Discworld

Stamp Catalogue

General Stamp discussion.

Re: Stamp Catalogue

Postby steeljam » Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:37 am

Muba wrote:
steeljam wrote:I have decided what to do with the Lawyers' Guild stamps. Both sets will be renamed Lawyers' Guild.

However this is not the reason for my post.
I have a more pressing problem.

That nice chap Keith (Sailor Return) has kindly pointed out I have made an error.
I have recorded a Tobacco and Snuff Seven Ha'penny Duty Paid stamp as being issued on 1st August 2009 and being available in Journal 19.
I checked and Keith is right. I said he was a nice chap didn't I?

The stamp available in the journal was 7½p Duty Paid stamp.
So when and from where did the Tobacco and Snuff 7p (not 7½p) Duty Paid stamp appear?


This 7p stamp was issued in Nov 09 and only available with the Football Trading Cards available on Amazon
The Duty stamp from the tobacco wrapper was a 1d black on green and was issued in April 05. It also appered insome LBEs
The 7½p was specifically a hat duty stamp
Sorry
I am even more confused now. Which came with Journal 19?
Flickr Photos : DW Events : Discworld Stamp Catalogue : Motorcycle diaries
Register your birthday on the forum
X-Clacks-Overhead GNU Terry Pratchett
User avatar
steeljam
Monitor
 
Posts: 17629
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2005 06:54 pm
Location: Welling in Kent

Re: Stamp Catalogue

Postby Chip » Thu Jul 15, 2010 01:10 am

The 7½p duty paid stamp came with Journal 19.
The 7p Tobacco and Snuff Duty stamp did come with the Football Trading Cards as stated.
The 1p black on green stamp Muba mentioned came in the Perforator's Porter envelope I believe.

The 7p actually says "Tobacco & Snuff Duty Paid." The 1p and 7½p just say "Duty Paid."

Hope this helps :thumbl:
User avatar
Chip
 
Posts: 62
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2007 11:55 pm
Location: New Jersey, USA

Re: Stamp Catalogue

Postby steeljam » Thu Jul 15, 2010 04:12 pm

Still working on the amendments.
I have uploaded the details on the two new issues.
Penny Patrican Sixth Anniversary
$1 Clacks Post Paid Koom Valley
Flickr Photos : DW Events : Discworld Stamp Catalogue : Motorcycle diaries
Register your birthday on the forum
X-Clacks-Overhead GNU Terry Pratchett
User avatar
steeljam
Monitor
 
Posts: 17629
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2005 06:54 pm
Location: Welling in Kent

Re: Stamp Catalogue

Postby phalarope » Thu Jul 15, 2010 05:44 pm

Nothing happens when I click on the Differences link for sports. Is this a 'Feature Yet To Come'?
Cheers -
Carol (phalarope)
'The world is full of signals that we don't perceive.' -- Stephen Jay Gould, (1941-2002) paleontologist, evolutionary biologist, science historian

Oysters have 4 lips

X-Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett
User avatar
phalarope
 
Posts: 4245
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2005 12:20 am
Location: St. Michaels, County of Talbot, Maryland, USA

Re: Stamp Catalogue

Postby steeljam » Thu Jul 15, 2010 06:06 pm

phalarope wrote:Nothing happens when I click on the Differences link for sports. Is this a 'Feature Yet To Come'?

It should come up in a pop-up window. Have you got pop-ups blocked?
Can you view the stamps full sized? They use the same script.
Flickr Photos : DW Events : Discworld Stamp Catalogue : Motorcycle diaries
Register your birthday on the forum
X-Clacks-Overhead GNU Terry Pratchett
User avatar
steeljam
Monitor
 
Posts: 17629
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2005 06:54 pm
Location: Welling in Kent

Re: Stamp Catalogue

Postby Skaven » Thu Jul 15, 2010 06:08 pm

steeljam wrote:Still working on the amendments.
I have uploaded the details on the two new issues.
Penny Patrican Sixth Anniversary
$1 Clacks Post Paid Koom Valley



Name: $1 Clacks Post Paid Koom Valley
Type: Common
SHS Ref: SHS-KV0220-Aw
Released: 19 July 2010
Withdrawn: Still available
Size (mm): 32 wide by 40 high
Price:
Perf: Wincanton 10cm
Availability: AM Consulate Passport
Sheet: No

Is this info correct? I was led to believe these stamps where exclusive to the 6th birthday LBE only, therefore, no longer available. Also, whats the AM consulate passport?

