Discworld

Sport Spoilers: Post details and comments about sports here.

General Stamp discussion.

Sport Spoilers

Postby Brian » Sat Sep 06, 2008 05:09 am

Thanks for the pictures of emerging sports in the new Merchants Guild Buildings $1 and $2. Now that I know where to look I,m convinced that I have 6 all-different variations of the $1 (including the 'noseless patrician' variant. Other variants relate to the line engraving in the bottom right corner and to the amunt of 'ash' in the chimney smoke shading of the chimney below the letters OS in POST.
Good hunting to all. Regards
Brian (of the Antipodes).
Brian

Re: Sport Spoilers

Postby Doc Brown » Sat Sep 06, 2008 08:53 pm

Brian wrote:Thanks for the pictures of emerging sports in the new Merchants Guild Buildings $1 and $2. Now that I know where to look I,m convinced that I have 6 all-different variations of the $1 (including the 'noseless patrician' variant. Other variants relate to the line engraving in the bottom right corner and to the amunt of 'ash' in the chimney smoke shading of the chimney below the letters OS in POST.
Good hunting to all. Regards
Brian (of the Antipodes).

Due to the printing process used for these (one that I quite like) there is quite a variation from stamp to stamp, I have a sheet of each and can find a 'difference' in every stamp :lol:
Doc Brown

Postby Muba » Sat Sep 06, 2008 09:22 pm

Doc Brown wrote:Due to the printing process used for these (one that I quite like) there is quite a variation from stamp to stamp, I have a sheet of each and can find a 'difference' in every stamp :lol:

Have you detected any true sports yet Doc :?:
Muba

Postby Doc Brown » Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:55 am

Muba wrote:
Doc Brown wrote:Due to the printing process used for these (one that I quite like) there is quite a variation from stamp to stamp, I have a sheet of each and can find a 'difference' in every stamp :lol:

Yup the two patrician variations previously mentioned (one looking down his nose at what he sees and the other turning his back on the whole building :wink: )
Doc Brown

Postby AshloreDarkShadow » Sun Sep 07, 2008 01:39 pm

Doc Brown wrote:
Muba wrote:

Yup the two patrician variations previously mentioned (one looking down his nose at what he sees and the other turning his back on the whole building :wink: )

I got one yesterday -
2 in the same LBE -
His neck is horizontal - rather than on the diagonal...
If that makes sense
:D
AshloreDarkShadow

Postby catrine » Sun Sep 07, 2008 09:07 pm

AshloreDarkShadow wrote:
Doc Brown wrote:
Muba wrote:

I got one yesterday -
2 in the same LBE -
His neck is horizontal - rather than on the diagonal...
If that makes sense
:D

i see differences to

Buy the sheet then u got them all
To get is just brill - but to give is so much more fun - I think that's how the saying goes.
catrine

Postby Muba » Wed Sep 10, 2008 02:06 pm

Doc Brown wrote:
Muba wrote:

I quite agree on the printing process differences. There are noticeable differences between stamps, but as these seem different on every stamp they are not sports.
I think the 'noseless' patrician variation is also a printing artefact. I have stamps with a full nose, part nose and no nose.

The true sports do lie in the Patrician's head however. On the $1 his head is tilted backwards, and on the $2 it is reversed. This is visible on the sheet picture on the Emporium web site - row 3 column 3. Hence we should refer to 'Tilted' head and 'Reversed' Head for these two sports.
Muba

Postby Doc Brown » Wed Sep 10, 2008 05:51 pm

Muba wrote:The true sports do lie in the Patrician's head however. On the $1 his head is tilted backwards, and on the $2 it is reversed. This is visible on the sheet picture on the Emporium web site - row 3 column 3. Hence we should refer to 'Tilted' head and 'Reversed' Head for these two sports.
I think you'll find that was us agreeing :wink: although I prefer the 'stuck up Patrician'. :lol:
Doc Brown

Postby Lil'Luggage » Fri Sep 12, 2008 05:57 pm

Doc Brown wrote:
Muba wrote:The true sports do lie in the Patrician's head however. On the $1 his head is tilted backwards, and on the $2 it is reversed. This is visible on the sheet picture on the Emporium web site - row 3 column 3. Hence we should refer to 'Tilted' head and 'Reversed' Head for these two sports.
I think you'll find that was us agreeing :wink: although I prefer the 'stuck up Patrician'. :lol:

:lol:

I rather like the 'stuck up' Patrician and how about the 'contemptuous' Patrician for the $2?
Been away from the forum for a wee while. Trying to catch up on what you've all been up to now!
Lil'Luggage

Sto Helit 1p sheet with NO sports???

Postby phalarope » Wed Sep 24, 2008 01:47 am

Am I cursed? I've bought the entire sheet and have pored over it at least 6 times with the magnifier - no wonky p and no outie button. :( Any hints as to where on the sheet these occur?
phalarope

Re: Sto Helit 1p sheet with NO sports???

Postby Frank the Younger » Wed Sep 24, 2008 07:23 am

phalarope wrote:Am I cursed? I've bought the entire sheet and have pored over it at least 6 times with the magnifier - no wonky p and no outie button. :( Any hints as to where on the sheet these occur?

They don't.
Grandad III Frank The Younger :-)
Frank the Younger

Postby stampscat » Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:40 am

phalarope wrote:Am I cursed? I've bought the entire sheet and have pored over it at least 6 times with the magnifier - no wonky p and no outie button. :( Any hints as to where on the sheet these occur?

From the Website Announcements section (copies of the mailing list emails):

...sports of the 1p will only appear in LBEs, starting with the summertime LBE which will be released in the last week in June...
stampscat

Postby phalarope » Wed Sep 24, 2008 01:19 pm

Oh, right. Mind like a sieve these days....... :oops: Oh well, good for GCTS :)

stampscat wrote:

From the Website Announcements section (copies of the mailing list emails):

...sports of the 1p will only appear in LBEs, starting with the summertime LBE which will be released in the last week in June...
phalarope

Postby Courtney Jester » Wed Sep 24, 2008 01:27 pm

Well, not wishing to be too smug, I found both 1P sports in the same LBE - must be beginners luck :D

But to make up for it, I just received 10 LBE's and not one sport anywhere.......oh well, back to normal :?

I must not buy anymore LBE's, I must not buy anymore LBE's, I must not buy anymore LBE's, I must not buy anymore LBE's.....

keep looking :!:
'I am probably in the sky, flying with the fishes. Or maybe in the ocean, swimming with the pigeons... See, my world is different' - Lil Wayne
Courtney Jester

Postby stampscat » Wed Sep 24, 2008 02:19 pm

Courtney Jester wrote:I must not buy anymore LBE's, I must not buy anymore LBE's, I must not buy anymore LBE's, I must not buy anymore LBE's.....

:lol:

Doesn't work.... I always end up buying just one more
stampscat

PreviousNext

Return to The Stamps