Discworld

Stamp Catalogue

General Stamp discussion.

Re: Stamp Catalogue

Postby steeljam » Mon Dec 21, 2015 05:37 pm

I am now working on the Ephemera section.
So far I have added the Emporium receipts.
The ones in the catalogue are a subsection of those issued; the ones I have received.
I would be happy to receive other examples and add them to the catalogue. Scans of 250 dpi would be welcome.
Flickr Photos : DW Events : Discworld Stamp Catalogue : Motorcycle diaries
Register your birthday on the forum
X-Clacks-Overhead GNU Terry Pratchett
User avatar
steeljam
Monitor
 
Posts: 17434
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2005 06:54 pm
Location: Welling in Kent

Re: Stamp Catalogue

Postby Muba » Mon Dec 21, 2015 06:50 pm

steeljam wrote:I am now working on the Ephemera section.
So far I have added the Emporium receipts.
The ones in the catalogue are a subsection of those issued; the ones I have received.
I would be happy to receive other examples and add them to the catalogue. Scans of 250 dpi would be welcome.


Coincidentally today I have been having a tidy-up. The pile of piles included a lot of emphemera.
I did start to sort these out but when I pulled out the box where is is all stored it became apparent that putting it all together in some sort of order would take more that an hour or two on a wet afternoon.
What I need is a box or folder of the right size - then I could get started
But when I do I will be happy to check for anything no already in the catalogues.

Are you going to include the postcards?
You are welcome at The Discworld Stamp Collector on FaceBook and The Discworld Stamp Collector web site which has in-depth reviews of some issues and collectable items.
User avatar
Muba
 
Posts: 2201
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2008 07:58 pm
Location: Llamedos

Re: Stamp Catalogue

Postby steeljam » Mon Dec 21, 2015 09:15 pm

Muba wrote:
steeljam wrote:I am now working on the Ephemera section.
So far I have added the Emporium receipts.
The ones in the catalogue are a subsection of those issued; the ones I have received.
I would be happy to receive other examples and add them to the catalogue. Scans of 250 dpi would be welcome.


Coincidentally today I have been having a tidy-up. The pile of piles included a lot of emphemera.
I did start to sort these out but when I pulled out the box where is is all stored it became apparent that putting it all together in some sort of order would take more that an hour or two on a wet afternoon.
What I need is a box or folder of the right size - then I could get started
But when I do I will be happy to check for anything no already in the catalogues.

Are you going to include the postcards?

The hardest thing has been establishing the year for many items which only state the day and month.
I think you mean Folders!
Postcards: Only those advertising the Emporium, usually given away.
Flickr Photos : DW Events : Discworld Stamp Catalogue : Motorcycle diaries
Register your birthday on the forum
X-Clacks-Overhead GNU Terry Pratchett
User avatar
steeljam
Monitor
 
Posts: 17434
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2005 06:54 pm
Location: Welling in Kent

Re: Stamp Catalogue

Postby Muba » Mon Dec 21, 2015 09:43 pm

steeljam wrote:The hardest thing has been establishing the year for many items which only state the day and month.
I think you mean Folders!
Postcards: Only those advertising the Emporium, usually given away.


The main problem for me checking things off is that its all so variable and a lot is quite random
Thieves Guild receipts are the easiest (see your email inbox)
Are the We Are Sorry posted up yet?
You are welcome at The Discworld Stamp Collector on FaceBook and The Discworld Stamp Collector web site which has in-depth reviews of some issues and collectable items.
User avatar
Muba
 
Posts: 2201
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2008 07:58 pm
Location: Llamedos

Re: Stamp Catalogue

Postby steeljam » Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:33 pm

Muba wrote:
steeljam wrote:The hardest thing has been establishing the year for many items which only state the day and month.
I think you mean Folders!
Postcards: Only those advertising the Emporium, usually given away.


The main problem for me checking things off is that its all so variable and a lot is quite random
Thieves Guild receipts are the easiest (see your email inbox)
Are the We Are Sorry posted up yet?
They are under AM Post Office
Flickr Photos : DW Events : Discworld Stamp Catalogue : Motorcycle diaries
Register your birthday on the forum
X-Clacks-Overhead GNU Terry Pratchett
User avatar
steeljam
Monitor
 
Posts: 17434
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2005 06:54 pm
Location: Welling in Kent

Re: Stamp Catalogue

Postby steeljam » Thu Dec 24, 2015 11:15 am

I have added an events section to Ephemera.
The pieces of paper were collected at the events and later discovered in my bag when I got home. There are spaces which I would love to fill.
If you have any items associated with any Wincanton events I would love to get scans so I can add them to the catalogue.
Flickr Photos : DW Events : Discworld Stamp Catalogue : Motorcycle diaries
Register your birthday on the forum
X-Clacks-Overhead GNU Terry Pratchett
User avatar
steeljam
Monitor
 
Posts: 17434
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2005 06:54 pm
Location: Welling in Kent

Re: Stamp Catalogue

Postby steeljam » Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:27 am

Nearly completed Ephemera. If you have items please contact me.
I have now added all the printed Stanley Howler Journals to the Catalogue.