Also, the $1 Explorer - Sir Roderick Purdeigh, i believe you have the sport/common the wrong way round. I think the sport, has 2 parrots, and the common only 1. If not, i have about 10 sports, and 1 common :thumbr:

steeljam wrote:
phalarope wrote:Nothing happens when I click on the Differences link for sports. Is this a 'Feature Yet To Come'?

It should come up in a pop-up window. Have you got pop-ups blocked?
Can you view the stamps full sized? They use the same script.


I have javascript disabled, differences still open, just in the current page, rather than a new window.
New trades
Still got those pesky gaps to fill? See if I have what your looking for in My Stamp Trades
Missing that certain edge? Why not see if I can help you obtain it with My Corner Trades
User avatar
Skaven
 
Posts: 438
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 03:19 am

Re: Stamp Catalogue

Postby steeljam » Thu Jul 15, 2010 06:56 pm

Skaven wrote:
steeljam wrote:Still working on the amendments.
I have uploaded the details on the two new issues.
Penny Patrican Sixth Anniversary
$1 Clacks Post Paid Koom Valley

Name: $1 Clacks Post Paid Koom Valley
Type: Common
SHS Ref: SHS-KV0220-Aw
Released: 19 July 2010
Withdrawn: Still available
Size (mm): 32 wide by 40 high
Price:
Perf: Wincanton 10cm
Availability: AM Consulate Passport
Sheet: No
Is this info correct? I was led to believe these stamps where exclusive to the 6th birthday LBE only, therefore, no longer available. Also, whats the AM consulate passport?
Well spotted - Fixed

Skaven wrote:Also, the $1 Explorer - Sir Roderick Purdeigh, i believe you have the sport/common the wrong way round. I think the sport, has 2 parrots, and the common only 1. If not, i have about 10 sports, and 1 common :thumbr:
Well spotted - Fixed

steeljam wrote:
phalarope wrote:Nothing happens when I click on the Differences link for sports. Is this a 'Feature Yet To Come'?

It should come up in a pop-up window. Have you got pop-ups blocked?
Can you view the stamps full sized? They use the same script.

Skaven wrote:I have javascript disabled, differences still open, just in the current page, rather than a new window.
Flickr Photos : DW Events : Discworld Stamp Catalogue : Motorcycle diaries
Register your birthday on the forum
X-Clacks-Overhead GNU Terry Pratchett
User avatar
steeljam
Monitor
 
Posts: 17629
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2005 06:54 pm
Location: Welling in Kent

Re: Stamp Catalogue

Postby Skaven » Thu Jul 15, 2010 07:05 pm

Released: 19 July 2010

Date still needs editing :)
New trades
Still got those pesky gaps to fill? See if I have what your looking for in My Stamp Trades
Missing that certain edge? Why not see if I can help you obtain it with My Corner Trades
User avatar
Skaven
 
Posts: 438
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 03:19 am

Re: Stamp Catalogue

Postby steeljam » Thu Jul 15, 2010 07:11 pm

Skaven wrote:Released: 19 July 2010

Date still needs editing :)
Done
Flickr Photos : DW Events : Discworld Stamp Catalogue : Motorcycle diaries
Register your birthday on the forum
X-Clacks-Overhead GNU Terry Pratchett
User avatar
steeljam
Monitor
 
Posts: 17629
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2005 06:54 pm
Location: Welling in Kent

