Page 3 of 78

Re: Stamp Catalogue

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:11 am
by steeljam
Kelshandra wrote:I'm late to the party but Steve, your Stamp catalogue is AWESOME! And I fully agree and understand with the need to draw lines somewhere such as with perforations and such. I know only too well how hard it can be to keep track of things at the best of times without having the task of keeping track of little details like perforations or print colour variations!
One stamp that seems missing is the Discworld convention 2006 stamp (Fools Guild little sticky bits). I only notice because I found my sheet the other day and want to break it up for the single stamp and can't remember if there is a sport or not :P
Thanks. Praise indeed considering the great site you created.
I dithered with this and some other stamps and decided they were not true Discworld stamps.
When I get the time I will do the other stamps Bernard has issued and which will include the Convention stamps under Cinderellas.

Re: Stamp Catalogue

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 01:37 pm
by Muba
steeljam wrote:
Kelshandra wrote:I'm late to the party but Steve, your Stamp catalogue is AWESOME! And I fully agree and understand with the need to draw lines somewhere such as with perforations and such. I know only too well how hard it can be to keep track of things at the best of times without having the task of keeping track of little details like perforations or print colour variations!
One stamp that seems missing is the Discworld convention 2006 stamp (Fools Guild little sticky bits). I only notice because I found my sheet the other day and want to break it up for the single stamp and can't remember if there is a sport or not :P
Thanks. Praise indeed considering the great site you created.
I dithered with this and some other stamps and decided they were not true Discworld stamps.
When I get the time I will do the other stamps Bernard has issued and which will include the Convention stamps under Cinderellas.


Then there's the Stamps on Post from Wincanton. There is a good complete list of these in the thread of that name here. Hard to omit some of them as they do have DW connections like the Naming of the Streets, while all of them can be classed as for use on DW Consulate mail.

Re: Stamp Catalogue

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 01:46 pm
by steeljam
Muba wrote:
steeljam wrote:
Kelshandra wrote:I'm late to the party but Steve, your Stamp catalogue is AWESOME! And I fully agree and understand with the need to draw lines somewhere such as with perforations and such. I know only too well how hard it can be to keep track of things at the best of times without having the task of keeping track of little details like perforations or print colour variations!
One stamp that seems missing is the Discworld convention 2006 stamp (Fools Guild little sticky bits). I only notice because I found my sheet the other day and want to break it up for the single stamp and can't remember if there is a sport or not :P
Thanks. Praise indeed considering the great site you created.
I dithered with this and some other stamps and decided they were not true Discworld stamps.
When I get the time I will do the other stamps Bernard has issued and which will include the Convention stamps under Cinderellas.

Then there's the Stamps on Post from Wincanton. There is a good complete list of these in the thread of that name here. Hard to omit some of them as they do have DW connections like the Naming of the Streets, while all of them can be classed as for use on DW Consulate mail.
As far as I am concerned they are not true Discworld stamps issued by a Discworld region and therefore I do not consider them as part of the Discworld stamp. They will appear in the Real World Cinderellas section.

Re: Stamp Catalogue

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 01:51 pm
by Muba
steeljam wrote:
Muba wrote:Then there's the Stamps on Post from Wincanton. There is a good complete list of these in the thread of that name here. Hard to omit some of them as they do have DW connections like the Naming of the Streets, while all of them can be classed as for use on DW Consulate mail.
As far as I am concerned they are not true Discworld stamps issued by a Discworld region and therefore I do not consider them as part of the Discworld stamp. They will appear in the Real World Cinderellas section.


That would be fine by me. It would be good to see a listing of these anywhere. Is this where the Gaspode charity issue, and the Nation stamps would go too?

Re: Stamp Catalogue

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 02:42 pm
by steeljam
Muba wrote:
steeljam wrote:
Muba wrote:Then there's the Stamps on Post from Wincanton. There is a good complete list of these in the thread of that name here. Hard to omit some of them as they do have DW connections like the Naming of the Streets, while all of them can be classed as for use on DW Consulate mail.
As far as I am concerned they are not true Discworld stamps issued by a Discworld region and therefore I do not consider them as part of the Discworld stamp. They will appear in the Real World Cinderellas section.


That would be fine by me. It would be good to see a listing of these anywhere. Is this where the Gaspode charity issue, and the Nation stamps would go too?
Yes. When I can get around to it. I would welcome any help in cataloguing and documenting them.

Re: Stamp Catalogue

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 06:08 pm
by steeljam
5p Postage Due - Blue
Does anyone have a record of when this stamp was issued?
It was possibly first released with the 5th Anniversary LBE in July 2009.

Re: Stamp Catalogue

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 06:34 pm
by Muba
steeljam wrote:5p Postage Due - Blue
Does anyone have a record of when this stamp was issued?
It was possibly first released with the 5th Anniversary LBE in July 2009.


I have it as July 2009 so must have been in the 5th Birthday LBE

Re: Stamp Catalogue

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 09:07 pm
by Joolz
Muba wrote:
steeljam wrote:5p Postage Due - Blue
Does anyone have a record of when this stamp was issued?
It was possibly first released with the 5th Anniversary LBE in July 2009.
I have it as July 2009 so must have been in the 5th Birthday LBE
Yes, that's definitely correct for date and LBE but I'm not sure I'd call it blue (although I am always a bit tentative on this due to my colour-blindness but blue isn't really my problem area) - the 3p postage due is certainly blue but I'd call the 5p postage due more sort of grey to be honest.

Re: Stamp Catalogue

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 09:11 pm
by steeljam
Thanks- that will allow me to update the catalogue.

Re: Stamp Catalogue

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 09:21 pm
by Muba
Joolz wrote:
Muba wrote:
steeljam wrote:5p Postage Due - Blue
Does anyone have a record of when this stamp was issued?
It was possibly first released with the 5th Anniversary LBE in July 2009.
I have it as July 2009 so must have been in the 5th Birthday LBE
Yes, that's definitely correct for date and LBE but I'm not sure I'd call it blue (although I am always a bit tentative on this due to my colour-blindness but blue isn't really my problem area) - the 3p postage due is certainly blue but I'd call the 5p postage due more sort of grey to be honest.


I have it as grey too

Re: Stamp Catalogue

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 08:02 am
by steeljam
Muba wrote:I have it as grey too
Which is what I noticed when I got the scan. I told you I was going Stamp Blind. :?

Re: Stamp Catalogue

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 09:53 pm
by Muba
steeljam wrote:
Muba wrote:I have it as grey too
Which is what I noticed when I got the scan. I told you I was going Stamp Blind. :?


Never admit to things like that. Call it grey-blue colour

Re: Stamp Catalogue

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:42 am
by steeljam
Muba wrote:
steeljam wrote:
Muba wrote:I have it as grey too
Which is what I noticed when I got the scan. I told you I was going Stamp Blind. :?

Never admit to things like that. Call it grey-blue colour
or Blue-Grey :D

Re: Stamp Catalogue

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:56 pm
by steeljam
New updates to the Discworld Stamp Catalogue
I have updated and amended the stamp details with the information I received from you all. Thanks.
I have amended the stamp information to include additional images, such as the backs of the Assassins' stamps.
I have added the 8 pence pseudopolis overprint (from the Letters to Pseudopolis series).
I have added an index containing all the keywords I could think of. If you have others let me know.

Re: Stamp Catalogue

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:20 pm
by Muba
steeljam wrote:I have added the 8 pence pseudopolis overprint (from the Letters to Pseudopolis series).


Where is this listed Steve. Its not coming up in the (fantastic) index