Having fun reading Muba's Stamps and Books
Flickr Photos : DW Events : Discworld Stamp Catalogue : Motorcycle diaries
Register your birthday on the forum
X-Clacks-Overhead GNU Terry Pratchett
User avatar
steeljam
Monitor
 
Posts: 17434
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2005 06:54 pm
Location: Welling in Kent

Re: Stamp Catalogue

Postby steeljam » Fri Jan 15, 2016 11:59 pm

A new section has been added to the Ephemera Chronicles section - the Comic Strip.
These strips appeared in the now extinct Ankh-Morpork & District Society of Flatalists website.
The strips featured characters from the Forum and drawn by Jennifer P Davis (Zephyr). Even now many forum members have their character as their avatar on the forum.
Flickr Photos : DW Events : Discworld Stamp Catalogue : Motorcycle diaries
Register your birthday on the forum
X-Clacks-Overhead GNU Terry Pratchett
User avatar
steeljam
Monitor
 
Posts: 17434
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2005 06:54 pm
Location: Welling in Kent

Re: Stamp Catalogue

Postby Kelshandra » Sat Jan 16, 2016 05:51 am

<------ Like this one :D

I found my large sheet just the other day (in a pile looking for a spot to live- unpacking is fun)
The Geeky Goblin My irregular crafting inspirations
Currently working on the 2010 and 2018 Yearbooks- 2017 is ready to go!
GNU Terry Pratchett
User avatar
Kelshandra
 
Posts: 7367
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 05:11 am
Location: SE corner of XXXX

Re: Stamp Catalogue

Postby Drayax » Wed Feb 03, 2016 07:39 pm

Anyone else notice a colour change with the watch house stamp? got a couple of them in my definitives lbe's that were brown rather than olive
"It's only stamps, sir. I mean there's no law against stamps..." - Cheery Littlebottom.
Drayax
 
Posts: 85
Joined: Thu Mar 13, 2014 01:42 pm
Location: Essex

Re: Stamp Catalogue

Postby steeljam » Wed Feb 03, 2016 08:04 pm

You beat me to it - here is a scan comparison.
Image
Got to order another sheet.
Flickr Photos : DW Events : Discworld Stamp Catalogue : Motorcycle diaries
Register your birthday on the forum
X-Clacks-Overhead GNU Terry Pratchett
User avatar
steeljam
Monitor
 
Posts: 17434
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2005 06:54 pm
Location: Welling in Kent

Re: Stamp Catalogue

Postby phalarope » Sat Feb 06, 2016 01:48 am

I notice that the Sneezing Panda definitives are now posted, 'nk you. But why is the Penny Patrician called a 'Maltese'? The upper cartouches are quite obviously (to me) a panda's face. :wink:
And may I suggest that the Morporkia 10p sport be named "Bibulous", in keeping with the deity theme of the 5p Morporkia Anoia sport?
Cheers -
Carol (phalarope)
'The world is full of signals that we don't perceive.' -- Stephen Jay Gould, (1941-2002) paleontologist, evolutionary biologist, science historian

Oysters have 4 lips

X-Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett
User avatar
phalarope
 
Posts: 4082
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2005 12:20 am
Location: St. Michaels, County of Talbot, Maryland, USA

Re: Stamp Catalogue

Postby steeljam » Sat Feb 06, 2016 09:51 pm

phalarope wrote:I notice that the Sneezing Panda definitives are now posted, 'nk you. But why is the Penny Patrician called a 'Maltese'? The upper cartouches are quite obviously (to me) a panda's face. :wink:
And may I suggest that the Morporkia 10p sport be named "Bibulous", in keeping with the deity theme of the 5p Morporkia Anoia sport?

When I looked at the 1p I saw a hampster looking back :D and it looked like a Maltese Cross. However, I can now see the Panda,
I agree with Bibulous
Thanks
Flickr Photos : DW Events : Discworld Stamp Catalogue : Motorcycle diaries
Register your birthday on the forum
X-Clacks-Overhead GNU Terry Pratchett
User avatar
steeljam
Monitor
 
Posts: 17434
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2005 06:54 pm
Location: Welling in Kent

Re: Stamp Catalogue

Postby phalarope » Sat Feb 06, 2016 11:30 pm

:D :D

I have to agree with you about the panda face. Couldn't make anything of it at first, and thought Ian had been at the absinthe again, but as I stared a bit longer the piano, ton of bricks, and anvil all struck at the same time.
Cheers -
Carol (phalarope)
'The world is full of signals that we don't perceive.' -- Stephen Jay Gould, (1941-2002) paleontologist, evolutionary biologist, science historian

Oysters have 4 lips

X-Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett
User avatar
phalarope
 
Posts: 4082
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2005 12:20 am
Location: St. Michaels, County of Talbot, Maryland, USA

Re: Stamp Catalogue

Postby Grace Speaker » Sun Feb 07, 2016 09:09 am

I didn't see the panda face at first either, so many thanks to you guys for pointing it out :thumbl: Very clever bit of design on Ian's part to get a little panda's face in that tiny cartouche!

I like the nicknames for the Morpokia sports too.

I have a question about the ToA sport - usually any figures on the sports very much look like they're falling down off the top, but the Phantom on the new ToA looks like it might be someone levitating up . . . but they are wearing trousers rather than wizard's robes, which prompts the question of who it might be . . .?
X-Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett
GNU Stephen Hawking
Grace Speaker
 
Posts: 4588
Joined: Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:00 am
Location: London

PreviousNext

Return to The Stamps

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest