Discworld

Organizing your collection

General Stamp discussion.

Re: Organizing your collection

Postby Muba » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:34 pm

Catch-up wrote: The nice thing about them is that it's easy to add pages, move pages around, and leave space for things I'm still trying to get.

Whatever you choose, that is an important factor. There's always something else.
You are welcome at The Discworld Stamp Collector on FaceBook and The Discworld Stamp Collector web site which has in-depth reviews of some issues and collectable items.
Muba

Postby Librarians Apprentice » Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:11 am

Oook!

That was a problem I had with my first album - it does have a way to add more leafs (leaves?), but they're wider than the standard A4 size. This is a plus since I can get two FCDs on each page - four if I don't want to display the back of the envelopes - but bad because I'd run out of inserts, so I need to start looking into albums designed for envelopes :?

The newer stock-books (albums?) are 4-ring binders, so I can put in either divided lea... inserts, or plastic A4 sleeves.

But the biggest (pun intended) problem is sheets like the UU Penny Farthing sheet or the Clacks sheets (I got a Pseudopolis sheet as a prize :D ), which are longer than an A4. :lol: Not to criticize any Artificers, but what was someone thinking when they came up with things that size without Artificing a suitable storage receptacle?
What ape? Oook! :book:
X-Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett
Librarians Apprentice

Postby Librarians Apprentice » Thu Jul 06, 2017 05:00 am

Oook!

For the past couple of months I've been taking an hour here and an hour there to sort through all my spares & extras (stamps & even whole sheets from LBEs & bulk purchases), and here is the document I've compiled. It's still a work-in-progress*, but it's currently got about 70% of my spares typed in.

Now I'm trying to decide if I can just share it directly in the "Trading" thread, or if I'll have to make some sort of overall list - right now, everything's sorted by location in albums/boxes, rather than say... year/ theme /anything remotely resembling logic...

* I still have the second green box & the blue zipper-folder-thing where I keep most of my complete sheets
Librarians Apprentice

Postby steeljam » Thu Jul 06, 2017 01:04 pm

Librarians Apprentice wrote:Oook!
But the biggest (pun intended) problem is sheets like the UU Penny Farthing sheet or the Clacks sheets (I got a Pseudopolis sheet as a prize :D ), which are longer than an A4. :lol: Not to criticize any Artificers, but what was someone thinking when they came up with things that size without Artificing a suitable storage receptacle?
You must remember that the early sheet sizes were based on Imperial Measure as laid down by the Lings of Ankh-Morpork.
To ensure people didn't think they had small hands and other appendages they adjusted measurements; It is believed Imperial Foot was based on a clown's shoe the King had lying around.
I use an A3 rind binder to store the larger sheets.
Flickr Photos : DW Events : Discworld Stamp Catalogue : Motorcycle diaries
Register your birthday on the forum
X-Clacks-Overhead GNU Terry Pratchett
steeljam
Monitor

Postby Librarians Apprentice » Fri Jul 07, 2017 03:26 pm

Oook!

I was trying to get the Emporiumites to come with their own brand of A3 folder, for nearly 7 years this is the only reaction that post has gotten :lol:
Librarians Apprentice

Postby steeljam » Fri Jul 07, 2017 08:24 pm

I was trying to get the Emporiumites to come with their own brand of A3 folder, for nearly 7 years this is the only reaction that post has gotten :lol:

Unfortunately, it is a matter of scale. Unless you can guarantee to buy a couple of hundred they are not going to break even.
You could always design and create a cover for an A3 folder.
steeljam
Monitor

Postby Librarians Apprentice » Sun Jul 09, 2017 01:00 pm

steeljam wrote:

Unfortunately, it is a matter of scale. Unless you can guarantee to buy a couple of hundred they are not going to break even.

Oook!

This sounds familiar - somewhere in these past 7 years I'm pretty sure we've already discussed this in some other thread.

Have I mentioned that you're responding to the post I wrote in 2010, rather than the one I made earlier this week?
Librarians Apprentice

Postby steeljam » Sun Jul 09, 2017 06:33 pm

Librarians Apprentice wrote:
steeljam wrote:

Oook!
This sounds familiar - somewhere in these past 7 years I'm pretty sure we've already discussed this in some other thread.
Glad to know I am at least consistent in my responses.
Librarians Apprentice wrote:Have I mentioned that you're responding to the post I wrote in 2010, rather than the one I made earlier this week?
Nope. You definitely posted the above on 7 Jul 17 15:26:23
steeljam
Monitor

Postby Librarians Apprentice » Mon Jul 10, 2017 05:44 am

:roll:
Librarians Apprentice