Discworld

Stamp Catalogue

General Stamp discussion.

Re: Stamp Catalogue

Postby steeljam » Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:11 am

Kelshandra wrote:I'm late to the party but Steve, your Stamp catalogue is AWESOME! And I fully agree and understand with the need to draw lines somewhere such as with perforations and such. I know only too well how hard it can be to keep track of things at the best of times without having the task of keeping track of little details like perforations or print colour variations!
One stamp that seems missing is the Discworld convention 2006 stamp (Fools Guild little sticky bits). I only notice because I found my sheet the other day and want to break it up for the single stamp and can't remember if there is a sport or not :P
Thanks. Praise indeed considering the great site you created.
I dithered with this and some other stamps and decided they were not true Discworld stamps.
When I get the time I will do the other stamps Bernard has issued and which will include the Convention stamps under Cinderellas.
Flickr Photos : DW Events : Discworld Stamp Catalogue : Motorcycle diaries
Register your birthday on the forum
X-Clacks-Overhead GNU Terry Pratchett
steeljam
Monitor

Postby Muba » Fri Jun 18, 2010 01:37 pm

steeljam wrote:
Kelshandra wrote:I'm late to the party but Steve, your Stamp catalogue is AWESOME! And I fully agree and understand with the need to draw lines somewhere such as with perforations and such. I know only too well how hard it can be to keep track of things at the best of times without having the task of keeping track of little details like perforations or print colour variations!
One stamp that seems missing is the Discworld convention 2006 stamp (Fools Guild little sticky bits). I only notice because I found my sheet the other day and want to break it up for the single stamp and can't remember if there is a sport or not :P
I dithered with this and some other stamps and decided they were not true Discworld stamps.
When I get the time I will do the other stamps Bernard has issued and which will include the Convention stamps under Cinderellas.

Then there's the Stamps on Post from Wincanton. There is a good complete list of these in the thread of that name here. Hard to omit some of them as they do have DW connections like the Naming of the Streets, while all of them can be classed as for use on DW Consulate mail.
You are welcome at The Discworld Stamp Collector on FaceBook and The Discworld Stamp Collector web site which has in-depth reviews of some issues and collectable items.
Muba

Postby steeljam » Fri Jun 18, 2010 01:46 pm

Muba wrote:
steeljam wrote:

Then there's the Stamps on Post from Wincanton. There is a good complete list of these in the thread of that name here. Hard to omit some of them as they do have DW connections like the Naming of the Streets, while all of them can be classed as for use on DW Consulate mail.
As far as I am concerned they are not true Discworld stamps issued by a Discworld region and therefore I do not consider them as part of the Discworld stamp. They will appear in the Real World Cinderellas section.
steeljam
Monitor

Postby Muba » Fri Jun 18, 2010 01:51 pm

steeljam wrote:
Muba wrote:Then there's the Stamps on Post from Wincanton. There is a good complete list of these in the thread of that name here. Hard to omit some of them as they do have DW connections like the Naming of the Streets, while all of them can be classed as for use on DW Consulate mail.
As far as I am concerned they are not true Discworld stamps issued by a Discworld region and therefore I do not consider them as part of the Discworld stamp. They will appear in the Real World Cinderellas section.

That would be fine by me. It would be good to see a listing of these anywhere. Is this where the Gaspode charity issue, and the Nation stamps would go too?
You are welcome at The Discworld Stamp Collector on FaceBook and The Discworld Stamp Collector web site which has in-depth reviews of some issues and collectable items.
Muba

Postby steeljam » Fri Jun 18, 2010 02:42 pm

Muba wrote:
steeljam wrote:
Muba wrote:Then there's the Stamps on Post from Wincanton. There is a good complete list of these in the thread of that name here. Hard to omit some of them as they do have DW connections like the Naming of the Streets, while all of them can be classed as for use on DW Consulate mail.

That would be fine by me. It would be good to see a listing of these anywhere. Is this where the Gaspode charity issue, and the Nation stamps would go too?
Yes. When I can get around to it. I would welcome any help in cataloguing and documenting them.
steeljam
Monitor

Postby steeljam » Sun Jun 20, 2010 06:08 pm

5p Postage Due - Blue
Does anyone have a record of when this stamp was issued?
It was possibly first released with the 5th Anniversary LBE in July 2009.
steeljam
Monitor

Postby Muba » Sun Jun 20, 2010 06:34 pm

steeljam wrote:5p Postage Due - Blue

I have it as July 2009 so must have been in the 5th Birthday LBE
Muba

Postby Joolz » Sun Jun 20, 2010 09:07 pm

Muba wrote:
Yes, that's definitely correct for date and LBE but I'm not sure I'd call it blue (although I am always a bit tentative on this due to my colour-blindness but blue isn't really my problem area) - the 3p postage due is certainly blue but I'd call the 5p postage due more sort of grey to be honest.
Last edited by Joolz on Sun Jun 20, 2010 09:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
X-Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett
Joolz

Postby steeljam » Sun Jun 20, 2010 09:11 pm

Thanks- that will allow me to update the catalogue.
steeljam
Monitor

Postby Muba » Sun Jun 20, 2010 09:21 pm

Joolz wrote:
Muba wrote:
Yes, that's definitely correct for date and LBE but I'm not sure I'd call it blue (although I am always a bit tentative on this due to my colour-blindness but blue isn't really my problem area) - the 3p postage due is certainly blue but I'd call the 5p postage due more sort of grey to be honest.

I have it as grey too
Muba

Postby steeljam » Mon Jun 21, 2010 08:02 am

Muba wrote:I have it as grey too
Which is what I noticed when I got the scan. I told you I was going Stamp Blind. :?
steeljam
Monitor

Postby Muba » Mon Jun 21, 2010 09:53 pm

steeljam wrote:
Which is what I noticed when I got the scan. I told you I was going Stamp Blind. :?

Never admit to things like that. Call it grey-blue colour
Muba

Postby steeljam » Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:42 am

Muba wrote:
steeljam wrote:

Never admit to things like that. Call it grey-blue colour
or Blue-Grey :D
steeljam
Monitor

Postby steeljam » Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:56 pm

New updates to the Discworld Stamp Catalogue
I have updated and amended the stamp details with the information I received from you all. Thanks.
I have amended the stamp information to include additional images, such as the backs of the Assassins' stamps.
I have added the 8 pence pseudopolis overprint (from the Letters to Pseudopolis series).
I have added an index containing all the keywords I could think of. If you have others let me know.
steeljam
Monitor

Postby Muba » Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:20 pm

steeljam wrote:I have added the 8 pence pseudopolis overprint (from the Letters to Pseudopolis series).

Where is this listed Steve. Its not coming up in the (fantastic) index
Muba

PreviousNext

Return to The Stamps