've all been up to now!
Lil'Luggage

Postby Frank the Younger » Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:18 am

bezam wrote:Here's the 2 differences I could see, first with the stamps side by side as they came out the LBEs here then with the differences highlighted here

Many thanks, I would never have seen that. In fact I can only see the difference in the bottom pair I can't see what is different in the top pair even with your marking.

Now I know I have 2 sports. :-)
Grandad III Frank The Younger :-)
Frank the Younger

Postby jonty » Thu Jun 26, 2008 02:32 pm

bezam wrote:Here's the 2 differences I could see, first with the stamps side by side as they came out the LBEs here then with the differences highlighted here

Ian , look at the right hand "p" ( of the 1p) on the top left stamp
jonty

Postby bezam » Thu Jun 26, 2008 02:42 pm

jonty wrote:

Ahh! I was looking at the shading. I can't get a clear enough zoom-in image at the moment (I'll maybe have to try and scan again). Look at the background shading (if you can zoom in); it's made up of a sort of cross-hatcing/horizontal lines. On the lower part of the top left stamp they go from far apart, to close together, to further apart again; light-dark-light. On the common stamp, this is reversed.

I've got a sheet of commons and there is no similar change in the background betweeen each stamp on the sheet and I feel it looks deliberate.

Any thoughts?
bezam

Postby Catch-up » Thu Jun 26, 2008 05:08 pm

Thanks for the scans! :D I think I can see the differences you've pointed out, especially the P. I haven't got mine yet. :(
X-Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett
Catch-up

Postby jonty » Thu Jun 26, 2008 06:26 pm

bezam wrote:
jonty wrote:

Ahh! I was looking at the shading. I can't get a clear enough zoom-in image at the moment (I'll maybe have to try and scan again). Look at the background shading (if you can zoom in); it's made up of a sort of cross-hatcing/horizontal lines. On the lower part of the top left stamp they go from far apart, to close together, to further apart again; light-dark-light. On the common stamp, this is reversed.

I've got a sheet of commons and there is no similar change in the background betweeen each stamp on the sheet and I feel it looks deliberate.

Any thoughts?

Dunno mate, until I see it, try 600dpi when you scan again, so we can see the shading proper
jonty

Postby Frank the Younger » Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:17 pm

Seems my 2 are both the button(?) moved sport not the wonky P.
Frank the Younger

Postby stampscat » Fri Jun 27, 2008 08:35 am

The "wonk p" I have has different shading as well. I don't have the "outie" sport yet.
stampscat

Postby Frank the Younger » Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:22 am

stampscat wrote:The "wonk p" I have has different shading as well. I don't have the "outie" sport yet.

Why "outie"? I don't understand. :oops:
Frank the Younger

Postby Squigglyx » Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:27 am

I guess Stampscat is reffering to the classification of belly buttons which can be described as either "innies", the belly button is in a depression, or "outies", the belly button sticks out :D
Squigglyx

Postby Frank the Younger » Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:29 am

Squigglyx wrote:I guess Stampscat is reffering to the classification of belly buttons which can be described as either "innies", the belly button is in a depression, or "outies", the belly button sticks out :D

Must admit I had never heard of that.
Frank the Younger

Postby stampscat » Fri Jun 27, 2008 02:33 pm

Squigglyx wrote:I guess Stampscat is reffering to the classification of belly buttons which can be described as either "innies", the belly button is in a depression, or "outies", the belly button sticks out :D

yep. :lol:
stampscat

Postby bezam » Fri Jun 27, 2008 06:56 pm

Here's another scan of the shading on the stamps (common on left, sport on right) which will hopefully show the difference a bit better.

Plus, I'm glad someone else can also see it in the flesh as it were!
bezam

Postby jim.and » Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:07 pm

bezam wrote:Here's another scan of the shading on the stamps (common on left, sport on right) which will hopefully show the difference a bit better.

I have what appears to be the shading sport but without the wonky P HERE. The stamp with the different shading is on the right.

jim.and

Postby simone » Thu Jul 17, 2008 04:29 pm

jim.and wrote:
bezam wrote:Here's another scan of the shading on the stamps (common on left, sport on right) which will hopefully show the difference a bit better.

I have what appears to be the shading sport but without the wonky P HERE. The stamp with the different shading is on the right.

Have a full sheet and shading seems to vary within the sheet, so i wouldn't be declaring a new sport just yet, but if you have a good one scan it and let the experts decide. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
In wine there is wisdom, In beer there is freedom, In water there is bacteria.
simone

PreviousNext

Return to The Stamps