Re: Stamp Catalogue

Postby steeljam » Fri Jul 16, 2010 07:53 am

I have now made the corrections for the 7½p Duty Paid and the 7p Tobacco and Snuff Duty Paid stamps
7½p Duty Paid stamp
7p Tobacco and Snuff Duty Paid stamp
Flickr Photos : DW Events : Discworld Stamp Catalogue : Motorcycle diaries
Register your birthday on the forum
X-Clacks-Overhead GNU Terry Pratchett
User avatar
steeljam
Monitor
 
Posts: 17629
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2005 06:54 pm
Location: Welling in Kent

Re: Stamp Catalogue

Postby walkid » Sun Jul 18, 2010 12:44 am

will the gcts rewards be on there?
like the shades postbox, street names and the here be dragons stamps?

oh and, you best add to the asassins postage paid, that there is a white back which does have the end of the vine!

:)
Sig.....Hmm......

The Statement Below Is True
The Statement Above Is False
walkid
 
Posts: 106
Joined: Sat Jul 29, 2006 06:54 pm

Re: Stamp Catalogue

Postby Muba » Sun Jul 18, 2010 08:54 am

walkid wrote:will the gcts rewards be on there?
like the shades postbox, street names and the here be dragons stamps?

oh and, you best add to the asassins postage paid, that there is a white back which does have the end of the vine!

:)


give the lad a chance :wink:

I think if GCTS or other items have included a unique stamp these will be included under stamps.
The Dragon Sanctuary and Eaten by Snails series will be under covers I expect
The non DW labels, whether GCTS or only used on post, should appear under Cinderellas
You are welcome at The Discworld Stamp Collector on FaceBook and The Discworld Stamp Collector web site which has in-depth reviews of some issues and collectable items.
User avatar
Muba
 
Posts: 2204
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2008 07:58 pm
Location: Llamedos

Re: Stamp Catalogue

Postby Muba » Wed Jul 21, 2010 09:14 pm

Muba wrote:Just noticed on the original Bad Blintz higher values that the perforations are 16 / 2mm, much like the UU stamps.
Thia applies to the 10, 20, 50 and 100 Bizot stamps. The 1,2 and 5 B are 13.5 / 2cm.


The perforation info for the Bad Blintz and UU stamps still hasn't been updated.
You are welcome at The Discworld Stamp Collector on FaceBook and The Discworld Stamp Collector web site which has in-depth reviews of some issues and collectable items.
User avatar
Muba
 
Posts: 2204
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2008 07:58 pm
Location: Llamedos

Re: Stamp Catalogue

Postby steeljam » Wed Jul 21, 2010 09:25 pm

Muba wrote:
Muba wrote:Just noticed on the original Bad Blintz higher values that the perforations are 16 / 2mm, much like the UU stamps.
Thia applies to the 10, 20, 50 and 100 Bizot stamps. The 1,2 and 5 B are 13.5 / 2cm.


The perforation info for the Bad Blintz and UU stamps still hasn't been updated.
There is a hole lot of work to do on perforations 8).
It isn't something that gets me excited.
I prefer a good gumming :?
Flickr Photos : DW Events : Discworld Stamp Catalogue : Motorcycle diaries
Register your birthday on the forum
X-Clacks-Overhead GNU Terry Pratchett
User avatar
steeljam
Monitor
 
Posts: 17629
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2005 06:54 pm
Location: Welling in Kent

Re: Stamp Catalogue

Postby Squigglyx » Wed Jul 21, 2010 09:41 pm

steeljam wrote:
Muba wrote:
Muba wrote:Just noticed on the original Bad Blintz higher values that the perforations are 16 / 2mm, much like the UU stamps.
Thia applies to the 10, 20, 50 and 100 Bizot stamps. The 1,2 and 5 B are 13.5 / 2cm.


The perforation info for the Bad Blintz and UU stamps still hasn't been updated.
There is a hole lot of work to do on perforations 8).
It isn't something that gets me excited.
I prefer a good gumming :?


I agree, it can't be licked... :D


I had too, if it wasn't me, someone else would have :roll:
X-Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett
User avatar
Squigglyx
 
Posts: 7091
Joined: Thu Sep 21, 2006 10:17 pm
Location: Near to t'hill in Lancashire

PreviousNext

Return to The Stamps

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron